Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #46
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to acyrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
I can see this. Just as soon as X company includes and extra tower or arm, there will be a thread on here about how X company knew the part was junk and thats why they included a spare. Then everyone would bitch about how they should have made it better to begin with.
Some people might say that.
acyrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #47
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ToddFalkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by acyrier View Post
Some people might say that.
Luckily, let's thank the heavens above many newbies DON'T read these threads.
www.muddslidemotorsports.com
BSR Tires
ToddFalkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

NO, Jube the b4 wing mounts SHOULD have been made better in the first place. I've had a B4 since the first week they were available and have broke maybe 5 pair in 6 years until the last month. Of course I'm not the only one though.

Go that way really fast... if something gets in your way... TURN!
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ToddFalkowski

Quote:
NO, Jube the b4 wing mounts SHOULD have been made better in the first place. I've had a B4 since the first week they were available and have broke maybe 5 pair in 6 years until the last month. Of course I'm not the only one though.
Agreed...
www.muddslidemotorsports.com
BSR Tires
ToddFalkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #50
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Sorry Adam I had too! You are right though, they should be a bit tougher, but then we would bust towers or something harder to change.

There HAS to be a weak link somewhere.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #51
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

one thing I think we all can agree on, extra screws. I don't care if your a pro driver, or a backyard basher, ALL screws eventually get sucked into the same black hole
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #52
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
one thing I think we all can agree on, extra screws. I don't care if your a pro driver, or a backyard basher, ALL screws eventually get sucked into the same black hole
amen brotha!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #53
Tech Adept

Lol guys i didn't say I couldn't afford spares, i can, and i haven't just started the hobby either, i was just saying for people that have just started out.

And people saying "Don't crash", beginners don't go "Oh im bored i think i'll have a go at going head-on into a wall at 40mph just for fun" Crashing is accidental...

And people saying "Why don't Ford just include new brake pads etc. Im not saying they should put a jet engine and some solid gold bars in with it, just the basics. New brake pads for a car costs a lot more than a spare shock tower in comparison, and it's not the all the money that will put people off, it's the fact that it will break quite a lot when learning, this can make people not bother with trying to fix whatever the break is or put the effort in to get a spare and change it, putting them off the hobby. As a beginner, how many times have you charged up your batteries, gone out with your vehicle, outside or far away or whatever, just to have to break on the first pack. Ruins the fun of it if your constantly thinking, if i hit something wrong i will have wasted a lot of time, isn't it better to think "**** sake, OH WAIT thanks to (Limerick91) i have a spare (Broken part) in my (carrying device) that came with the vehicle, now i can put that on and enjoy the rest of my life.

Dr Hufuhuhfuhfuhfufhufh - I agree with your idea "You may want to consider buying blah blah parts" Would save a lot of time and effort, nobody likes to take time out of their day to go and buy a replacement part, would be much easier being told at the start.

"That's how companies make money" - I can see where you're coming from but spending an extra couple of pounds or whatever it costs them to actually manufacture the parts (a lot less than we pay for them) could potentially make more people stay in the hobby, one person carries on in the hobby because of not having to replace broken parts one day into buying a new vehicle, buys another one of their vehicles for 200, that's 200 they wouldn't have had.
Limerick91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
Probably would add $5 to the price of a kit at most.
Would be nice if it was only an extra $5 tagged on, but I somehow think that it might be more then just $5 if it came with extra parts, but who knows? I don't do pricing on R/C car kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
And as far as having a driver come with the car, whatever
Sorry, forgot to include [/sarcasm]

Old 01-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #55
Tech Apprentice

A few years ago when I raced a Serpent 710 you could purchase a racer's spares kit. This was one part number/package and included front upper/lower arms, back upper/lower arms, front/rear uprights and a couple other parts if I remember right.

The package cost was less than buying all of the spares individually.

Good idea if you ask me.
Vanwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #56
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post

You can also add extra e clips, shock piston spacers and those tiny washers used to adjust roll centres to that list.
Losiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:37 AM   #57
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Duratrax now offers a one year "stress-tech" guarantee on the common parts; you break the part, send it in to them, and they send you a new one for free for one year no matter how many times you break the part. Sure you'll probably have to wait a few weeks for shipping back and forth, but who can argue with free, especially if you break all the front end parts in one disasterous crash!
Firehawk989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

It would be nice but they wouldnt do it...them come with a few option parts in some cases like toe links, servo horns, and screws...or Im not building them right...
Old 01-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to chewiefttc4 Send a message via Yahoo to chewiefttc4

My rc8 came with a bunch of spare nitro crap. ?! Lol
chewiefttc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Ok, let's say a newbie buys a RTR that comes with a bunch of spares, and breaks it, he still has to go to the LHS because he has no tools to fix it! Plus he might get frustrated trying to fix it because he didn't build it and doesn't know what to do.
While RTR's might be great for getting people into the hobby, it is not the best way to enter this hobby. RTR's diminish the greatest part of this hobby, 'accomplishment'. I remember how great I felt after completing my first build, to bad so many others will never share that.
Sorry for getting off topic.
patrick is offline   Reply With Quote