RB5/RT5 Steering Rack

• How many people would be interested in steering racks now that the truck is about to be released? I am assumming that they will be the same as the RB5 steering rack.

I guess I need some inside information on whether they are the same part and I also need to find out if I can get them made again. Times are tough in the machine shop and so run time is pretty much for real business only.

It would be a minimum run of 100 and I would have to front the money, therefore if it is only 10 to 20 I may have to pass.

LMK
    Leigh
  • I think you should do it !
  • Quote: I think you should do it !
    If anyone wants one of these, you should jump on this! The products are really highly quality and Leigh is great to deal with.
  • well, i was thinking of making some of these as well since i make the bulkheads, etc. but was only thinking of making roughly 20.... they will not be anodized or anything but was just throwing this out there
  • Someone make a front axle adapter so I can run JConcept wheels on my RB5!
  • Quote: Someone make a front axle adapter so I can run JConcept wheels on my RB5!
    I read on the RB5 thread that you can use Academy GV2 steering knuckles and ae style axle. I thought about trying it when I got the RB5 but ended up sticking with the Kyosho rims. [/hijack]

I would be in for one steering rack.
  • Quote: Someone make a front axle adapter so I can run JConcept wheels on my RB5!
    when I did that I just used the associated axles and carriers. You just need to tap out the carrier to fit the larger metric pin. I believe it was 3mm.

Also the parts lp3233 makes are great quality. I would also like a front bulkhead.
  • I would be in for two racks if you make them again.