Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 01:29 PM
  #1621  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

My F603 rx fit with the LRP esc which I dont think it is any smaller than the Kinetic esc. I just stand it up facing the servo, the body clears it fine. Reducing lenghts on the servo and esc leads is a great way to tidy up the electric install in this ride for sure!
ABBOTT is offline  
Old 09-10-2010, 01:32 PM
  #1622  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
My F603 rx fit with the LRP esc which I dont think it is any smaller than the Kinetic esc. I just stand it up facing the servo, the body clears it fine. Reducing lenghts on the servo and esc leads is a great way to tidy up the electric install in this ride for sure!
Well, I have one on the way just in case I need to get clever. I have the new Futaba BLS551 servo which is small so I can tuck wires a little better because I do not trust myself to shorten servo and ESC leads!!!
dangerwr is offline  
Old 09-10-2010, 02:06 PM
  #1623  
Company Representative
iTrader: (5)
 
JoeNolasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 476
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yeah definitely agree on the white wheels! The yellows came in the box so that's what I put on there at first...they will be white from now on!
JoeNolasco is offline  
Old 09-10-2010, 02:09 PM
  #1624  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
My F603 rx fit with the LRP esc which I dont think it is any smaller than the Kinetic esc. I just stand it up facing the servo, the body clears it fine. Reducing lenghts on the servo and esc leads is a great way to tidy up the electric install in this ride for sure!
Yeah I'm using the LRP TC Spec because the Rango runs very hot and the heat sink is a big help. With the 603/604 it is a VERY tight fit. The 614 makes life a lot easier.
mdowney is offline  
Old 09-10-2010, 02:17 PM
  #1625  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
t0p_sh0tta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mdowney
I just switched from a DX3R to a 4PK and had to order the new R614FF Rx from Tower in order to get it to fit. The 614 is half the size of the 603/604 and the same price. It's part of the new 4PKS but works fine with the 4PK.

Joe - when will you guys start carrying the new Futaba stuff? I'd rather order from you!
What speedo are you running? I run the 603 with an RS-Pro (granted it's small) with room to spare.
t0p_sh0tta is offline  
Old 09-10-2010, 02:42 PM
  #1626  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Well, I have one on the way just in case I need to get clever. I have the new Futaba BLS551 servo which is small so I can tuck wires a little better because I do not trust myself to shorten servo and ESC leads!!!
Its not for everyone but my stuff is out of warranty anyway and my soldering skills are good enough I feel ok with replacing the leads should either outlive this car although i find that to be very unlikely!
ABBOTT is offline  
Old 09-10-2010, 02:47 PM
  #1627  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
What speedo are you running? I run the 603 with an RS-Pro (granted it's small) with room to spare.
LRP SXX TC spec, which has a heat sink. Not saying you can't make a 603/604 fit, just saying it's really tight. (that's what she said...)
mdowney is offline  
Old 09-10-2010, 03:30 PM
  #1628  
Company Representative
iTrader: (5)
 
JoeNolasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 476
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

@Mdowney-Which new Futaba items were you referring to? We are getting the new 3PL pretty soon...

If it's possible to get, you bet we'll get it for you!
JoeNolasco is offline  
Old 09-10-2010, 10:30 PM
  #1629  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (49)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 938
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

My dex is for sale, if anyone is interested.
aradaiel is offline  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:09 PM
  #1630  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
Its not for everyone but my stuff is out of warranty anyway and my soldering skills are good enough I feel ok with replacing the leads should either outlive this car although i find that to be very unlikely!
I have been known to solder some small stuff and am good in emergency situations! We shall see if I can get everything to fit well w/o wire mods first. The Kinetic is a little smaller than the GTB and this smaller Futaba RX with the "abbreviated" servo should help out. I did get the larger mounting tray from the guy in the UK so should be alright . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:21 PM
  #1631  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeNolasco
@Mdowney-Which new Futaba items were you referring to? We are getting the new 3PL pretty soon...

If it's possible to get, you bet we'll get it for you!
The new R614FF Rx's that were introduced with the 4PKS. They work fine with the 4PK but only Tower appears to be selling then so far. They're basically a R604FS that's half the size and costs the same.
mdowney is offline  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:32 PM
  #1632  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
R-E-A-P-E-R-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 1,892
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
I have been known to solder some small stuff and am good in emergency situations! We shall see if I can get everything to fit well w/o wire mods first. The Kinetic is a little smaller than the GTB and this smaller Futaba RX with the "abbreviated" servo should help out. I did get the larger mounting tray from the guy in the UK so should be alright . . .
Hey bud if you need any help shortening up some leads I have an iron with a nice small tip that works great for that stuff. I can help you out this weekend if you would like.
R-E-A-P-E-R- is offline  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:32 PM
  #1633  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mdowney
The new R614FF Rx's that were introduced with the 4PKS. They work fine with the 4PK but only Tower appears to be selling then so far. They're basically a R604FS that's half the size and costs the same.
I ordered one today and want to see if I can sub-mount it under the carbon radio tray.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 09-11-2010, 05:45 AM
  #1634  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

ABBOTT is offline  
Old 09-11-2010, 10:37 AM
  #1635  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Any pics of how or where you guys are mounting transponders? Thanx guys.
air8 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.