R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2004, 02:03 PM   #61
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,550
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

Ultimately is the BJ4x4 lives up to its billing, and I have little doubt that it won't, it will be a plus to 4wd racing in the US.

My main worry is that when the default class for 4wd buggy seems to be MOD at tracks that can easily support other classes than just mod, it turns alot of people off to 4wd racing. Hopefully that will change and I believe a 19 turn spec class may be the way to go.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:55 AM   #62
Tech Elite
 
STEALTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Manila & California
Posts: 3,019
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Thumbs up BJ4 At Losi Race in Minnreg, FL

Here is a SWEET Pic of Jason Rouna's BJ4 currently in action this weekend at the 3rd Annual Losi Championship Race in Minnreg Florida!




STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:12 AM   #63
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,550
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

Nice pick.

Anyone got the offical pricing for the BJ4x4?
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 08:32 PM   #64
Tech Elite
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,584
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason Ruona
If we need an undertray we will make one. We are going to try the chassis rails first.

We are close to being able to get more specific on the dates. I would say around the 15th or close to that we should be able to have a pretty good guess.

As far as showing some instructions or box photos I think we'll just keep those a surprise for now......
__________________
Jake's Performance Hobbies http://www.jphracing.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/757500284356171 Facebook Group for Pro 10
Taz_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:31 AM   #65
Tech Elite
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,584
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taz_S
Wow 121 now.
now it all the way up to 649 pre orders
__________________
Jake's Performance Hobbies http://www.jphracing.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/757500284356171 Facebook Group for Pro 10
Taz_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 04:43 PM   #66
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,550
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

true, still no official price. Looks like it will be about $500.

If I do any 4wd, I may have to consider a cheaper vehicle. The academy SB Sport looks pretty good and is getting good reviews over seas.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:57 AM   #67
Tech Master
 
JoshR 85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Franklin
Posts: 1,345
Default

HeY!!!

Man thats a lil pricey for me i really still want to get a 4x4 and wanted to try that that out, but i think i might have to just get the losi xxx-4 g-plus...
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 08:51 PM   #68
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: N.W. Ohio
Posts: 2,258
Default

They've posted on rc10b4 an official price of $500, and are offereing a 10% discount to everyone who's on their list. This as of this AM, I think.

Then, they said they won't have enough kits to ship to everyone on the list, so they're going to let more people on the list and give them all the 10% discount. Seems to me like the real price is $450...

That sounds like a lot, but they say it'll have all the hop-ups. Still, a XXX-4G+ is about $100 less, and it has all the Ti stuph.
__________________
Engineering Without Fear
www.xfactoryrc.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
YoungChazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:33 PM   #69
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by YoungChazz
Seems to me like the real price is $450...

That sounds like a lot, but they say it'll have all the hop-ups. Still, a XXX-4G+ is about $100 less, and it has all the Ti stuph.
The kit will come with everything a serious racer will want. That includes graphite chassis components (chassis, top plate, and towers), titanium turnbuckles, threaded shock bodies, unobtanium shafts, ball bearing steering, front one-way, and aluminum suspension mounts.

If you take a XXX-4G+ ($330), add a front one-way ($60), and a set of aluminum suspension mounts ($22.95 ea. front and rear inner plus $14.50 ea. front and rear main) the price jumps to $464.90.
BradR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 07:12 AM   #70
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,550
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

True, only thing however is you should subtract the cost of the original diff since I don't think the Bj4x4 comes with a front diff and the one way, not sure how much that would be in cost difference.

If the BJ4x4 is going to cost $450, thats not that bad if you are a hardcore 4wd racer. For those guys $500 wasn't bad either. For the average joe with an interest in 4wd offroad, that probably will be too much. Who knows however, they may come out with a cheaper BJ4x4.

By the way, how necessary is a front one-way for 4wd racing? Any particular surfaces you don't need the one way?
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 07:54 AM   #71
Tech Elite
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,584
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
True, only thing however is you should subtract the cost of the original diff since I don't think the Bj4x4 comes with a front diff and the one way, not sure how much that would be in cost difference.

