"4000mah 15C 11.1v Li-Po Battery" which 15C rating is usually interpreted as
"continuous" but this same 15C rating is later qualified as being "burst" in
the "Features" section. Other manufacturers would then describe this product
as "4000mah 10C 11.1v Li-Po Battery" which 10C rating is usually and
properly interpreted as "continuous".
Name:  werd.gif
Views: 748
Size:  651 Bytes

I've bought my fair share of cheap crap on eBay, and this auction is the picture perfect example of that. Discrepencies in the description, no-name items, bad english and those tacky generic photos with big font describing the item. And lastly, the fact that it's from Hong Kong. Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of good stuff comes from HK (just ordered some more Zippy's) but the majority of it, in my experience, is low quality.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The reason i suggested Maxamps is really not on their marketing.
We've had three guys at our local track go lipo, all using maxamps packs. The second two guys really didnt know what they were doing and bought 3s instead of 4s, ultimately thermalling their controllers before they could get any real fun in at the track. The called Maxamps up and MA took the packs back, and gave them 4s for not much more money. Can't complain about service like that. Other than that one incident all three guys have had no troubles at all with their packs being of "lesser quality".
Old 01-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
Naaaaw, they arent as rough and they arent constantly going from full throttle to brake...They draw a ton to take off then meander between 25-60%...in most applications...there are exceptions though...
Have you ever seen 3D helis fly. Full throttle(idle up) the whole flight till almost cut-off. very hard on lipos.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run MaxAmps lipos and have never had an issue. Customer service is second to none, and the more you buy from them, the deeper the discount they give you.

JMHO

Trout
Old 01-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I would not run anything under a 30C battery in a Monster Truck or 1/8th scale buggy.

I have 30C for my 1/10th Stadium Trucks.....
Old 01-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I used to fly 3D heli (trex 450) and flew with Airthunder lipos which are a bit different than most lipos (kong power are similar) and I would fly idle up 95%-100% throttle the entire time full 3d and for a few demo of the batteries (i was sponsored by them to torture test them) I would actually fly until the heli could not even lift it self into the air and the blades would stop. The battery would not even start back up on the charger and literally had to be jumped with another battery to get the voltage to an ok level. I still have one of these batteries and it works like new. If lipo can take that, a proper voltage cutoff on an esc will be enough that cars wont be half as hard on these are heli's are. We will start to see batteries that are protected against over use in the car scene pretty soon I would guess. They have a small circuit on the end that protects them.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by martianpc
We will start to see batteries that are protected against over use in the car scene pretty soon I would guess. They have a small circuit on the end that protects them.
the li-ion battery on my electric drill already has a LVC built in. It also has the charger INSIDE the case, so you just connect 6v to it and the relays and microcontrollers do their work. I believe it charges each of the cells individually, so no balance problems either.

almost idiot proof eh? It hasn't let me down yet
Old 01-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DHC6
I noticed that they were 11.1. That's what I was looking for, two 3S packs for the system. The MM can take up to 6S, so two 3S packs to even out the weight would be fine. I have two 2S packs now, but would like a few more packs so I am not limited to how many runs in one day.
I have had great luck with the 4s zippy-h lipos from hobby city
For all my other lipos I have been running TrueRC lipos they work great.
Back about a year ago truerc and maxamps were using the same cells.
Not sure of that now.
I have about 10 Truerc lipos they work great and are at a good price.

As for 6s on the Mamba Monster 2200kv combo??? WOW That would be Wicked
I run that setup in my E8ight and I can easialy pull 55mph out of my buggy on 4s if I wanted to.
But for racing 14 ro 15 on the pinion with a 46t spur is great.

All I'm thinking is broken drive train parts because of the power that the system can produce. Be careful
Old 01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I figured it was to good to be true... LOL I went with the True RC packs, when I got the E-Revo it came with two 2S 7.4V 6000 packs. They work quiet well, so I got two 3S 11.1V packs. They were on sale for 80 each, so I will see what happens. I realize I can charge them as many times I want in a day, but it still takes some time to charge, so a few more packs will help the down time. Any one else try the True RC packs?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Anybody have a ZIPPY fail yet?

This weekend at the track my Losi 8E just stopped. At first I thought my ESC was toast but it only temped at 112. Hmmmm so I put in my other ZIPPY pack bingo it was the BATT.

Im new to this lipo stuff and here is my question. Has anyone taken apart a zippy pack yet? I did. WOW here is what happened.(pics later tonight) The posotive lead looks like it is soldered to a piece of tin foil. Well that foil piece tore off the pack. When I plugged the pack into my hyperion charger it said battery failure. Well I took some pliers and helt the broken piece back in place and bingo problem solved. SO how the hell should I try to re-attach this tab. Special solder? I tried to solder it with 60/40 rosin core but it would not stick to the tab, obviousyly it can be soldered somehow the positive wire is soldered to it.???????????

I have zippy 4s 5000mah packs
Old 01-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caseyb
Have you ever seen 3D helis fly. Full throttle(idle up) the whole flight till almost cut-off. very hard on lipos.
The majority of 3d(heli) flying here is nitro, I didnt take that into consideration as I generally think of flying is only airplanes...3d electric helis are hard on their equipment...my bad
Old 01-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I have ran the true rc 15C 8000mah lipos and theey were excellent packs. The guy who I sold them too as I sold my E-revo commented that they put out more voltage than his enerland packs.

They stand behind there stuff, and there prices are excellent.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good price it right! Only 80bucks for a 11.1V 3S 5000mAh is pretty good! Seems like the give a good product, and it looks like they give a good price due to the lack of advertising, or no BS website, and not a flashy product. I am anxious to give them a try, can't wait for them to arrive.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by whitrzac
http://home.comcast.net/%7Etruerc/re...eady_packs.htm

same cells that maxamps uses, at 1/2 the price
Is that a legit sight to order from? J/W 'cause i was looking at those 4000mah 40a cont 60a burst. Only $40 +shipping $5.20. Whats the quality of the battery like?

Last edited by Klen420; 01-22-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DHC6
I figured it was to good to be true... LOL I went with the True RC packs, when I got the E-Revo it came with two 2S 7.4V 6000 packs. They work quiet well, so I got two 3S 11.1V packs. They were on sale for 80 each, so I will see what happens. I realize I can charge them as many times I want in a day, but it still takes some time to charge, so a few more packs will help the down time. Any one else try the True RC packs?
i had a 4s 8000mah lipo from true rc
only used it 2 times then caught fire at the track
charged and balanced with a Triton eq charger.
be careful , i was told to stay with hard pack lipos
there cheap but it cost me a new esc
im going to stick with losi packs
not sure of everyone's experience on them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.