R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #76
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Or as some like to put it... COORS..

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #77
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

SC10 will be t4 based. I hope they take the right route and give it tires and wheels based on the proline/traxxas size currently for the Slash.. Also hope they make it same wheelbase as a slash.
Seyruuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #78
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyruuen View Post
SC10 will be t4 based. I hope they take the right route and give it tires and wheels based on the proline/traxxas size currently for the Slash.. Also hope they make it same wheelbase as a slash.
I don't see how the T4 could be made into a CORR. Have you seen the T4 with short arms on it? It's called a B4, and it's tiny. The SC10 is going to be much bigger I reckon.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:03 AM   #79
Tech Elite

We also have some electric truggies on the way....(In regards to comments about nothing found on our site)...and we have not really released pics or specs yet....

We got burned in my opinion when we announced we were coming out with the fusion 1/8 electric buggy in April of last year and finally got them in September. It became wait, wait, wait......

I promised back then that Caster would no longer make pre-announcements until we knew production was ready and done.

As for the other corr truck.... The rear end is actually the best rendering of realism, but I think it will not perform on the track against a sc8 which is our competitor by default as we both decided to base off a 1/8 scale platform. I just cannot wait to see what they came up with over there and get some in...

Of course, the negative 20 degree weather and all the snow can go away at any time now. I have seen enough already.....
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry View Post
I don't think any more "CORR style" trucks are necassary at this point. The Slash spec class racing is a great idea and the cost-controlled element is great. Proper management of cost-controlled racing is the key to increasing the number of racers we have.

The issue with r/c racing now is that we already have too many classes to choose from. It seems that every time a new class comes out it may draw a few more racers in here and there but it also draws some racers away from existing classes.

One thing I have noticed from my experience is that many times at the local club level you get 5 different classes and 3-6 drivers in each class.

I've raced in club races with only 2 other drivers and let me tell ya' the old adage "the more the merrier" really does fit.

New classes aren't always a benefit.

+1
TwoTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #81
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly71 View Post
im sure its gonna be electric to compete with the slash. somebody had to step in and make a competiter for the slash. this is a great thing to as adding ae to this class is only gonna make it more popular ALOT MORE POPULAR
Or dilute both classes.

The 'hardcore' spend all my money on RC crowd will buy them and want to race against Slashs. If they aren't equal, it will either kill the fun of the Slash class or need to be seperated into another class.

One thing anyone should know by now, onroad or off doesn't need a lot of 4-5 person classes.

As a parent of a 6 year, the Slash is perfect, 2 RTR trucks for $400, that my son has a hard time breaking. We can bash and on the weekend go out and race with similar people.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #82
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
Or dilute both classes.

The 'hardcore' spend all my money on RC crowd will buy them and want to race against Slashs. If they aren't equal, it will either kill the fun of the Slash class or need to be seperated into another class.

One thing anyone should know by now, onroad or off doesn't need a lot of 4-5 person classes.

As a parent of a 6 year, the Slash is perfect, 2 RTR trucks for $400, that my son has a hard time breaking. We can bash and on the weekend go out and race with similar people.
I can see your point and as a parent of a 11 and 13 year old I have to do everything X 3 so it does effect the pocket book drasticly when I find somthing we like. The cool thing is we don't race out so I could care less about the whole class thing. It's to hard keeping up with the Joneses when you have somthing that is as popular as the slash it just won't stay that way for long.
RC nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #83
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC nut View Post
I can see your point and as a parent of a 11 and 13 year old I have to do everything X 3 so it does effect the pocket book drasticly when I find somthing we like. The cool thing is we don't race out so I could care less about the whole class thing. It's to hard keeping up with the Joneses when you have somthing that is as popular as the slash it just won't stay that way for long.
That's honestly why I hope no one else bothers releasing something to compete with the Slash. The Slash spec classis fine as is. Leaves it to Driver and minor set up.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #84
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Same here 12 and 13 year old. Haven't gotten mine yet cause of money. Hopefully soon. Something we can do together.
huskerdually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #85
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
That's honestly why I hope no one else bothers releasing something to compete with the Slash. The Slash spec classis fine as is. Leaves it to Driver and minor set up.
Only time well tell but as I said befor I doubt it. The only comp I would see is AE but if it winds up being a 4WD then it wouldn't be an issue. Really on the whole Spec. class thing don't all the trucks that are competing have to be identical with respect to Dimm's? As pointed out in a post in another thread here the Slash is kind of a basturd it's biger than 1/10 but not an 1/8. So it really has it's own class correct?
Old 01-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #86
Tech Master

