Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 09:57 PM
  #15421  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Bman,
I've got one word for your 3 diff 410.......Planted. The track is blown out tonight and I still four tenths faster than my previous fast time. I've got no weight in the car and it is dialed first night out. I took 3 turns of droop out of the rear, have 2mm limiters in front 50k center 10k front and 7k rear. You know my shock set up so I wont bore you with that, but I did go back to the light blue rear springs. Bottom line, this thing is amazing. Great work!!!

Last edited by knowitall156; 03-11-2014 at 11:36 PM.
knowitall156 is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 03:56 AM
  #15422  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by knowitall156
Bman,
I've got one word for your 3 diff 410.......Planted. The track is blown out tonight and I still four tenths faster than my previous fast time. I've got no weight in the car and it is dialed first night out. I took 3 turns of droop out of the rear, have 2mm limiters in front 50k center 10k front and 7k rear. You know my shock set up so I wont bore you with that, but I did go back to the light blue rear springs. Bottom line, this thing is amazing. Great work!!!
Thanks Mike, I thought we had a game changer. On the rear droop, you took 3 full turns? What's your measurement center of eyelets? I just did this also. Keep us posted with updates.....
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 06:41 AM
  #15423  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Thanks Mike, I thought we had a game changer. On the rear droop, you took 3 full turns? What's your measurement center of eyelets? I just did this also. Keep us posted with updates.....
3 full turns out from the screw being bottomed out, stock rear sway bar. The rear end was not dumping or rolling over at all, but we have a high speed sweeper and the track is rough right now. The buggy felt more consistent and easier to recover if you hit a rut or hole with a bit less droop both front and back. Ride height is 21 front and 22 back because of track condition and a couple of kicker jumps. The one thing I noticed right away was how much more stable the buggy is in high speed sections and jumping without losing the great turning. Game changer is right.
knowitall156 is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 PM
  #15424  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South dakota
Posts: 276
Default

Well the wait is finally over. Might not be the v5 but my v4 showed today! First wheeler and just in time for our big trophy race.
Sodakota is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 09:51 PM
  #15425  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,261
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know where I can get the v3 for $200? Or all sold out?
teeforb is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 10:13 PM
  #15426  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teeforb
Anyone know where I can get the v3 for $200? Or all sold out?
all sold out very quickly.
*btw, it was $200 before tower discount.

now, probably forsale forum...
nicholasxuu is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 10:15 PM
  #15427  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,261
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
all sold out very quickly.
*btw, it was $200 before tower discount.

now, probably forsale forum...
Ok just checking
teeforb is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 03:22 AM
  #15428  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (63)
 
LOSI123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Gold Coast-Australia
Posts: 2,617
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default

Is there a Max height for saddles to fit properly? I wanted to order some batteries but car is in transit.
LOSI123 is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 04:28 AM
  #15429  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Is there a Max height for saddles to fit properly? I wanted to order some batteries but car is in transit.
25mm seems to be the max. Unless they changed it somewhere along the way.
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 04:31 AM
  #15430  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sodakota
Well the wait is finally over. Might not be the v5 but my v4 showed today! First wheeler and just in time for our big trophy race.
Your going to love it. I started with the very first model (2009) and have enjoyed and welcomed the refinements over the years. Everyone thinks these cars are aggressive. You should of drove the early years! Enjoy!
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 05:21 AM
  #15431  
ekt
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,229
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Is there a Max height for saddles to fit properly? I wanted to order some batteries but car is in transit.
As BMan said, it is 25mm.
ekt is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 05:02 PM
  #15432  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (114)
 
Mxer59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 2,703
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Really debating on picking up v4 how is durability I ask cause I drove a v3 and only made two laps and over a triple the arm and hinge pin broke all I did was come down a little on the left early
Mxer59 is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 05:49 PM
  #15433  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,261
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mxer59
Really debating on picking up v4 how is durability I ask cause I drove a v3 and only made two laps and over a triple the arm and hinge pin broke all I did was come down a little on the left early
Very few week parts. Get it. I think the hinge pin, v4 addressed it. Look on TD website on the v4 upgrades.
teeforb is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 07:30 PM
  #15434  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
rcjunky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,202
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

the v4 addressed the few minor complaints people hard. The inner hinge pins were to blame for many arm failures. With the new HD ones it should make them a lot stronger in general.
rcjunky1 is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 08:57 PM
  #15435  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (520)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,373
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
the v4 addressed the few minor complaints people hard. The inner hinge pins were to blame for many arm failures. With the new HD ones it should make them a lot stronger in general.
I would recommend using the V3 front arms, at least in colder temps..
flame56mx is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.