Old 10-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They are 25.6mm for front rims. Same as my 2wd buggy. I don't get it
Old 10-25-2014, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Originally Posted by evostyle
When using the Schumacher K1 12mm front hex set with proper axle spacing. Which EVO front 4wd wheel is closest to the stock front track width. The EVO 4wd front Losi or the Evo 4wd front Kyosho?

Also out of all the rear 12mm axle hexes.
http://www.amain.com/Search?cID=5321&s=12mm+hex

Which would be the best to use to maintain the stock track width when using the AKA rear EVO wheels?
.??????
Old 10-25-2014, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

I want to use AKA EVO wheels. I'm just not sure how.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ball cups kept popping off all night long, man does this get old. I guess I will shelve it till I figure something out.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Switch ball cups and studs to TLR and that will be done forever. Pretty bulletproof from there.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evostyle
I want to use AKA EVO wheels. I'm just not sure how.
When I use the EVO wheels I use AVID 12mm clamping hexes in the rear. They were originally designed for the B4/B44. I am using the Shumacher K1 12mm hexes up front. I think the track width is very close, especially up front, but you will need a few different kinds of axle spacers to make it all fit correctly. I have not measured however so I am unsure how close it is. I'll try to do this soon.

I've posted some pictures on here and I'll try to upload them to my gallery so you can see. I'm using mostly the Kyosho axle spacers that also work on the DEX210.

Please do a search, You'll find more info by searching through the thread This question has been answered in detail a few times.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by platgof
Ball cups kept popping off all night long, man does this get old. I guess I will shelve it till I figure something out.

The original HD ballcup once they pop out, just replace them. Its not the same once they pop as it has expanded and will continue to pop when you hit. You can't really reuse the HD ones. Also I never take the ball out of the cup when rebuilding if you are using the HD ones. I would back out the screw instead. Taking the cups on and off is just gonna make it worse

If you use the new DIMEX ballcups that come with the v4, they are stronger than the HD ones and don't pop as easy after you pop them.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks, I have to do something. I have done a ton of work getting this ready, and really want to run it. Going to the 2/3 hole pistons has made it fun to drive again. I heard the new front arms are suppose to be better as well?
Old 10-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yep can definitely vouch for the fact the v4 cups are tight you can even adjust camber without them popping off
Old 10-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

On a side note Dino I find your shock setup a little on the firm side, from the drop test the chassis doesn't compress and rebound at all, I will try 1.6x2 35wt f and 1.5x3 30wt r
Old 10-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
When I use the EVO wheels I use AVID 12mm clamping hexes in the rear. They were originally designed for the B4/B44. I am using the Shumacher K1 12mm hexes up front. I think the track width is very close, especially up front, but you will need a few different kinds of axle spacers to make it all fit correctly. I have not measured however so I am unsure how close it is. I'll try to do this soon.

I've posted some pictures on here and I'll try to upload them to my gallery so you can see. I'm using mostly the Kyosho axle spacers that also work on the DEX210.

Please do a search, You'll find more info by searching through the thread This question has been answered in detail a few times.
1sMashine, thanks for your reply. I did see your post earlier when I did the search. However, I didn't see an answer to my questions about ACTUAL track width. Some people's idea of close may be different than other's idea of close. I'm looking to maintain front STOCK track width or just narrow of it so I can use a spacer on the outside of the hex to achieve stock track width. So depending on which front wheel I use Evo Losi or Evo Kyosho one of these may be better to start with. I still don't know. I'm guessing nobody has tried the two.

My other question was what rear hex can can be used to achieve STOCK track width. Most of them will work to mount the wheels, but I just want a bolt on and go set that maintains STOCK track width.

At this point I've scrapped the idea of using the EVO wheels. Really, they are probably not worth the trouble on a Durango.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

I know the search isn't always the best and I understand where you are coming from...wanting to be exactly stock width. I am using the Losi 22-4 EVO front wheels. I think the KYO is the same as the Losi. Haven't measured it myself.

I can measure the width of the car with each type of wheels to compare, EVO and stock Durango. Are you looking for total width with the wheels and tires? is the purpose for ROAR or SPEC class racing legality? I can try and compensate for the overlap in the tires or I could measure from hex to hex, whichever you would prefer. I think I measured before when I first got my EVO wheels and the difference was negligible.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
I know the search isn't always the best and I understand where you are coming from...wanting to be exactly stock width. I am using the Losi 22-4 EVO front wheels. I think the KYO is the same as the Losi. Haven't measured it myself.

I can measure the width of the car with each type of wheels to compare, EVO and stock Durango. Are you looking for total width with the wheels and tires? is the purpose for ROAR or SPEC class racing legality? I can try and compensate for the overlap in the tires or I could measure from hex to hex, whichever you would prefer. I think I measured before when I first got my EVO wheels and the difference was negligible.
Im wondering what 12mm hexes fit front and rear. So Avid? For what car.

Thanks
Old 10-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

These ones are what I use in the rear because I can adjust the rear track depending on which pair you use. http://www.amain.com/Avid-RC-B41-12m...ex-Set/p241354 Up front I use the shumacher K1 hexes for 12mm.

I haven't found a front 12mm clamping hex that fits yet. I'm interested to see if someone else can.

Perhaps someone can sticky this info for later review as this is a common question it seems?

I've done some testing of EVO vs standard Durango wheels. I have NOT found the EVO to be consistently faster. It seems similar. I also wonder if they would hold up and stay true as well in a hard crash as they are a bit less rigid in design. We have a discussion on this going on over in my tire tech talk forum. Personally I prefer to use the 14mm hexes from Spec R or Tresrey 14mm clamping. Then regular Durango wheels.

Hope that helps. I'll try to upload pics later.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I understand people wanting 12mm hexes if they already own mass sets of wheels, but you can easily sell them and switch to 14mm wheels which are fine. I run either stock or DE Borego wheels which maintain their rigidity a little longer and a little better than the stock wheels. As such I'm looking to try some of DE's new neon Wheels soon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.