Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Anyone dealt with Atomic Hobbies & Games? >

Anyone dealt with Atomic Hobbies & Games?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone dealt with Atomic Hobbies & Games?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Anyone dealt with Atomic Hobbies & Games?

I apologize if this isn't the best place to post this, but none of the other forums seemed more appropriate?

Something strange is afoot with My Atomic Hobbies and Games. I purchased a DuraTrax car stand off these guys via eBay on 12/22/08 payed via PayPal instantly. I realize there have been two holidays in between my purchase date and today, but I still think I should have received the car stand by now.

So I send them an email on 1/2/09 during their reported business hours, asking if they've shipped my item. I get an automated response saying they'd respond to me during their normal business hours of M-F 9-5PM EST. I figure maybe they're closed the day after new years and then there's the weekend. No response as of today, so I go to their web site and find their number. I call the place during normal business hours and get a voice mail asking to leave a message. But, at the end of the message it says their voice mail is full and I can't even leave a message.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this place. It seems like they do a large amount of eBay business based on their feedback. Has anyone ever dealt with them before? Does anyone know what's going on with them. I'm kind of glad I only spent $15 with them, because I have a feeling I'm not going to see my car stand or money any time soon.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

They operate out of a small office complex in Fort Wayne In. The last time I actually stopped in and tried to buy some stuff, they didn't have anything I wanted in stock. I was told they had to have it sent from another warehouse. I ordered directly from Custom Works and had it in a few days.

I don't know what is up, but I would be concerned. The next time I am in Ft, I will drive by and see if the building is shut down.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default fyi

Not saying this is the case, but some small shops were closed until 1-5-09???? Slow economy and all??

Last edited by uncle everett; 01-06-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Open a dispute with paypal, that should motivate them to respond to you and if things don't work out you can make a claim to get you money back if necessary.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I've bought from them before and the shipping was slow.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I've bought from them with no problems in the past. Looking through their ebay feedback, it seems that the #1 cause of negative feedback for them is slow shipping. However, that's 56 negatives compared to over 4800 positives in one month alone.

I would still file a dispute to help them along, since they won't communicate with you.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have had very good experiences with Atomic. Once there was an order that got held up in shipping and went out of their way to rectify the situ. I recommend them highly. Cheers!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to give them the remainder of this week and then try to contact them again. If I don't get the order or in contact with them in some fashion, I'll file a PayPal dispute.

I'm somewhat comforted to hear others have experienced slow shipping with them. If I could at least speak with someone, I wouldn't mind so much. However, the fact that I can't reach them via email or phone on top of the slow shipping is beginning to pizz me off.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Don't buy anything from these clowns!

I bought a Dynamite .12 engine from them off of eBay. Over 3 weeks after I paid, nothing. I tried calling and emailing them without a response. I finally get a hold of them and they told me the product was back-ordered from the distributor.
They were trying to sell items they currently did not have in their possession. I opened a dispute claim with eBay and finally got my money back.
I left them negative feedback for trying to sell products they didn't have. They asked me to remove the feedback comments because I did get my money back - they were jerks about it too! When I told them I wouldn't because EVERYTHING was true, they left me negative feedback.
Nice!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

**UPDATE**

I sent Atomic hobbies another email yesterday containing a history of my purchase date, emails and phone attempts. I told them that If I don't at least hear from them by COB today, that I was going to leave them negative feedback on eBay and file a PayPal dispute.

Low and behold I get an email from them a few hours later with a USPS tracking/shipment confirmation number. When I went to plug it in to the USPS tracking web site, the site says they have no record of that confirmation number. So I email Atomic back asking if they either transposed numbers in that confirmation number, or if they just dropped it off at the post office today. I get another follow up email a few hours later and all it said was the USPS tracking number should register this evening.

So I just checked the USPS tracking number again, and guess what . . . they didn't ship the item until today!!! F@#King B.S. !! I think they lost track of my purchase all together and if not for my email they wouldn't have shipped it at all.

Search Results

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1480 0860 0809 7377 81

Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 5:50 PM on January 7, 2009 in FORT WAYNE, IN 46825 .
I bought the item on eBay on 12/23 and paid immediately via PayPal. Terrible communication, unacceptably slow shipping. DO NOT USE Atomic Hobbies & Games !!!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Well all in all atleast it appears you will get your goods.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sorry you got that experience from them. I think they are also one of the sellers on Amazon as well. I'm going to try to avoid them.

Another guy/online seller to avoid is Hobby Warehouse1 on Amazon.

They sometimes have good prices, but I would've rather paid the $1 to $2 difference to get it on time.

I do 99.9% of my online hobby shopping at Tower Hobbies. Most of the time, they have the same price or slightly better price then other hobby stores but they are fast, no B.S. and it usually takes no more then 1 day to process the order with emails every step of the way, invoicing completion, notification of shipment, and etc...

Another good online shopping place was Stormer Hobbies. They are decent too and are fast.

I think some of the smaller companies like Atomic carry little to no stock, I don't think anyone can match the size like Towers (they have two warehouses, one in IL and one in NV) but to sell something and have a 5 to 7 day processing is just unacceptable.

If they are overwhelmed with orders and are slow, it's really their responsibility to increase the labor force to accomodate, otherwise, they should face the consequence of a negative feedback.

It's a shame that negative feedback are allowable from the seller if the payment was made promptly. I think there should be some script made for the feedback where if the payment from the buyer wasn't received within 3 business days, then the seller should be allowed to post negative feedback.

If the buyer paid the amount fully before the three days, the seller should seriously not be allowed to talk smack IMO...
Old 01-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I've only ordered tires once from them and I received my items w/o a problem.

I think they lost track of your order due to the holiday season that's why they mailed it recently. Maybe they were really busy but that's no excuse for a business to leave a customer hanging.

I usually get a fast response from sellers if I open a PayPal dispute/claim. Looks like you'll get your item.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

had slowness issues with them as well. Ordered some glue and servo tape that i needed. ordered around Dec 17th through ebay. Figured it should be here by January 3rd. Well, didn't get anything in the mail. Found out nothing was shipped till after my message around the first.

When it did come in, part of my order was missing. I emailed them again saying that I wanted a refund on my part if they were not able to ship it the week. Looks like it shipped. Will see.

I did get a coupon from them for free shipping for orders of 10 dollars or more, but I am leary of ordering from them again.

i liked the prices on parts, but, they sure suck on delivery time.

Please note, they do say on there listing to all 30 days for items to arrive. I figured that was because of possible post office issues. didn't know it was because items are not in stock.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Has anyone ordered off their website or is all the issues on ebay? I want to purchase something off them which is listed on their site and ebay but was thinking off giving their site ago. The shopping cart on their site is through paypal - http://www.myatomic.com/catalog/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.