R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-30-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default which brushless system should i get? v2

neu 1515 1.5d with MMM or MMM system (2200) or Novak 5.5 HV?
I'm running in an e-revo on 6s 22.2v system and i want both torque and speed as well as bang for buck.
if it can:
pop wheelies at about 10mph and hold it for a while
top end at about 60mph give or take 5mph
reliable
won't clog
and run pretty long on 5250 mah 30c batteries. (over about thirty minutes, though it won't really matter as long as it goes over 15.)
won't burn out
will shred my talons.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

anybody?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you go with the MMM 2200 get it from http://holmeshobbies.com for $250 shipped. Mine is in the mail. Type in ESC for the coupon code.
Sorry I can't answer your specific questions but anyone who has this system has a hard time getting it to full throttle.
sivob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default brushless revo

MMM 2200 for sure. With 6s lipo that will really get you going. I am pretty sure that the stock e revo brushless comes with that combo. Novak 5.5 is going to be a lot slower. Plus castle creation's has great customer service.
snowboard094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I had the same dilemma a few months ago. After a lot of reading I chose the MMM 2200KV, and damn it's fast. I am traditionally a Novak user, but this time I went with the MMM. Alot of other guys were saying with the E-Revo the Novak HV system had a tenancy to over heat, so that made me lean towards the MMM. I am running two 7.4V 2S 6000mAh lipo in series (so it's like having one 4S 14.8V 6000mAh battery) and it's fast! Also there seems to almost no heat build up on any components, so I am sure I can get more speed out of the system, and I get about 15min of run time. I just ordered two 3S batteries, so that should take it up a notch. As some one else stated their customer service is great! Programming is also a breeze with the PC link, much much better then the Novak (I have a few other Novak brushless systems). So I think the MMM is the best for the E-Revo, it's worth the extra bucks!
Old 01-31-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Gop the Neu 1515/1Y not the D

The reasons

More efficient 10% more out of your batteries

More torque

Much more power output at low amps ie through corners - cooler than any motor except a green (Castle) Neu

Also get Y wind which menas you can fine tune using timing if needed - D winds just make heat when you add timing

Use lowest timing and get the acceleration and speed you want by increasing the gearing to increase load and power draw from the cells
Fastelectrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

Go the Neu 1515/1Y (2200) not the D

The reasons

More efficient 10% more out of your batteries

More torque

Much more power output at low amps ie through corners - cooler than any motor except a green (Castle) Neu

Also get Y wind which means you can fine tune using timing if needed - D winds just make heat when you add timing so if you have 4 timing settings you have 4 fewer options witha D wind

Use lowest timing and get the acceleration and speed you want by increasing the gearing to increase load and power draw from the cells
Fastelectrics is offline   Reply With Quote