My RC8e

Reply

Old 02-07-2009, 06:43 AM
  #16  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
chip cross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer View Post
Very nice build!
Thank you sir, The RC8 handles very well with the RC-Monster chassis and works great. The Castle Creations Mamba Monster Max / 2650 Kv system has enough power to make the buggy ride a wheely.
chip cross is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:03 PM
  #17  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
chip cross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Just a quick video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TsCB...e=channel_page
chip cross is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:20 PM
  #18  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (96)
 
lbckevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,607
Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)
Default

soooo....How is it holding up ???
lbckevin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:43 PM
  #19  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (8)
 
Slokomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 146
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Is the Mamba 2650Kv motor better suited towards 1/8th buggies than the 2200Kv Which develops more power?
Slokomo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:00 PM
  #20  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slokomo View Post
Is the Mamba 2650Kv motor better suited towards 1/8th buggies than the 2200Kv Which develops more power?

I have it and its great for me. Question, I never understood, how does a lower KV motor develop more power than a higher KV motor?? I would think the 2650 was more powerful than the 2200, but I know its not.

Trout
trout74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:06 PM
  #21  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
Jube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,397
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by trout74 View Post
I have it and its great for me. Question, I never understood, how does a lower KV motor develop more power than a higher KV motor?? I would think the 2650 was more powerful than the 2200, but I know its not.

Trout
2200 is more torque, 2650 is more RPM
Jube is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:37 PM
  #22  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 115
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

looking good the rc8e is a great car! I never was a fan of these untill i saw them at my local track racing. WOW
Have fun
AE BT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:28 AM
  #23  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
chip cross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lbckevin View Post
soooo....How is it holding up ???
Very well, but it keeps killing tires
chip cross is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:24 AM
  #24  
Tech Regular
 
Joe Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 287
Default

Originally Posted by chip cross View Post
Very well, but it keeps killing tires
It eats up badlands on asphalt. Use these instead. Handle high power, better grip, and don't wear down nearly as fast.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...dID=LOSA17768B
Attached Thumbnails My RC8e-losa17768b-450.jpg  
Joe Ford is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:59 PM
  #25  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Will a RC8 body fit/work on an RC8E?? Didnt know if they were the same or not. I know some vent holes are designed into the E body just didnt know if everythign else is the same or not? I have some pretty nice custom nitro bodies that havent been cut out and want to know if they will work

thanks
fytefire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:40 PM
  #26  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
chip cross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Ford View Post
It eats up badlands on asphalt. Use these instead. Handle high power, better grip, and don't wear down nearly as fast.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...dID=LOSA17768B
I am using this tire for onroad driving Joe http://www.losi.com/Search/Default.a...erm=450_8IGHTH
I only run the Balands in the grass and dirt.
chip cross is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:43 PM
  #27  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
chip cross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fytefire View Post
Will a RC8 body fit/work on an RC8E?? Didnt know if they were the same or not. I know some vent holes are designed into the E body just didnt know if everythign else is the same or not? I have some pretty nice custom nitro bodies that havent been cut out and want to know if they will work

thanks
I am using the stock RC8 body it seems to work great.
chip cross is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:49 PM
  #28  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
BuggyKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca
Posts: 7,919
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Bithcin lookin RC8. Keep up the good work on it.
BuggyKing is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service