R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default traxxas rustler vxl or waterproof edition

Well i went to the store the other day to pick up a new VXL Rustler, i finally narrowed it down. When i got to the hobby shop they threw a wild card in by showing me a totally waterproof rustler. My buddy wants to pick one up too. The waterproof one is 134, where the vxl is 254. I went there knowing i wanted the extra speed, but when i can pick a waterproof one up for 120 cheeper and not have to worry about ever ruining the electronics that caught my eye. I just am worried i will get it and it wont be enough for me. I did just buy 5 2s lipo packs that would work great in the vxl. Will i be missing out by not going brushless?
wakeboardfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Go with the VXL, hands down. I bought one and it was a blast stock. Anaconda pre-mounted traxxas rims/tires work well on it for the street, those rear pins wear down quick. Since you already bought 5(!) lipos, the VXL will benefit from it more. I've never heard of a waterproof edition rustler, unless he's talking about a XL5 (or whatever its called), and thats a downgrade from a VXL for sure.
Airtronics M11x
bmxRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yeah, i didnt believe my eyes when i saw it. I have been to five LHS within the last week and hobbytown was the only one who knew a thing about it and they had some in stock. I saw the box with my own eyes, and i even called traxxas to varify, the rustler stampede and bandit will be waterproof, and they also stated that all models will be waterproof by the end of the year, besides brushless.
wakeboardfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardfusion View Post
yeah, i didnt believe my eyes when i saw it. I have been to five LHS within the last week and hobbytown was the only one who knew a thing about it and they had some in stock. I saw the box with my own eyes, and i even called traxxas to varify, the rustler stampede and bandit will be waterproof, and they also stated that all models will be waterproof by the end of the year, besides brushless.
I believe almost all of the brushed models being shipped right now are waterproof. I am also pretty sure in the next year you will see more traxxas models coming with the 2.4 radio. But back to your main question the regular rustler is a turd. The vxl with your lipo's will be a rocket ship!
f272272 is offline   Reply With Quote