R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-27-2003, 11:21 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default will losi make a new buggy or truck

hi i was wondering if anyone thinks losi will start producing a new line of offroad vehicles now that AE has come out with some competition (finally). i dont meen this as if losi cars arent still capable of winning races but it seems that losi is always at the cutting edge of technology so if they do they will be great cars
losi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 11:32 AM   #2

Check Losi's web site they have a XXX BK2 comming out very soon.
95bmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 12:21 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Default not updates

what i meen is will they come out with a totally different car. with a larger gear ratio or a lower center of gravity
Old 10-27-2003, 01:01 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Signs point to no... they are just making the xxx series a bit better with some suspension and transmission changes to make it handle a bit better so it can run with the b4 and t4. The xxx BK2 is the latest buggy, and hopefully it will be followed by the xxxMFE2 truck.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:10 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The entire XXX line is still very competitive-don't expect a new 'line'...I would suspect running revisions for the off road platforms. The new XXX-4 GP is vastly improved vs. the standard kit. The new BK2 has subtle changes that improve an already proven kit. The new diff, tranny, geometry, etc. really make a difference...

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 02:12 PM   #6
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Whats different about the new diff?
Peter Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 03:09 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: will losi make a new buggy or truck

Quote:
Originally posted by losi4life
hi i was wondering if anyone thinks losi will start producing a new line of offroad vehicles now that AE has come out with some competition (finally). i dont meen this as if losi cars arent still capable of winning races but it seems that losi is always at the cutting edge of technology so if they do they will be great cars
Yes they are. And soon after that, they will come out with a new truck. The development process is constantly ongoing. I'm sure they've had a new car project sitting on the backburner for some time now. It's just a matter of making the new design work better than their old car. I don't honestly think that the B4 has losi to worried, but I'm sure someone is hard at work on one-upping the current design.
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 03:55 PM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Default i can only imagine

i can only imagine what a new losi would feel like to drive because the cars they already have are so good i cant wait
Old 10-27-2003, 03:59 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rdub202

i read in rcca or rc car that losi is testing a monster truck. they just had one distant semi blurred shot of it. as for other stuff i have no idea
_|MRC/Team Academy_|_www.modelrec.com|_
rdub202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 06:57 AM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

sponge- A number of things; among them, the diff screw is machined to accept two blue foam washers under the head, the thrust assembly is revised a little and the beveled washers on the backside of the diff have been replaced with a spring. The outdrives are revised and the diff gear itself is a different size. The result is a smoother, longer lasting diff. The red belt you asked about on Tech Talk is 0.5 mm narrower than the green belt.

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:50 AM   #11
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

J Filipow, thanks for the info. I'm glad they went to a spring, it seems a little more forgiving to adjust. Are they going to make the same change on the XXX4 too.
Peter Busch is offline   Reply With Quote