If 5+ plus guys who show with AE or Losi CORR trucks and maybe even some modified Slash's then they can battle it out in CORR mod class. The possibility of anything coming to market that can uproot the Slash Spec Classes is very minimal. Slash has got to be one of the best spec classes ever.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #87
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I think a big part of what has made the Slash so successful is that there is only really one version of it (the RTR). If you buy a Rustler or RTR T4 it looks like the trucks that the fast guys are running, but we all know that the RTR's are about $120 in parts, plus electronics from being "the same" as the the same looking trucks that are in the pro-stock class. If someone has modified a Slash it is readily apparent. And due to the body roll/traction limitations the bigger motors/batteries are not a big advantage on most tracks.

Don't forget that to race a slash it it takes $200 for the kit (Chassis, radio, esc, and servo) and a battery and that's it. all other current classes take the chassis (150-230), the esc (60-100), a radio (at least 100), a servo (30-120), batteries, and a charger. Trying to explain all these costs to a new person interested in R/C tends to scare them away (yes I know you can get a T4 RTR for about 240, but we all know that that guy that shows up with the RTR stadium truck is being told to be fast he needs a motor, CVD's, a better servo, etc...)

The Slash is just plain fun to drive and race. Hopefully any new CORR style truck will also be fun and affordable. hopefully there are classes to race them in as well, but I hope that the Slash Spec class stays as just that.

Tim
TimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #88
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimF View Post
I think a big part of what has made the Slash so successful is that there is only really one version of it (the RTR). If you buy a Rustler or RTR T4 it looks like the trucks that the fast guys are running, but we all know that the RTR's are about $120 in parts, plus electronics from being "the same" as the the same looking trucks that are in the pro-stock class. If someone has modified a Slash it is readily apparent. And due to the body roll/traction limitations the bigger motors/batteries are not a big advantage on most tracks.

Don't forget that to race a slash it it takes $200 for the kit (Chassis, radio, esc, and servo) and a battery and that's it. all other current classes take the chassis (150-230), the esc (60-100), a radio (at least 100), a servo (30-120), batteries, and a charger. Trying to explain all these costs to a new person interested in R/C tends to scare them away (yes I know you can get a T4 RTR for about 240, but we all know that that guy that shows up with the RTR stadium truck is being told to be fast he needs a motor, CVD's, a better servo, etc...)

The Slash is just plain fun to drive and race. Hopefully any new CORR style truck will also be fun and affordable. hopefully there are classes to race them in as well, but I hope that the Slash Spec class stays as just that.

Tim
Not to mention that a T4 (RTR or not) is not that durable. Many new people shelve their R/C the first they break. The Slash is durable out of the box as well, and that is a huge plus. I like Slash racing because I know there is nothing I need to do it week in and week out to race it. My T4, well I know it needs a once over quite often, and I got through front arms here and there as well.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #89
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
Not to mention that a T4 (RTR or not) is not that durable. Many new people shelve their R/C the first they break. The Slash is durable out of the box as well, and that is a huge plus. I like Slash racing because I know there is nothing I need to do it week in and week out to race it. My T4, well I know it needs a once over quite often, and I got through front arms here and there as well.
Wow you make it sound like it never needs maintenance
Old 01-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #90
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC nut View Post
Wow you make it sound like it never needs maintenance
It may need it, but I think I would be hard pressed to find another truck that could withstand what my son has put his through.