Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kits should come with spare's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default Kits should come with spare's.

As the title says, don't you think that Kits and RTR cars or buggies or whatever should come with spares, bits that are likely to break, even if they gave you 1 spare of say a-arms, a spare shock tower and little bits. It would cost them peanuts but it would make people just starting out in the hobby less likely to be overwhelmed with the price of buying spares as they learn and inevitably crash their first or second vehicle.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well if you cant afford it then its not the hobby for you because those are the cheapest parts your going to buy..
Old 01-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

That how they make money. Not there problem you broke your car.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just like when you buy a real car. You don't get spares, you pay to fix what you break. When people order their crap on-line they should just order spare arms and steering bits, it's inevitable you'll need them.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I think they should put a 6 pack of Coors in the kits so I have something to drink while I build it. Maybe iTunes Gift cards so I have music to listen to...but there are those who don't have an iPod, maybe they should include an iPod with the kits.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

dont crash
Old 01-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Limerick91
As the title says, don't you think that Kits and RTR cars or buggies or whatever should come with spares, bits that are likely to break, even if they gave you 1 spare of say a-arms, a spare shock tower and little bits. It would cost them peanuts but it would make people just starting out in the hobby less likely to be overwhelmed with the price of buying spares as they learn and inevitably crash their first or second vehicle.
I don't think that's a bad idea. Especially for kits aimed at beginners. You can't tell me when the chinese children are putting a kit together it doesn't cost more than a few cents to toss in a couple extra a-arms, hubs, spindles from the bin. It fosters the building and repair process for a newbie. I would think it would be a good marketing gimmick from the company's standpoint..."Our kit includes spare parts for wear, tear, and repair!"
Old 01-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foolio
I don't think that's a bad idea. Especially for kits aimed at beginners. You can't tell me when the chinese children are putting a kit together it doesn't cost more than a few cents to toss in a couple extra a-arms, hubs, spindles from the bin. It fosters the building and repair process for a newbie. I would think it would be a good marketing gimmick from the company's standpoint..."Our kit includes spare parts for wear, tear, and repair!"
Or even for hacks like us that just need spare's! lol J/k Chris!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

My HPI Savage XL DID come with some spares!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:56 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

if they did, whats the fun in that? hope ford can give me some brake pads, fuel pumps, and rear wheel bearings in case they fail again. oh wait they do haha. now if only they'd break down and give me 1 of those pine tree air fresheners...

R
Old 01-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Well, the only 1/2 decent response there was the 6 pack one!

Thumbs up for the pillocks who said don't crash Not everyone can be an expert from day 1.

I think it is a good idea. Of course, they are there to make money from the spares in aftermarket sales, but it would help those starting out. I know I had no idea that the towers and arms were fairly breakable in a reasonable crash. No LHS, so the car was on the shelf for a few weeks not long after I started
Old 01-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

First people don't want to build a kit so we get RTR's. Now people don't want to buy spares. What's next then?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
First people don't want to build a kit so we get RTR's. Now people don't want to buy spares. What's next then?
Next is the kits including skilled drivers to drive the cars for them, so they don't suck so bad on the track.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Geez guys. When a car comes with tuning parts its the greatest thing ever. Whats wrong with including a few spares on pieces that break. It can only help keep people in the hobby. I agree they make a good deal of the income off of parts but what could an extra shock tower hurt.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
You come race my car, but since it's my car I get the prizes and the glory.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.