Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
I've been running mine outdoors the last month. All I can say is it's been awesome. The only thing I changed was tires and more droop... kinda of figured this is were the platform would have its advantages over the v4.

Dude run that sh!t…
I know! I might be able to get out to the track on Friday.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
@incubus: Are you healing up nicely? I'm running these STRC shock caps:

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...ps-4-Gun-Metal
I was healing up perfectly fine until the 3rd week after my surgery when my wife noticed a little bit of redness around my incision. So I went to see my Doc and he said yeah, looks like an infection has developed and proceeds to shove a surgical swab more than 4" into my leg, gave a half twist and pulled out (didn't hurt, jet felt weird), and bloody drainage shot out as if from a hose. We both squeezed and applied pressure until it stopped and then he did it a gain and again more stuff shot out from my leg. It looked like a murder scene!!! Anyhow, I hd a 2nd surgery to clean out my incisions and had to start from square one, almost. Hip is doing fine, but doc put me on bed rest for a month and then I have to resume physical therapy, though having done this so many times in my life, I've already started on my own and am much farther along than the therapist will expect. Anyhow, back on topic.

Didn't know STRC made aluminum caps for the Fat Shocks. They're not as pretty as the Exotek but they are less expensive. I just went on their site and they make them in black and gold so choices for everyone. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
I was healing up perfectly fine until the 3rd week after my surgery when my wife noticed a little bit of redness around my incision. So I went to see my Doc and he said yeah, looks like an infection has developed and proceeds to shove a surgical swab more than 4" into my leg, gave a half twist and pulled out (didn't hurt, jet felt weird), and bloody drainage shot out as if from a hose. We both squeezed and applied pressure until it stopped and then he did it a gain and again more stuff shot out from my leg. It looked like a murder scene!!! Anyhow, I hd a 2nd surgery to clean out my incisions and had to start from square one, almost. Hip is doing fine, but doc put me on bed rest for a month and then I have to resume physical therapy, though having done this so many times in my life, I've already started on my own and am much farther along than the therapist will expect. Anyhow, back on topic.

Didn't know STRC made aluminum caps for the Fat Shocks. They're not as pretty as the Exotek but they are less expensive. I just went on their site and they make them in black and gold so choices for everyone. Thanks for the info.
I'd prefer exotek or durango's own cap,
exotek make the mounting hold un-even sized on both sides like stock plastic one, so it's perfectly holding there without modification.
durango's aluminum cap has extra mounting pieces to keep the cap in position.
strc one is not as thoughtful, you'll need your own solution to keep the cap not sliding all the way into the shock tower. i.e. a not too thin, not too thick spacer.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Then Exotek it is!!!

I LOVE when engineers figure out little nuances like this.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
I'd prefer exotek or durango's own cap,
exotek make the mounting hold un-even sized on both sides like stock plastic one, so it's perfectly holding there without modification.
durango's aluminum cap has extra mounting pieces to keep the cap in position.
strc one is not as thoughtful, you'll need your own solution to keep the cap not sliding all the way into the shock tower. i.e. a not too thin, not too thick spacer.
I use my STRC shock caps with losi bladders and the durango O ring seals. I use a standard screw for the bleed hole. I don't need any special mounts, I'm using the standard screws and plastic durango stand offs. I opted to stay with the standard screw setup over the quick change idea from lunsford or the durango because I think these tend to make you break the tower more often. The plastic spacers under the shock screw helps give it a little bit of give in the event of a crash I think. I haven't broken a tower in quite some time.

I'm also using their shock collars. I haven't had a chance to use the Durango or Exotek versions….
Old 05-14-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I use the STRC shock caps on my 210, they work well on the stock mounts
Old 05-17-2014, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I need some help. I just picked up a DEX410V3 used. I ordered some front and rear wheels from Amain that were listed to fit the buggy. I took the wheels off that came on the buggy, and it has a different setup. Not the 14mm hex that the new wheels have. The front is a hex that measures 9.72mm. The rear is a pin that locates the wheel. I'm not sure where to buy these types of wheels. Would it be easier to convert back to the stock setup? What parts would I need?

