Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:55 PM
  #14986  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco
Do the front center and rear center u joints fit your 3 diff chassis. I was going to order a few things, but thought your conversion used the desc410 ones. Also what body are you using.
The rear does. I use two rears one 68mm and the older 70mm. Right now I am using the 502 bulldog but I am going to a B44.2 bulldog as I am redesigning the rear brace. I know the XB4 body will fit as well. I tried a few different ones at the track yesterday.
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 05:50 AM
  #14987  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
thephunnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Barrie ON CAN
Posts: 168
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Well I hit the track for the first time last night with my 410R. I really enjoyed it for the 4 minutes or so that I had before it broke. LOL. I kind of figured that breakage would be an issue with the R until I get some upgrades done. I'm going to upgrade as I break. So I'm going to order the aluminum FF hangar. I see that hangar uses pivot balls. Will I be ok to run the aluminum FF and the plastic FR for now? Or will the pivot balls cause the pins to sit differently requiring my to upgrade both FF/FR at the same time?
thephunnel is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 06:38 AM
  #14988  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thephunnel
Well I hit the track for the first time last night with my 410R. I really enjoyed it for the 4 minutes or so that I had before it broke. LOL. I kind of figured that breakage would be an issue with the R until I get some upgrades done. I'm going to upgrade as I break. So I'm going to order the aluminum FF hangar. I see that hangar uses pivot balls. Will I be ok to run the aluminum FF and the plastic FR for now? Or will the pivot balls cause the pins to sit differently requiring my to upgrade both FF/FR at the same time?
I would get both along with HD pins and be done with it.
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 07:08 AM
  #14989  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
thephunnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Barrie ON CAN
Posts: 168
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
I would get both along with HD pins and be done with it.
HD pins? I haven't heard of these. I didn't notice anything on the TD option page. Are these from a different manufacturer?
thephunnel is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 07:14 AM
  #14990  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
thephunnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Barrie ON CAN
Posts: 168
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thephunnel
HD pins? I haven't heard of these. I didn't notice anything on the TD option page. Are these from a different manufacturer?
Sorry, I just went back and looked. Found the HD pins. Should have done that before posting.
thephunnel is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 08:49 AM
  #14991  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
The rear does. I use two rears one 68mm and the older 70mm. Right now I am using the 502 bulldog but I am going to a B44.2 bulldog as I am redesigning the rear brace. I know the XB4 body will fit as well. I tried a few different ones at the track yesterday.
XB4 body is very nice and it's so SIMPLE to paint! LOL

The Kuhler body is gorgeous but it is a difficult body to paint. For me the absolute most difficult one to date.
the incubus is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 08:49 AM
  #14992  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
The rear does. I use two rears one 68mm and the older 70mm. Right now I am using the 502 bulldog but I am going to a B44.2 bulldog as I am redesigning the rear brace. I know the XB4 body will fit as well. I tried a few different ones at the track yesterday.
XB4 body is very nice and it's so SIMPLE to paint! LOL

The Kuhler body is gorgeous but it is a difficult body to paint. For me the absolute most difficult one to date.
the incubus is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 09:19 AM
  #14993  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
wittyname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 1,884
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thephunnel
Well I hit the track for the first time last night with my 410R. I really enjoyed it for the 4 minutes or so that I had before it broke. LOL. I kind of figured that breakage would be an issue with the R until I get some upgrades done. I'm going to upgrade as I break. So I'm going to order the aluminum FF hangar. I see that hangar uses pivot balls. Will I be ok to run the aluminum FF and the plastic FR for now? Or will the pivot balls cause the pins to sit differently requiring my to upgrade both FF/FR at the same time?
I just went through this . Took me almost 4 weeks to get the pivot bushing/balls . You can use the alum and plastic hanger no problem. I would suggest you get the alum rf while your placing an order. That one will break next and its a time killer to change out at the track.
wittyname is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 09:23 AM
  #14994  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
wittyname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 1,884
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I am using a MIP bypass piston set up right now and am wondering if anyone else has used them ? My track is 2 hours away , so to constantly go test and tune is very hard this time of year . I would like to get in the ball park the next time I go ... Do you find you are using heavier oil ( by 10wt or more) in the front than the rear ?
wittyname is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 09:34 AM
  #14995  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
thephunnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Barrie ON CAN
Posts: 168
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wittyname
I just went through this . Took me almost 4 weeks to get the pivot bushing/balls . You can use the alum and plastic hanger no problem. I would suggest you get the alum rf while your placing an order. That one will break next and its a time killer to change out at the track.
Thanks. Looks like today is my lucky day. The lhs doesn't stock a lot of TD parts, but they actually have the aluminum FF in stock and I found 2 pivot balls from my Desc. I'll get that rf ordered up.
thephunnel is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 12:48 PM
  #14996  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
wittyname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 1,884
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Nice !
wittyname is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 02:37 PM
  #14997  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (92)
 
CarlCrocco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,138
Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
The rear does. I use two rears one 68mm and the older 70mm. Right now I am using the 502 bulldog but I am going to a B44.2 bulldog as I am redesigning the rear brace. I know the XB4 body will fit as well. I tried a few different ones at the track yesterday.
Cool Thanks!, Keep up the hard work, can't wait to try one of the 3 diff wheelers
CarlCrocco is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 03:03 PM
  #14998  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (21)
 
dirtdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 586
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Where is the best place to buy the v4 drive shafts?
dirtdog is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 08:30 PM
  #14999  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
platgof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,507
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, will a Savox 1258 fit in this? I already have a 1257 in it, but have two 1258's I could use. I found some Blaster dry lube at Home Depot for like $6 that I will use on the drive line components.
platgof is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 PM
  #15000  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 430
Default

Yes the 1258 is the same size.
lee111m is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.