Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Cactus Classic 2009!!! >

Cactus Classic 2009!!!

Cactus Classic 2009!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Champion

Interesting that NASCAR is brought up regarding trophies. On the other thread leading up to the event NASCAR experience was mentioned by one of the organizers as one of the reasons that LiveRC had to pay to cover the event.

Guess that means our little hobby has reached the Big Time!
Do we now start our races with 'boogity boogity boogity'?

P.S. Congrats to Dakotah for running with the big guns in Truck, awesome.

Last edited by Dave H; 03-18-2009 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Rookie

I overheard two guys saying the liverc guy was using his radio to glitch out the racers from outside the property so the race would fail. His intentions was against the race, not the racers, but they ultimately suffered. They said he was only doing it for about an hour that they know of before he left. Someone spotted his trailer down the street.

Dont shoot the messenger.. its just what I overheard.

Congrats Dakota!!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JunkyToyota06
I overheard two guys saying the liverc guy was using his radio to glitch out the racers from outside the property so the race would fail. His intentions was against the race, not the racers, but they ultimately suffered. They said he was only doing it for about an hour that they know of before he left. Someone spotted his trailer down the street.

Really.....
Old 03-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Congrats Dakota!!
WOW!! 2 posts from this guy and both are identical. Let's all report this post so hopefully they can find the IP of who is trying to cause trouble.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Hey, I can spam too........ LOL

Just talked with Scott Anfinson, you might remember, the manager of SRS for eons and left the stores employ in 2006. He and I were discussing the known glitching issues at the track and the causes. He feels as though the pound of titanium nitrate ore he buried there after the States event in 2005 with a lock of Gabe Boudreau's hair to mask the infrared signature of the frequency generator might be the problem.

Not sure, but that could explain it much more likely than Brandon's van was parked down the street after he was 'nicely' asked to leave the premises.

Just saying..........
Old 03-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Hey, I can spam too........ LOL

Just talked with Scott Anfinson, you might remember, the manager of SRS for eons and left the stores employ in 2006. He and I were discussing the known glitching issues at the track and the causes. He feels as though the pound of titanium nitrate ore he buried there after the States event in 2005 with a lock of Gabe Boudreau's hair to mask the infrared signature of the frequency generator might be the problem.

Not sure, but that could explain it much more likely than Brandon's van was parked down the street after he was 'nicely' asked to leave the premises.

Just saying..........
LOL +1
Old 03-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

It is impressive that you have 2 total posts on RCTECH, so nobody will believe anything you say unless you identify yourself. Brandon went to Competition Hobbies in Tuscon for the week, so your story is crap.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Congrats Dakota!!

I'd like to personally thank you for taking this thread to a new low. Also congratulate you on making everyone who reads your post dummer (see what i did there? Its spelt with out the "b" just thought i'd clear that up).

This is a complete misconception of how the 2.4 band even works. If it were even possible to do such a thing, it would be way worse than messing up a few people in one small spot of the track. Wow, i don't even know why i bothered to respond to this.

You didn't over hear anything. Chemical dependency can do weird things to people, i know, but i promise one day the voices will stop. Just hang in there as long as you can.

Last edited by Joaf; 03-18-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joaf
You didn't over hear anything. Chemical dependency can do weird things to people, i know, but i promise one day the voices will stop. Just hang in there as long as you can.

LOL!!! Now THAT is funny stuff!!
Old 03-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Pics from the race?
Old 03-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Gettin a trophy or something for winning your race over 9 other guys that were on your level for the event seems like a decent thing to have.

I won the C Main at a Reedy Race way back in the late 80s and got a really nice, engraved plexiglass one of a kind trophy and I was absolutely stoked!
Still got it too. Now where did I put that?

Good times man, good times.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I overheard two guys saying the liverc guy was outside the property so i decided to take the time to show my deep dark secret of being madly in love with him. Hes got some serious manlyness that i need to get my hands on. Someone spotted his trailer down the street so i ran down there and it was just some sweaty landscape crew.

Dont shoot the messenger.. its just how i feel.

Congrats Dakota!!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

How'd he do dat?!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Rather ironic comment. Admit I don’t know what happened, but seems from afar that is exactly what happened to messenger Brandon.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow, that was actually quite amusing reading that. Seeing as though I was practicing at a totally dialed track (Competition Hobbies) which is 96 miles away in Tucson from Wednesday morning through late Sunday night, I must have one hell of a radio signal huh? And to be able to mess up everyone with my 2.4ghz system... wow. I should resell this stuff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.