R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALZ View Post
Not quite following..."between the battery bars"? Any pics?
Pretty sure he's referring to the metal parts that stick out from the connector. If you install a loop or something MUCH easier to grab onto, then it'll be much better for a relatively quick battery change. If you've ever tried to swap batteries with Deans connectors quickly... you'd understand how much easier it is when there's more to grab onto.
R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

I never push mine for more than 7 minutes...if I wanted to I would run nitro...I say that if you wish to run for more than 15-20 minutes stick with nitro...
Old 01-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

7 minutes???

Why not just race 1/10th scale.

The fact that these cars can go 15-20 minutes is one of the most apparent draws to this segment.

We race with nitro's because not everyone has changed over yet and if you want to compete with the high level drivers at a race track, you must race with the nitro's.

Otherwise you'd be stuck only racing the other electric conversions and chances are that the competition level will not be as challenging due to the sheer numbers.

7??
Marzac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #19
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

It is possible to dump a 5000mah 4S lipo in under fifteen minutes depending on track conditions.

Your best bet to make a guarenteed 15 minutes regardless of track conditions I have experienced is with a 6000mah 4S lipo. I have managed to dump these in 18minutes. They are heavier for sure, but nothing like running a 5S 5000mah pack or a porky 8000. I have no handling issues with this pack in an RCPD RC8 conversion.

I am not running a really hot setup either, a Neu 1512 2.5D combined with a Mamba Monster ESC. Timing set to lowest and about 20% punch control. I actually found I got better runtimes with more punch control to cut down on wheel spin. and I run 13.2V cutoff.

the PQ6000XP packs can be had for about $180 shipped from RC Lipos right now. You can also get them for about that price when you include shipping from hobbycity if you submit an offer on the battery pack.

Get two of these, and you can do a 30 minute main with 1 swap and also some warmup driving too.

Its pricey, but, in the grand scheme of things (basically 2 2S lipos for about $90 shipped, high quality), its not that bad.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzac2 View Post
7 minutes???

Why not just race 1/10th scale.

The fact that these cars can go 15-20 minutes is one of the most apparent draws to this segment.

We race with nitro's because not everyone has changed over yet and if you want to compete with the high level drivers at a race track, you must race with the nitro's.

Otherwise you'd be stuck only racing the other electric conversions and chances are that the competition level will not be as challenging due to the sheer numbers.

7??
I am not competitive at all...I just want to race 1/8th scale and hate nitro...I try to easy as I can on my equipment so I run 5 min at a time...sounds gay when I say it outloud come to think of it...