Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
Hey All….I've noticed on the setup sheets there is an option for a rear plastic brace (The other option is the Carbon, which is standard on the V3,V4) but I don't see a rear plastic brace option….ideas?
The V4 comes with both the carbon and plastic rear brace. I found that the plastic brace give the car more rear traction, while the carbon brace makes the car transition faster. I like the plastic brace over the carbon but that's me. Lutz uses the plastic and Travis use the carbon so i guess it's just personal preference.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

What's the trick to getting the diffs to feel butter smooth? I built two diffs per the instructions that come with TD2100001 and they are very notchy and tight. I built them with and without the planetary gear shims and no change.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Autocratic
What's the trick to getting the diffs to feel butter smooth? I built two diffs per the instructions that come with TD2100001 and they are very notchy and tight. I built them with and without the planetary gear shims and no change.
Mines was like that when new. After a few runs they should break right in.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Does the spider gears spin free on the cross pins? I find that its a little tight due to the molding. You can sand or file the burrs down a little bit so they spin free.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I found the plastic internals had a slight notchyness to them, but everything was built correctly with the shims, so I just slapped it together shimming it like the how to says and ran it, both the high spot in the ring gear and the internals smoothed right out after a race day.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

First time racing a 4wd buggy.do you recommend v3 or v4? I usually like going after the newest version but I've had good results with previous versions of other vehicles. I've been racing 4wd sct, losi scte 2.0, for almost a year now and I've been in the A main for a few months now at my local track and I also race 2wd buggy, losi 22, but I've just started that a few weeks ago. 4wd buggy had blown up at my track now so I wanna get into that. I like the durango because it's shaft driven and seems to be a great vehicle.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

^^^

v4 all the way. You don't want to sit and wonder how much faster you could be with the newest and latest car. This version really caught my attention... and the fact that they sold faster then any other 4wd 1/10th scale buggy we had on the site.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If your on a tight budget, find a used V3 that has some of the necessary upgrades, other than that the v4 is the way to go. All the improvements that the v4 has really make the kit worth it to buy. The center driveshafts are awesome, the a-arms, the light sider gears etc.. all good stuff.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 04sti20
First time racing a 4wd buggy.do you recommend v3 or v4? I usually like going after the newest version but I've had good results with previous versions of other vehicles. I've been racing 4wd sct, losi scte 2.0, for almost a year now and I've been in the A main for a few months now at my local track and I also race 2wd buggy, losi 22, but I've just started that a few weeks ago. 4wd buggy had blown up at my track now so I wanna get into that. I like the durango because it's shaft driven and seems to be a great vehicle.
The V4 is a refined version of the v3. The most notable changes would the 2-way slipper which allows you to change front and rear bias almost like a center diff, which is a great tuning option, the front arms allowing wheelbase adjustments, lightweight internal diff gears and center Ujoint drive shafts which are butter smooth. You can always upgrade those parts from a cheaper V3 or spend a bit more and get the v4
Old 04-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you can snag a V3 for 200 it's a smoking deal. I've seen a few of them floating around in new or almost new condition for that price. Both cars are great and I think the dual slipper is probably the upgrade I like the best probably because I've come from a Losi XXX4 with a one way as my last 4Wheeler. It really helps the car drive a little easier especially on jumps and bumps. It's more like having 3 diffs….semi-independent front and rear. Either way you won't be disapointed. Great cars.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

I haven't played with my 2 way slipper on my v4 yet so, maybe someone can chime in on the characteristics of it when you loosen it. So far I only ran it lock/without slippage.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by offroad dude
I haven't played with my 2 way slipper on my v4 yet so, maybe someone can chime in on the characteristics of it when you loosen it. So far I only ran it lock/without slippage.
Well you are suppose to run it a little loose like a slipper in a 2wd. Have it tight enough so you dont get wheel spin. The difference is by changing pads or drilling holes you can alter front or rear bias. Almost like a center diff where you can have more front or rear power but without the weight
Old 04-03-2014, 06:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
If you can snag a V3 for 200 it's a smoking deal. I've seen a few of them floating around in new or almost new condition for that price. Both cars are great and I think the dual slipper is probably the upgrade I like the best probably because I've come from a Losi XXX4 with a one way as my last 4Wheeler. It really helps the car drive a little easier especially on jumps and bumps. It's more like having 3 diffs….semi-independent front and rear. Either way you won't be disapointed. Great cars.
+1, I'm sure there are some in the for sale section!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dino_D
Well you are suppose to run it a little loose like a slipper in a 2wd. Have it tight enough so you dont get wheel spin. The difference is by changing pads or drilling holes you can alter front or rear bias. Almost like a center diff where you can have more front or rear power but without the weight
I guess I need to start doing some testing asap! Do you have any suggestions on a good starting point?
Old 04-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by offroad dude
I guess I need to start doing some testing asap! Do you have any suggestions on a good starting point?
Where are you racing? Grip level.

If high bite, standard setup is fine.
If low to med bite, I would suggest making 6x 2.0mm holes in rear slipper pad only evenly spread. It will give you more front drive.
If you want more rear drive, for high grip then put the drilled pad in the front and the stock pad in the rear. Best to have a few different pads to try. 4 holes, 6 holes and 8 holes depending on how much bias you want.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.