Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
Just for any durango haters reading this, the hobby store I work at received a dex410v4 today just as I suspected. The whole first batch was pre ordered pushing the date back for those that didn't get there pre orders in. I got the new ball cups, center universals and o rings in yesterday as well, everything but caster blocks and dual slipper (that I haven't ordered) are here, should be running it on the 19th so we'll see how these new parts work
The original v3 is 17 degrees.. v4 uses 19 degree which will make it more stable over bumps and give it more high speed steering and less low speed. Depending on your setup, you may or may not need the caster blocks as most of the time indoors, its small tight and technical, so more low speed steering is required. You will see the most benefit of a dual slipper on slippery and bumpy tracks.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by yz167
Lol, i was at Pegasus Hobbies. I'm going to be running tomorrow at LRH. I've never been to Santa Clarita....
I haven't had a chance to check out either track yet. I'm actually in Seattle for a few more days but when I get back we will have to plan a track day. So far I've been to OCRC, SCVRC, and West Coast before they closed. I definitely wanna check out Pegasus and LRH.

What kinda tires do you run at each spot? I should probably mount up a set before I got out. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
I haven't had a chance to check out either track yet. I'm actually in Seattle for a few more days but when I get back we will have to plan a track day. So far I've been to OCRC, SCVRC, and West Coast before they closed. I definitely wanna check out Pegasus and LRH.

What kinda tires do you run at each spot? I should probably mount up a set before I got out. Thanks!
At lrh, I run bar codes all around, the gold compound. At pegs during the days or during the summer I prefer calibers m3 all around. But lately, since it's been cooler at night we have been running bar codes with good results.

I ran about 6 full packs through my v3 last night, crashed and rolled it multiple Times and it never even phased it. My friend with his v3, hit a PVC pipe so hard, you heard a crack and saw a chunk of pipe fly onto the track. His v3 was perfectly fine, but the pipe not so much. Lol. These Durango's are tanks, I love it!

Last edited by yz167; 01-12-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

Smile

Originally Posted by yz167
At lrh, I run bar codes all around, the gold compound. At pegs during the days or during the summer I prefer calibers m3 all around. But lately, since it's been cooler at night we have been running bar codes with good results.

I ran about 6 full packs through my v3 last night, crashed and rolled it multiple Times and it never even phased it. My friend with his v3, hit a PVC pipe so hard, you heard a crack and saw a chunk of pipe fly onto the track. His v3 was perfectly fine, but the pipe not so much. Lol. These Durango's are tanks, I love it!
Calibers vs Bar Codes eh? Seems like calibers are so much different than barcodes….Is Pegasus more loamy and dirt rather than clay? Much taller step tread and barcodes being a pretty low tread height tire...
Old 01-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Starting to see more and more 410s showing up at our local track! Went from 2 of us now to 7! 2 of which are the v4.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Ya I can't wait to race mine again either, parts will be in tomorrow. Do I really need to invest in the rr alum hanger for durability? I haven't yet but I was thinking I should
Old 01-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lee111m
Ya I can't wait to race mine again either, parts will be in tomorrow. Do I really need to invest in the rr alum hanger for durability? I haven't yet but I was thinking I should
I busted two of them and a rear bulkhead before I got the aluminum ones. Haven't had a problem since then. Was a good upgrade for me.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hey if you guys want stickers made, pm me. I mostly use them in reverse to paint my numbers in

Old 01-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I want to ask the folks that switched to the v4 , how many seconds a lap the fancy slipper and unis have knocked off your lap times ? Thinking about it , but I am struggling to see the performance benefits .
Old 01-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Smile

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Hey guys here is an update to the project I have been working on. DEX410 with 3 DIFFS! Here are some specs and pics for your viewing pleasure!

7075-T6 +8 chassis
Modular design to run DESC410 center diff or stock 410 buggy slipper
Saddle packs or shorty across the rear.

Just need to finish installing the electrics and take it out for a test drive....
How about some updates BMan! How do you like the 3Diff vs the Slipper? Is it possible to do a 3Diff setup with the regular battery orientation? front to back stacking instead of left to right…..???

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

May I also ask where the chassis came from? Thanks!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wittyname
I want to ask the folks that switched to the v4 , how many seconds a lap the fancy slipper and unis have knocked off your lap times ? Thinking about it , but I am struggling to see the performance benefits .
Do you mean just the slipper, or the whole car?
Old 01-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

How about some updates BMan! How do you like the 3Diff vs the Slipper? Is it possible to do a 3Diff setup with the regular battery orientation? front to back stacking instead of left to right…..???

Thanks!
May I also ask where the chassis came from? Thanks!
I have been giving updates all along. They are in production as we speak, a few people already put deposits on the first batch. I like the 3 diff better as of right now. Car is planted! I haven't tried the slipper in the new layout yet, I'm enjoying the center diff. I guess you could run the saddles in stock config but one of the reasons was to get more weight rearward. You could run a shorty across the back or pushed up. As for the chassis and components, it's all my design and is produced on the CNC miller. Pm me for more details if your interested. Thanks..........
Old 01-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lee111m
Do you mean just the slipper, or the whole car?
I was thinking the slipper and unis are really the only material difference between the new car and old car. I was hoping to hear from people that had updated old cars how their lap times have changed
Old 01-14-2014, 06:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
Its not going to be a laptime changer, at least not extreme. Its like big bore shocks, or a better balanced set of tires. They feel better, and it will/may eliminate a bobble, or even a crash or 2. So it may not be reflected as much in a single lap, but more like 2-3 less marshalls over the entire race is where the difference will be noticed. Make sense?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.