Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 10:12 AM
  #15886  
Tech Rookie
 
racingdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: quebec,canada
Posts: 11
Default My DEX410v3.5

I custom made this winter my 410v3.5 with center diff, take a spare diff with some mod on a traxxas stampede spur ,it run very well on slippery track and also on hi traction dirt track
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-file0021-copier-.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-file0020-copier-.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-file0022-copier-.jpg  
racingdan is offline  
Old 05-19-2014, 10:19 AM
  #15887  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
kufman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Elburn, IL
Posts: 3,658
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racingdan
I custom made this winter my 410v3.5 with center diff, take a spare diff with some mod on a traxxas stampede spur ,it run very well on slippery track and also on hi traction dirt track
How is the balance? Looks like a lot of weight in the back of the car.
kufman is offline  
Old 05-19-2014, 10:36 AM
  #15888  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racingdan
I custom made this winter my 410v3.5 with center diff, take a spare diff with some mod on a traxxas stampede spur ,it run very well on slippery track and also on hi traction dirt track
Wow, that looks great! What weight oil in the center diff? I am currently running 100k and loving it. Nice work...
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 05-19-2014, 10:56 AM
  #15889  
Tech Rookie
 
racingdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: quebec,canada
Posts: 11
Default

the balance is very good, have lot of steering and the rear end feel vrey good,my diff oil are 5000f,7000c and 2000r and can run fastest lap versus my other 410v3
racingdan is offline  
Old 05-19-2014, 04:43 PM
  #15890  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
RC10Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,933
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racingdan
I custom made this winter my 410v3.5 with center diff, take a spare diff with some mod on a traxxas stampede spur ,it run very well on slippery track and also on hi traction dirt track
Is that a dex410 diff you used? After seeing your post I checked the length of the f/r diff to the length of the slipper unit and they matched! Holy cow, how did I not see that before?

Can you post some more info on what spur you used and how you modified it?
RC10Nick is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 11:03 AM
  #15891  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I broke a lot of suspension arms last Sunday while racing and while I did take some really good tumbles and crashes I wonder what the rest of us have done to strengthen the arms? boiling them?

I wasn't the only 4 wheeler who had trouble finishing the races either. it was a pretty hot at an indoor track.

I love my Durangos especially the 410 narrow design. But….Forgive me but I think I want a D413 for the strength of the design and easy swap between battery types….
13Maschine is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 11:14 AM
  #15892  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
I broke a lot of suspension arms last Sunday while racing and while I did take some really good tumbles and crashes I wonder what the rest of us have done to strengthen the arms? boiling them?

I wasn't the only 4 wheeler who had trouble finishing the races either. it was a pretty hot at an indoor track.

I love my Durangos especially the 410 narrow design. But….Forgive me but I think I want a D413 for the strength of the design and easy swap between battery types….
lighten the car, get he car under 1750g and it's pretty much indestructible.
Mine is about 1725g, seen some very nasty crashes, and haven't broken anything in about 4 months now.
nicholasxuu is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 11:39 AM
  #15893  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hmmm, That makes sense. Obviously the answer is also don't crash!

What kind of lightening have you done? Titanium screws? I have the carbon fibre towers. I'm running the tresrey titanium hinge pins. Which I must say rock, they survived all the arm snapping crashes and seem to be perfect still. I need to roll them to check but every new arm I put on didn't bind at all. Can't say that for my lunsford pins.

Has anyone noticed the new V4 drivetrain parts being lighter? like the Ujoints and such? Seems like they would be similar and the double joints being maybe a bit heavier?
13Maschine is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 01:13 PM
  #15894  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
Hmmm, That makes sense. Obviously the answer is also don't crash!

What kind of lightening have you done? Titanium screws? I have the carbon fibre towers. I'm running the tresrey titanium hinge pins. Which I must say rock, they survived all the arm snapping crashes and seem to be perfect still. I need to roll them to check but every new arm I put on didn't bind at all. Can't say that for my lunsford pins.

Has anyone noticed the new V4 drivetrain parts being lighter? like the Ujoints and such? Seems like they would be similar and the double joints being maybe a bit heavier?
cheaper way would be:
not to use aluminum upgrade unless necessary. (ha, TD must hate me now)
remove those bass weights if you put on any.
use shorty lipo if your race is not that long. -60~100g
use low profile servo if you can. -20g
even chassis protector weights about 10~15g.
Those 12AWG wire can get heavy as well, try make them shorter.

*I haven't put on anything titanium yet.
nicholasxuu is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 04:26 PM
  #15895  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Shorty pack doesn't fit normally and requires modifications. This also makes the rear end super light over the front end unless you move the motor around. I think the car would be overly unbalanced this way unless you add weights then what's the point. If you don't run the rear 30gram weight the car is pretty forward biased already.

Which low profile servo do you use? Seems like many of them don't have the torque or speed for a wheeler.
13Maschine is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 04:39 PM
  #15896  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
Shorty pack doesn't fit normally and requires modifications. This also makes the rear end super light over the front end unless you move the motor around. I think the car would be overly unbalanced this way unless you add weights then what's the point. If you don't run the rear 30gram weight the car is pretty forward biased already.

Which low profile servo do you use? Seems like many of them don't have the torque or speed for a wheeler.
1. shorty require very little modification. for me, minimal trim on rear bulkhead, removed battery mounting area on rear hoop (cheap plastic one, got a few in spares anyway), the most work I got is drilling two holes on the chassis to mount shorty. Though it seems some batches of chassis has those holes pre-drilled.
OH, and my car have 49.5:50.5 F/R weight distribution.

2. normal low profile like savox 1251 is good enough for wheeler. especially after the light weight work.
I'm using the cheap solar d770 servo right now, slightly longer and a couple gram heavier than regular low profile servo, but work just fine, and really really cheap.
*I know friends using low profile on their much heavier 22-4, all fine.
*we run on pretty high traction clay, servo performance does matters theoretically, low profile is fine.
nicholasxuu is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 05:14 PM
  #15897  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Can you post pics of your shorty setup?
13Maschine is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 05:14 PM
  #15898  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for your tips btw
13Maschine is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 05:40 PM
  #15899  
Tech Rookie
 
racingdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: quebec,canada
Posts: 11
Default

yes it`s a 410 diff with machined gear to help on centering the traxxas stampede 86t spur
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-file0024-copier-.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-file0026-copier-.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-file0027-copier-.jpg  
racingdan is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 05:53 PM
  #15900  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racingdan
yes it`s a 410 diff with machined gear to help on centering the traxxas stampede 86t spur
you could have waited and use the new Team C center diff for buggy.
nicholasxuu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.