R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #16
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

The hacks get so wired that they don't think things through. They hit a wall and immediately punch it in reverse without even thinking about the mob of cars coming around the bend behind them. Then you have a gigantic tangle to deal with.

Having to wait for a marshal is the penalty for not driving clean. As the saying goes:

"If you don't wanna be marshalled, don't crash"
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #17

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

hey for every1 who uses that argument there's another racer who is tired of marshalling that kind of class b/c they make and effort to go out and get the truck and it reverses anyway, or even into their leg. potentially causing a bigger mess. bleh

granted its better than marshallin idiots with 8 scales. i think ROAR should ban servos in 1/8 scales, they dont need them.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

reverse in racing just causes more chaos than what there already is.I run all my BL dirt cars with reverse for practice.But I have to admit that I have been racing for so long I sometimes even forget I have reverseI have walked half way to get my car off a pipe a few times while practicing and been like" oh yeah, I have reverse" just because over 20 yrs. of racing i have become very used to no reverse.

the classes that they do allow reverse in are HELLARIOUS to watch, but are the WORST to get stuck marshalling.Nothing like having 6 tied up cars to deal with when you only would have had 1 to get off the pipe if there wasnt for that 1 guy who just had to back out in front of the leaders. I actually got to see someone who was running in like 6th pos. win a race because the rest of the guys who were in front of him were all tied up in a big pile up caused by some guy who was back traffic backing out in front of the leader and that was all she wrote since positions 1-5 were all running close together.Funniest part was the scoring loop was like 25 feet away so #6 just breezed past every one who was tied up!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdMod View Post
reverse in racing just causes more chaos than what there already is.I run all my BL dirt cars with reverse for practice.But I have to admit that I have been racing for so long I sometimes even forget I have reverseI have walked half way to get my car off a pipe a few times while practicing and been like" oh yeah, I have reverse" just because over 20 yrs. of racing i have become very used to no reverse.

the classes that they do allow reverse in are HELLARIOUS to watch, but are the WORST to get stuck marshalling.Nothing like having 6 tied up cars to deal with when you only would have had 1 to get off the pipe if there wasnt for that 1 guy who just had to back out in front of the leaders. I actually got to see someone who was running in like 6th pos. win a race because the rest of the guys who were in front of him were all tied up in a big pile up caused by some guy who was back traffic backing out in front of the leader and that was all she wrote since positions 1-5 were all running close together.Funniest part was the scoring loop was like 25 feet away so #6 just breezed past every one who was tied up!!!

hahahahahahahaha...thats a kick in the nuts if that was cav he would of lost thousands due to reverse. lol.
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
gweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweed View Post
hahahahahahahaha...thats a kick in the nuts if that was cav he would of lost thousands due to reverse. lol.
Man it was one of the funniest races I have watched in a LONG time!!When they walked off the stand the guy who was leading before the pile up had that "I just got shafted with no KY" look on his faceIt was priceless.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Man it was one of the funniest races I have watched in a LONG time!!When they walked off the stand the guy who was leading before the pile up had that "I just got shafted with no KY" look on his faceIt was priceless.
i bet. i love seeing shit like that. especially on a club night when it means nothing and these guys are throwing 400$ remotes over it. its great.

so you mean the guy felt like this
kyoslo RB5/ novak motors/ LRP sphere/ m11/ orion 4800,3800,3600/ blazin chronic racing/wphukuall radio/ raikkonen body/ mongoosed km-mini inferno with the multiplex red ass servo that owns johnny b-main and drew/ now at lir the JDM zx-5 sp mugen edition

"team bad guys"
Old 01-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
i bet. i love seeing shit like that. especially on a club night when it means nothing and these guys are throwing 400$ remotes over it. its great.

so you mean the guy felt like this
Oh, dude, it is the middle of our winter points (washtenaw R/C ann arbor MI)series and points are tight for the top 4-5 guys , so I bet he felt like that PLUS some road rash on his knees from not having any kneepads!!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Oh, dude, it is the middle of our winter points (washtenaw R/C ann arbor MI)series and points are tight for the top 4-5 guys , so I bet he felt like that PLUS some road rash on his knees from not having any kneepads!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. that was great. you need a camera for stuff like that. it only gets better with time.

"team bad guys"
Old 01-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. that was great. you need a camera for stuff like that. it only gets better with time.
Dude things like that are why I will go out of my way to watch a slash a-main when they can use reverse, because down right funny sh*t happens !!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #25
Tech Master

Quote:
Dude things like that are why I will go out of my way to watch a slash a-main when they can use reverse, because down right funny sh*t happens !!
i know i'd rather watch it then participate and get pissed. the slashers at my track are funny they push each other into the walls and pipes, sometimes they drive the wrong way to screw with people. i love it.

"team bad guys"
Old 01-28-2009, 11:55 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well well.. now i understand why!
FJC 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:17 AM   #27
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Tmoney$ View Post
if u get stuck on a pipe then u should have to wait to be put back on the track by a marshal if u were a clean driver u wouldnt have to wait
Uh...yeah, you're kind of missing the point of my post. The point of my post is that people turn marshaling Slashes should not automatically assume people have reverse enabled. Plus, by the very nature of racing others with these trucks, VERY often you get into pipes or walls through no fault of your own. People just got done having a 15 post discussion about how reversing into a crowd can ruin other peoples' races. Are you gonna blame the people running into him for not racing clean?

But the point is not, "Gosh I sure hate having to be marshaled, do it better." The point is, "Don't assume a Slash driver has reverse enabled on their ESC and can get themselves out of a jam."

Not that I should even have to clarify this.

Last edited by kdeselms; 01-30-2009 at 01:30 AM.
kdeselms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:42 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to wstuart

if you make a mistake - you and you alone should pay for it. the potential to take out the tq in the sweeper just so you could get going a little sooner is reason enough to not allow it. If you dont like having reverse locked out - then dont crash.

the only exception imo is the hard core novice classes. - not having reverse could make it less fun for them - and that is what this is all about in the end
Team El Cajon Hobbies
wstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:38 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Reverse maybe convenient. But as others say you can really mess someone up or can get messed up by someone else. Slashes maybe the exception as they are pretty bomb proof, however if a slash backs up into an oncoming buggy.... bye bye buggy. This can happen a lot in sportsman classes when all types of vehicles run in the same race. IMO if you drive without reverse from the start you will learn to get around the track better and cleaner. At least this works for me.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If you have reverse and can use reverse, then why take a kife to a gun fight.....turn it on and get in the game.
2010 & 2007 Summer Series at the Plex Modified 2wd Buggy Champion
2009 Summer Series at the Plex Modified 2wd Stadium Truck Champion
Heavy B is offline   Reply With Quote