R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-14-2009, 01:46 AM   #31
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Thundertech was the 1st one to come out with a corr truck. They did like 2 or 3 years ago. It was a nitro one but still a core truck. Since Thundertech doesnt advertise like Traxxas, it didnt really take off. Then when traxxas put out the slash, and esp. the cheap $200 price tag, it took off. I got one and I dont like traxxas at all. Thought the slash would be different, but I was wrong.. I didnt like mine at all. It was slow, and handled like ass. So I went with a mamba brushless setup and it ran like a typical traxxas. Super fast but handled like crap. It does have a cool scale look to it, and is tough as nails but thats about all the credit Ill give it.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:50 AM   #32
MDB
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
Caster Racing has one in the works, it will be 4wd and available in electric and nitro.

www.casterracingusa.com

I looked all over their site and I can't find anything that talks about a CORR truck.
MDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:56 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'd like to see a bash friendly version of that thundertech.. It just looks weak and i don't recall thundertech part's being available at every single hobby shop like the big brands.

A solid rear and super plush front suspension is what would make a real winner, IMO that's the downside of the slash (not enough travel).

FJC 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Also, i think these should be new designs. Not just a old design or 1/8th scale buggy is disguise.
FJC 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:30 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

A real CORR replica should have suspension like this:

Otherwise you've got an R/C car with a CORR body on it.

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:34 AM   #36
Tech Adept

very nice looking! but a real CORR replica would have a solid rear axle, unless it is a buggy class. i like the look of the 2 shocks, been thinking about that with the slash, have a seperate damper from the coil over.
way2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:48 AM   #37
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

The thundertech from my understanding was built on the premise of being as close to corr trucks as possible. This has pluses and minuses, with the minus being to get it work exactly right in 2wd without flipping over easily etc (scale speeds remember compared to what we really do, especially jumps too) has taken them time, and in that time, traxxas came out with there slash.

I think we will see more corr trucks, but along the lines of what the SC8 did. Put the truck chassis on with buggy arms, and a corr body (plus other stuff of course) and you got a Corr style truck. Looks good too. ands its 4wd. No new stuff really to make compared to say the slash.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:48 AM   #38
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDB View Post
I looked all over their site and I can't find anything that talks about a CORR truck.
I think it's more of a hint than an anouncment never the less it's ambiguous at best. For all we know they could just be devoliping a 1/10 buggy and truck.

Caster Racing USA is the official US representative of Caster Racing. Caster Racing was established in 2004 as an international R/C manufacturer. Currently, Caster Racing makes 1/8 scale remote control buggies and truggies, but we are expanding into the tenth scale off road world as you are reading this.
RC nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:06 AM   #39
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
A real CORR replica should have suspension like this:

Otherwise you've got an R/C car with a CORR body on it.
That's a realy cool looking B5 but thoes things are just to exspensive but I see where your going.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:23 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Here's a link to a youtube vid. I couldn't get the embeding to work for some reason. The Vid they have on their web site I couldn't open as I run a Mac and it's a WMV. Can someone post so I can see it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4SyI...ext=1&index=41
Old 01-14-2009, 08:23 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, I wish Traxxas wasn't so set in their ways with "RTR" only philosophy. I don't like the radio, esc, and servo inside the Slash RTR... I do however, like "RTR" bodies because the paint job on are always FAR superior to what I can do.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post
Yeah, I wish Traxxas wasn't so set in their ways with "RTR" only philosophy. I don't like the radio, esc, and servo inside the Slash RTR... I do however, like "RTR" bodies because the paint job on are always FAR superior to what I can do.
Yep.. Having so many RTR radio's around sucks. They should realize this these days when so many people have radios with 10-30 model capabilities.

Well on the bright side, you can do some cool stuff around the house with those RTR radios and these:

http://www.dimensionengineering.com/PicoSwitch.htm

http://www.dimensionengineering.com/BattleSwitch.htm

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #43
MDB
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC 88 View Post
I'd like to see a bash friendly version of that thundertech.. It just looks weak and i don't recall thundertech part's being available at every single hobby shop like the big brands.

ThunderTech uses RPM and something else parts for their suspension and other things so it won't be hard to get replacement parts if your LHS stocks RPM parts.
MDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #44
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDB View Post
ThunderTech uses RPM and something else parts for their suspension and other things so it won't be hard to get replacement parts if your LHS stocks RPM parts.
It looked like they used quite a few parts from other manufacturers. I think I saw AE shocks and I couldn't tell what trans maybe Axlal with the slipper?
Old 01-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #45
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=trdsupra88;5290594]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC nut View Post
I found this truck and it looks the most scale out of all the trucks that are out their... I would be real interested in how it handels. @ $389.00 and a pre order I doubt it will really take off like the Slash but it sure looks way better than the competition.
QUOTE]

The most scale IMO is the Tamiya TA-02 Ford based truck...small 1/10 4wd...Ill post pics of mine later...
Do they even make that truck anymore? I'm not a big fan of Tam their stuff alwas struck me as kind of toyish.