R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #16
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,220
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

OH, i see. in that case, get another truggy. but all of tekno conversions are good. i have seen all of them in action. I sometimes race with Dan at Tekno.
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #17
Tech Regular
 
thuren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
I do not use the manual brakes, but i would prefer manual brakes. i keep on doing front flips with my electric brakes.
Using the Castle Link, tune down your brakes to a nice gentle arc.

Works wonders.

I have a 1515/1y in my MBX6 and the thing would do a nose wheelie if I breathed on the brakes before tuning the delivery arc.
__________________
Mugen MBX6, NINJA
Mugen eMBX6, Tekno NEU 1515/1y, Mamba Max
Mod Slash
thuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #18
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,220
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuren View Post
Using the Castle Link, tune down your brakes to a nice gentle arc.

Works wonders.

I have a 1515/1y in my MBX6 and the thing would do a nose wheelie if I breathed on the brakes before tuning the delivery arc.
do u mean the brake percentage or the linear line brake?
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #19
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

so you can make like a 5point brake curve or something?
Speed_Freak_039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #20
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,220
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

yea u can with the Mamba's.
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
kufman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Elburn, IL
Posts: 3,428
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039 View Post
all the parts on the 8T are loose. all the holes were the hinge pins go. the axle carriers. there is no point in adjusting toe to an extent because the arms and everything wobbly. Just my opinion of the losi. So for the truggy people use the 1515, but whats the other number mean because some people use different models of it. Could u answer my batt questions above?
My friend's 8ight buggy is this way too, right out of the box.
kufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #22
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

and they get worse quick. The RC8T I felt on the counter was nice and tight.
Speed_Freak_039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #23
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,220
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039 View Post
all the parts on the 8T are loose. all the holes were the hinge pins go. the axle carriers. there is no point in adjusting toe to an extent because the arms and everything wobbly. Just my opinion of the losi. So for the truggy people use the 1515, but whats the other number mean because some people use different models of it. Could u answer my batt questions above?
1515 for truggies 1512 for buggies. the 1515 is a little longer and therefore more torque and power is my assumption.

in terms of battery, many people go 4s, 5s, and 6s. it's your preference. i am using 5s and i am liking it. no thermal issues and plenty fast!!! run time depends on setup and mah. the best thing to do is determine your setup mah/min. start off with one lipo pack, charge it full. run for 5 minutes like u r racing. top off your battery. divide how much mah you put back into the pack with the number of minutes ran. that will give u mah/min. with this, you can calculate how much run time per batter. for example, if you system is 200mah/min (like my buggy), then you can get 5 mins on a 1000mah batter, 10 minutes on a 2000mah, and 15 minutes on a 3000mah, and so on and so on. but note since this is a lipo, you must keep around 20 percent of mah in your battery. so, if u want to run a solid 15 minutes, you need 3000mah plus around 800 mah for safe keepings. so total of 3800mah pack will get u 15 minutes.
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #24
Tech Regular
 
thuren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039 View Post
so you can make like a 5point brake curve or something?
When you hook your ESC(I'm only familiar with Castle products) up to your computer, make the brake curve into an arc, instead of linear as it is stock. The arc will be more flat at the start, and the ramp up to 100% as you push farther on the trigger. It will make more sense when you start playing with that section of the programming..


edit: do it with the throttle too..
__________________
Mugen MBX6, NINJA
Mugen eMBX6, Tekno NEU 1515/1y, Mamba Max
Mod Slash
thuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #25
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,220
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

how much arc do you have, a lot or a little? for example, on the x axis, where do you start to become linear again? let's say min x is 0 and max x is 100. is it back at linear at the 50 mark, 25 mark, 75 mark?
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:29 PM   #26
Tech Regular
 
thuren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
how much arc do you have, a lot or a little? for example, on the x axis, where do you start to become linear again? let's say min x is 0 and max x is 100. is it back at linear at the 50 mark, 25 mark, 75 mark?
That won't really matter as the % braking you use, pinion gear, motor size/KV, will all produce the end result. You just have to play with it.

Just make an arc that starts kinda flat, and that will give you some feel when you first touch the brakes.
__________________
Mugen MBX6, NINJA
Mugen eMBX6, Tekno NEU 1515/1y, Mamba Max
Mod Slash
thuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #27
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
1515 for truggies 1512 for buggies. the 1515 is a little longer and therefore more torque and power is my assumption.

in terms of battery, many people go 4s, 5s, and 6s. it's your preference. i am using 5s and i am liking it. no thermal issues and plenty fast!!! run time depends on setup and mah. the best thing to do is determine your setup mah/min. start off with one lipo pack, charge it full. run for 5 minutes like u r racing. top off your battery. divide how much mah you put back into the pack with the number of minutes ran. that will give u mah/min. with this, you can calculate how much run time per batter. for example, if you system is 200mah/min (like my buggy), then you can get 5 mins on a 1000mah batter, 10 minutes on a 2000mah, and 15 minutes on a 3000mah, and so on and so on. but note since this is a lipo, you must keep around 20 percent of mah in your battery. so, if u want to run a solid 15 minutes, you need 3000mah plus around 800 mah for safe keepings. so total of 3800mah pack will get u 15 minutes.
Thankx, I was trying to say in my previous post the other numbers as in the 2.5D or 1Y? How do you know which one of those to get? I understand the battery theory now. Just depends on how much body height for the height of the battery and how much wieght you want on your car I guess. Seems like you guys are recommending like 6000mah.
Speed_Freak_039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #28
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Maybe it'd be easier for me to just get the Mamba combo 2200. I would probably rather the Neo though. Who you guys using for cheap good packs? I used to use FP and TP in my heli, I know they are expensive.
Speed_Freak_039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #29
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,220
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

zippy lipo packs from hobbycity.com

im not too familiar with the CC motors. for racing, u can't go wrong with Neu motors. most people use those. as far as the number and the letter, it doesn't really matter. what matters the most is the RPM per volt. only pay attention to that and the model (1512 or 1515). if u want to go with a 5s truggy setup, many folks use what I am running. plenty good for racing!!! 6000mah should get u 15 to 20 min runtime. i have a 6K pack coming in. i'll let u know my runtime...
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #30
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

ok, I'm thinking of buying a RC8T RTR and selling everything but the front and rear end so my tekno chassis can be installed and hopefully not cost me very much. I did this with the 8T but obviously used it for nitro and sold all the rtr radio gear,motor and such and made off with a cheap roller.
Speed_Freak_039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekno Conversions Thread teknorc Electric Off-Road 10250 01-30-2017 02:30 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:17 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net