Search

New to the hobby.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New to the hobby.

Good evening all
I am now getting into the sport of r/c cars. I bought a Team Associated T-3 about three years ago.Used it once or twice and put it into the box. I am going to use that now until I find which direction I want to go. I.E. gas or electric any pros and cons on the two? I am looking into buying a short course stadium truck they look really cool. Will I just be wasting my money buy going down this road? Should I just stick to my truggy? Any help would be greatly appreciated,I am very excited I think I will be doing this for years to come.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Do you have a track nearby? If so, find out what classes they race. Slash spec racing is really popular, and it's perhaps the cheapest way to go racing. Your T3 would still be fine at the club racing level, and it's still a good truck to run on the track. Parts are also still easy to find for it. Electric has come a long way, brushless and lipo are a hard combo to beat. More power than nitro without the hassle.