R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default xxx-t mf2 parts exchange....

Hey everyone, Kinda been outta the game for a little while. Last time I ran 1/10th scale stadium trucks was about 5 years ago and had a some xxx-t mf trucks... Ended up getting a good offer on it and sold it due to not a lot of tracks around at the time.. Recently my buddy got a truck like my old one and I got the bug again ...... Long story short I got a xxx-t mf2 rolling chassis for a good deal and got a mamba max 5700 brushless system and running some lipos..

I'm wondering what parts off the new xxx-t cr edition can I run with out modifying much stuff? Front and rear arms shock towers, kinda just the main parts you break...

and what are your suggestions of this new plastic used on (cr) and graphite and plastic.. of what about the aluminum arms and towers
bigbadyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

On the xxx-cr i prefer to have the graphite because I have found that the EA3 material gives the car a kind of "numb" feeling. Plus the graphite is lighter and more durable in my opinion.
LIVipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

the front carriers dont, dont make the mistake i did. i like the ea3 tho. its so smooth on the small holes and bumps, its like there isnt a bump in front of you. the graphite is super strong and light. the chassis, tranny, carriers dont work for the mf2.
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd run the cr steering rack, you can use the ea3 chassis, and arms for sure. as far as towers, and top plate i'm sure you could, but i don't own a tcr so i'm not 100%
action135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow!!! My eyes lit up when I seen the thread title! See im selling my mf2 and there are a few small parts I need to make it race ready. I was thinking I could send people other parts that they might need......wait....the thread opened up. it wasnt anything like I thought it would be!

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #6
Tech Adept

^^ sorry for the confusion how much are you selling for? I got a buddy wanting what i got..

That's what I've heard about the new plastic.. Some reviews say it strips out kinda easily others like it.. Might just have to try out some.... I was mainly looking at the rear arms.. since I set I saw online looked identical to my graphite ones.. we'll just have to see...

one other thig I noticed on mine compared to the mf1 is the rear wheels on the mf1 are towed in more then my mf2.. i'm not sure if this makes any difference but I dont have any shims set up in the back of my truck where you can have them..

Josh
bigbadyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadyoda View Post
^^ sorry for the confusion how much are you selling for? I got a buddy wanting what i got..
It's a mf2, cr chassis, gtx esc, extra parts, 2x co 27 modded stock motors with extra brushes, orion element 19t, checkpoint money 19t, xr2i and jr rx...dont know about pricing yet..

Right now it just needs a new shock new rear because the stock one has a few ball studs broken in them and 1 front turnbuckle so if anyone has 1 that adjust the front vamber shoot me a PM.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote