Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dino_D
Have you tried the associated rims? Cause the DEX210 has the imperial sized axle for the front to use AE rims. So i figured logic would dictate that they would use AE as standard for the rear. Anyone tried them?
Right now the AE front wheels I have are the 9.7mm size…I've been using the 22-4 fronts or regular Durango wheels with 14mm hexes. The 14mm hexes seem to be a few MMs narrower than the 12mm unless you use the K1 hexes for the shumacher. When I use the 22-4 wheels with the new exotek 12mm clamping hexes on the front, the wheel locknuts don't get full thread penetration. Especially if they aren't low profile.

I"ll try to post some measurements and such later as I think I have most of the hex combinations for this car now. I have two sets of avid 12mm hexes, Shumacher K1 12mm, and the Spec R 14mm clamping set. I'm doing the NAMM trade show right now so it's a little crazy…
Old 01-24-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am willing to get the uni fronts, but the mids are over my budget. I am thinking of using the D drive shafts for the mid's, as I would not have to purchase a dual slipper. Is the D better than the original? I need something that will last. I think the uni's in the front would be worth it as they would help the bearings last longer, and make turning easier on the servo.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
I am willing to get the uni fronts, but the mids are over my budget. I am thinking of using the D drive shafts for the mid's, as I would not have to purchase a dual slipper. Is the D better than the original? I need something that will last. I think the uni's in the front would be worth it as they would help the bearings last longer, and make turning easier on the servo.
Why would you have to purchase a dual slipper? The mid-uni (of which the rear is a 'must have' in my book ) works with the same middle slipper as always.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Must have a dual slipper NO, it does not work.
Because if you lose one end, you have ONLY half a slipper to transfer power with, it works perhaps when you drive straight out and aut of a corner but NOT over a jump when the front Wheels slip......
Old 01-24-2015, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Is the v4 slipper any good? I am starting to have issues with the v3 slipper. I am on my 3rs spur gear. This last one, I melted the inside of the spur...the plastic melted in between the holes on the metal slipper plates and locked the spur thus stripping the spur LOL. I now have it as tight as I can get it and it still slips. Used new pads also and ruined those. Do the plates go bad? I am using a 5.5t and it's awesome. but am also having gearing issues.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

If this uses the same pads as a Desc210, then the Arrmma pads will work. I sand the face of mine before installing, gives it a better grip. I flexed the chassis enough for the front mid drive shaft to pop out. After that I bent the body to make it tighter and it worked. I was able to finish the main tonight without breaking my car. I also have a slipper issue with my Desc410R, it was too loose. I also sanded the discs as well.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tfrankito
Is the v4 slipper any good? I am starting to have issues with the v3 slipper. I am on my 3rs spur gear. This last one, I melted the inside of the spur...the plastic melted in between the holes on the metal slipper plates and locked the spur thus stripping the spur LOL. I now have it as tight as I can get it and it still slips. Used new pads also and ruined those. Do the plates go bad? I am using a 5.5t and it's awesome. but am also having gearing issues.
Your slipper is still too loose then ( slipping all the time and melting the poor spur gear). Looks cool when that happens tho huh? Oooses through the metal

Associated Pads are much thicker and seem to take a lot more more punishment before they smooth up, I've been running them for a while now. I hear you can now get Durango Garodiscs which are even more hardcore.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

I am thinking of putting my RS Pro and Tekin 5 turn in this. I will of course limit the power. I have a triple I need to clear. This thing really turns now since I replaced all the drive line pins. I will probably need to beef up the drive line with the 5 turn, ya thank!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

The drivetrain is bomb proof, as long as the diffs are shimmed right, It'll handle the horsepower for sure. A local had a 5.5 running on turf with a locked slipper...
Old 01-25-2015, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Is there a fix for the chassis flex? My front center drive shaft popped out during the second heat. I can flex the chassis and see that it could easily pop out.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Carbon brace or alloy sides, but have never seen a chassis flex enough to pop the middle shafts out
Old 01-25-2015, 11:37 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Is there a fix for the chassis flex? My front center drive shaft popped out during the second heat. I can flex the chassis and see that it could easily pop out.
If your front drive shaft does pops out, check that the steel posts are screwed in tight and that the top deck/front bulk heads are not damaged.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, I will check it and see if that is where the play is coming from. I installed the RS Pro and Tekin 5 turn. Needless to say I turned it down quite a bit and added current limiter to it as well, maybe too much. I know this is a lot of motor, but should be fun as it is a high torque motor. I was running an 8.5 motor, but it was lacking some punch.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

I'd really like to see some alternate shock towers... These fine adjust towers blow.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

The non fine tune ones are stronger, but what happened to the guy making 5mm towers? That's the solution imo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.