If the BJ4x4 is going to cost $450, thats not that bad if you are a hardcore 4wd racer. For those guys $500 wasn't bad either. For the average joe with an interest in 4wd offroad, that probably will be too much. Who knows however, they may come out with a cheaper BJ4x4.

By the way, how necessary is a front one-way for 4wd racing? Any particular surfaces you don't need the one way?
In the XXX-4 if very necessary where in the Shaft cars you can have a center oneway to use.
__________________
Jake's Performance Hobbies http://www.jphracing.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/757500284356171 Facebook Group for Pro 10
Taz_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:40 AM   #72
Tech Master
 
JoshR 85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Franklin
Posts: 1,345
Default

HeY!!!

But with the oneway one you have to be a little more smoother on throttle, because most people i know where i race just like standard diff so they can just rip it....
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:39 PM   #73
Tech Elite
 
dr_hfuhuhurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,503
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by YoungChazz
They've posted on rc10b4 an official price of $500, and are offereing a 10% discount to everyone who's on their list. This as of this AM, I think.

Then, they said they won't have enough kits to ship to everyone on the list, so they're going to let more people on the list and give them all the 10% discount. Seems to me like the real price is $450...

That sounds like a lot, but they say it'll have all the hop-ups. Still, a XXX-4G+ is about $100 less, and it has all the Ti stuph.
Hey YoungChazz, aren't you marketing a 4wd conversion of your own? Based on the XX4 platform correct?
__________________
"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. Which side are you on?"

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:40 PM   #74
Tech Elite
 
edseb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Laguna Niguel, California
Posts: 2,421
Default

Taz:
A front one-way would be really hard to control in the dirt. A lot of guys run a one-way On road to gain a really slight edge coming out of turns, etc. But, they have to give up braking in to a turn cause with the one-way you only get rear brakes; doing that in the dirt would be extra hard. On Road guys either brake a lot less or stay with a diff, which seems to be making a strong comeback, but it depends on the track. I don't think it is very common, Off road.
__________________
RC Car Action Editor and Photographer
Carl Hyndman
edseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 06:33 PM   #75
Tech Elite
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,584
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by edseb
Taz:
A front one-way would be really hard to control in the dirt. A lot of guys run a one-way On road to gain a really slight edge coming out of turns, etc. But, they have to give up braking in to a turn cause with the one-way you only get rear brakes; doing that in the dirt would be extra hard. On Road guys either brake a lot less or stay with a diff, which seems to be making a strong comeback, but it depends on the track. I don't think it is very common, Off road.
I bet BradR can step in here and say why you need it. But any one that race 4wd knows that with a oneway it dose help the handle of an off road car. Most cars you can get a way with a center oneway. But with the XXX-4 the only place to put a one was is in the front.

Look at the set up below.
http://www.teamlosi.com/pictures/jpe...dge_worlds.jpg
http://www.teamlosi.com/pictures/jpe...ee_grass04.jpg
http://www.teamlosi.com/pictures/jpe...e_TLrace03.jpg
http://www.teamlosi.com/pictures/jpe...ar_03crcrc.jpg
http://www.teamlosi.com/pictures/jpe...03standard.jpg
http://www.teamlosi.com/pictures/jpe...XX4_THNats.jpg
http://www.teamlosi.com/pictures/jpe...XX4_JS_Std.jpg
http://www.teamlosi.com/pictures/jpe..._GH_Hotrod.jpg

The only Front diff was this one and it was only use for a loss bumpy track.
http://www.teamlosi.com/pictures/jpe...ubke_bumpy.jpg
__________________
Jake's Performance Hobbies http://www.jphracing.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/757500284356171 Facebook Group for Pro 10
Taz_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Take-Off and RP tires gone out of production??? Island Losi Electric On-Road 161 08-31-2009 12:05 PM
Production car racing davidbeau Colorado Racing 0 06-04-2008 01:32 AM
X - 6 Close To Production YoungChazz Electric Off-Road 2 05-22-2006 07:49 AM
X - 5 Conversion In Production YoungChazz Electric Off-Road 8 05-26-2004 02:08 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net