R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb

OH, i see. in that case, get another truggy. but all of tekno conversions are good. i have seen all of them in action. I sometimes race with Dan at Tekno.
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
I do not use the manual brakes, but i would prefer manual brakes. i keep on doing front flips with my electric brakes.
Using the Castle Link, tune down your brakes to a nice gentle arc.

Works wonders.

I have a 1515/1y in my MBX6 and the thing would do a nose wheelie if I breathed on the brakes before tuning the delivery arc.
thuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuren View Post
Using the Castle Link, tune down your brakes to a nice gentle arc.

Works wonders.

I have a 1515/1y in my MBX6 and the thing would do a nose wheelie if I breathed on the brakes before tuning the delivery arc.
do u mean the brake percentage or the linear line brake?
Old 01-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

so you can make like a 5point brake curve or something?
Speed_Freak_039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #20
Tech Champion

yea u can with the Mamba's.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039 View Post
all the parts on the 8T are loose. all the holes were the hinge pins go. the axle carriers. there is no point in adjusting toe to an extent because the arms and everything wobbly. Just my opinion of the losi. So for the truggy people use the 1515, but whats the other number mean because some people use different models of it. Could u answer my batt questions above?
My friend's 8ight buggy is this way too, right out of the box.
kufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #22
Tech Regular

and they get worse quick. The RC8T I felt on the counter was nice and tight.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Quote:
all the parts on the 8T are loose. all the holes were the hinge pins go. the axle carriers. there is no point in adjusting toe to an extent because the arms and everything wobbly. Just my opinion of the losi. So for the truggy people use the 1515, but whats the other number mean because some people use different models of it. Could u answer my batt questions above?
1515 for truggies 1512 for buggies. the 1515 is a little longer and therefore more torque and power is my assumption.

in terms of battery, many people go 4s, 5s, and 6s. it's your preference. i am using 5s and i am liking it. no thermal issues and plenty fast!!! run time depends on setup and mah. the best thing to do is determine your setup mah/min. start off with one lipo pack, charge it full. run for 5 minutes like u r racing. top off your battery. divide how much mah you put back into the pack with the number of minutes ran. that will give u mah/min. with this, you can calculate how much run time per batter. for example, if you system is 200mah/min (like my buggy), then you can get 5 mins on a 1000mah batter, 10 minutes on a 2000mah, and 15 minutes on a 3000mah, and so on and so on. but note since this is a lipo, you must keep around 20 percent of mah in your battery. so, if u want to run a solid 15 minutes, you need 3000mah plus around 800 mah for safe keepings. so total of 3800mah pack will get u 15 minutes.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:
so you can make like a 5point brake curve or something?
When you hook your ESC(I'm only familiar with Castle products) up to your computer, make the brake curve into an arc, instead of linear as it is stock. The arc will be more flat at the start, and the ramp up to 100% as you push farther on the trigger. It will make more sense when you start playing with that section of the programming..

edit: do it with the throttle too..
Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #25
Tech Champion

how much arc do you have, a lot or a little? for example, on the x axis, where do you start to become linear again? let's say min x is 0 and max x is 100. is it back at linear at the 50 mark, 25 mark, 75 mark?
Old 01-03-2009, 09:29 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
how much arc do you have, a lot or a little? for example, on the x axis, where do you start to become linear again? let's say min x is 0 and max x is 100. is it back at linear at the 50 mark, 25 mark, 75 mark?
That won't really matter as the % braking you use, pinion gear, motor size/KV, will all produce the end result. You just have to play with it.

Just make an arc that starts kinda flat, and that will give you some feel when you first touch the brakes.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
1515 for truggies 1512 for buggies. the 1515 is a little longer and therefore more torque and power is my assumption.

in terms of battery, many people go 4s, 5s, and 6s. it's your preference. i am using 5s and i am liking it. no thermal issues and plenty fast!!! run time depends on setup and mah. the best thing to do is determine your setup mah/min. start off with one lipo pack, charge it full. run for 5 minutes like u r racing. top off your battery. divide how much mah you put back into the pack with the number of minutes ran. that will give u mah/min. with this, you can calculate how much run time per batter. for example, if you system is 200mah/min (like my buggy), then you can get 5 mins on a 1000mah batter, 10 minutes on a 2000mah, and 15 minutes on a 3000mah, and so on and so on. but note since this is a lipo, you must keep around 20 percent of mah in your battery. so, if u want to run a solid 15 minutes, you need 3000mah plus around 800 mah for safe keepings. so total of 3800mah pack will get u 15 minutes.
Thankx, I was trying to say in my previous post the other numbers as in the 2.5D or 1Y? How do you know which one of those to get? I understand the battery theory now. Just depends on how much body height for the height of the battery and how much wieght you want on your car I guess. Seems like you guys are recommending like 6000mah.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #28
Tech Regular

Maybe it'd be easier for me to just get the Mamba combo 2200. I would probably rather the Neo though. Who you guys using for cheap good packs? I used to use FP and TP in my heli, I know they are expensive.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #29
Tech Champion

zippy lipo packs from hobbycity.com

im not too familiar with the CC motors. for racing, u can't go wrong with Neu motors. most people use those. as far as the number and the letter, it doesn't really matter. what matters the most is the RPM per volt. only pay attention to that and the model (1512 or 1515). if u want to go with a 5s truggy setup, many folks use what I am running. plenty good for racing!!! 6000mah should get u 15 to 20 min runtime. i have a 6K pack coming in. i'll let u know my runtime...
Old 01-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #30
Tech Regular

ok, I'm thinking of buying a RC8T RTR and selling everything but the front and rear end so my tekno chassis can be installed and hopefully not cost me very much. I did this with the 8T but obviously used it for nitro and sold all the rtr radio gear,motor and such and made off with a cheap roller.