Also, I have a bunch of Losi rear wheels. Can I convert it somehow so the Losi wheels would work on the rear?

Old 05-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

You want the 14mm hexes of choice (good time to get locking hexes like the tresrey or exotek ones) and the 14mm solid wheel pin. Yours has been converted to the old 10mm hex/roll pin style like the original dex410, B44 etc
Old 05-18-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

So 2 sets of these:

http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-d...locking-hex-2/

And 2 of these:

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...Roll-Pin-Set-2

Correct?
Old 05-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

yup, those hexes might need to be filed on the back side to fit the front though
Old 05-18-2014, 09:11 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdogg
I need some help. I just picked up a DEX410V3 used. I ordered some front and rear wheels from Amain that were listed to fit the buggy. I took the wheels off that came on the buggy, and it has a different setup. Not the 14mm hex that the new wheels have. The front is a hex that measures 9.72mm. The rear is a pin that locates the wheel. I'm not sure where to buy these types of wheels. Would it be easier to convert back to the stock setup? What parts would I need?

Also, I have a bunch of Losi rear wheels. Can I convert it somehow so the Losi wheels would work on the rear?

Since it has that small front hex, you'll probably need the newer front axles TD310112. TD offers hexes in several colours BLACK TD310395, RED TD310396 , OLIVE TD310397 and GOLD TD310226, Plastic is also an option TD330312. You'll need 2 packs of whatever you pick. The pin is TD310135.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys!
Old 05-19-2014, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

So yesterday I finished up my own 3 diff build. I used this center diff for $15 shipped from China, some g10/fr4 I had laying around from building my dex210 chassis, and a spare mid rear dogbone I had from a packaging mistake when I originally build my 410. The whole thing cost me maybe $25 to do (not including the parts I already had). It's not as clean of a job as bman's, but it kept me busy for a few weekends so I'm happy! Just have to wait for the 3mm mod1 pinion to show up so I can try it out.

I actually have LESS room to mount electronics, so I won't show you my terrible wiring job. The outdrives have a ton of slop. The diff and motor mount are a pain to put in/take out because of how I had to mount everything. I hope to never have to change fluids at the track. The rear of the car still flexes just a bit too much. I'll have to re-make my "side pod halves" out of some thick CF if I decide to keep the car like this. I also want to figure out how to brace the chassis from the rear tower to that tab that sticks out on the center diff to help with stiffness.

Last edited by RC10Nick; 05-19-2014 at 07:27 AM. Reason: uploaded a clearer picture
Old 05-19-2014, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
So yesterday I finished up my own 3 diff build. I used this center diff for $15 shipped from China, some g10/fr4 I had laying around from building my dex210 chassis, and a spare mid rear dogbone I had from a packaging mistake when I originally build my 410. The whole thing cost me maybe $25 to do (not including the parts I already had). It's not as clean of a job as bman's, but it kept me busy for a few weekends so I'm happy! Just have to wait for the 3mm mod1 pinion to show up so I can try it out.

I actually have LESS room to mount electronics, so I won't show you my terrible wiring job. The outdrives have a ton of slop. The diff and motor mount are a pain to put in/take out because of how I had to mount everything. I hope to never have to change fluids at the track. The rear of the car still flexes just a bit too much. I'll have to re-make my "side pod halves" out of some thick CF if I decide to keep the car like this. I also want to figure out how to brace the chassis from the rear tower to that tab that sticks out on the center diff to help with stiffness.
Looks good. That's one thing mine needs is a smaller lighter center diff. Keep up the innovation, you'll always improve on it as long as you have a vision. Everybody would do it if it was easy. That's the difference.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

I finally got my v5 out last Friday on an 1/8th scale track and it was on rails!!! It was so much fun hitting the cross overs, huge jumps and huge spans designed for 1/8th scales!! I was out running some of the 1/8th scales that were there! My averages were about 3 seconds off 1/8th scale times!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.