R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-31-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default FullyMax Lipo Saddle Packs

I just found these, http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=16252 fullymax 5100mah 35c saddles and a 4200mah 35c saddle.
I was wondering if anyone has used them and also if you think that the C rating is truly 35?
Also i need a lipo saddle soon for my B44 so do you think i should get these or the SMC 4900 25C ones...? or should i just wait like 22 days for the reedy 5100mah 35C saddles?

Thanks, Curtis
C Reedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

Get the SMC or wait for the Reedy...
Old 12-31-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Trackpower or Checkpoint (Red Trackpowers) IMHO. The wires coming off the SMC/Reedy and those packs are all annoying. Bullet plugs are the new standard...more companies should follow that standard IMHO.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the replys,
yeah i saw the trakpowers and they look pretty nice but will the 4800 fit in my B44 without modifying it? and also will just 20C be fast enough?
C Reedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr View Post
Trackpower or Checkpoint (Red Trackpowers) IMHO. The wires coming off the SMC/Reedy and those packs are all annoying. Bullet plugs are the new standard...more companies should follow that standard IMHO.
Maybe wires are annoying but they provide less voltage drop then inboard connectors. When you need and want high performance cells it makes no sense to use a system that increases resistance. Due to the jumper wire we decided to use 10 gauge wire on our saddle packs to minimize resistance.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Reedy View Post
Thanks for the replys,
yeah i saw the trakpowers and they look pretty nice but will the 4800 fit in my B44 without modifying it? and also will just 20C be fast enough?
That means you can draw a continuous 96A... I can't imagine a 1/10th using that much power and still have tires and a drive train at the end of the run.
kufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:19 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

In no way am I trying to start an argument, but whether a battery is using the bullet connectors like the TrakPower, or has wires coming out such as the SMC batteries, there is still a connection point.

Also even if you have 10 gauge wire coming out of the battery, then connect to the speed controller, which is 14 gauge, the speed controller will be the limiting factor on the amount of current that can actually be flowed.

I have to agree with the DR on this one, that the bullet connectors is the wave of the future. The wires come out of the battery in the wrong place for the off road cars and are a pain to get in.

Adam McKee
amckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:25 PM   #8
Company Representative

I think your a bit biased based on the signature at the bottom of your posts.

The are extra solder points when using inboard connectors as they need to be attached/soldered via a circuit board.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:07 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would say that I am no more biased than you are. I was just making a point like you did.

This will be the last post that I make on this thread, as I have said what I wanted to say. And as my original post said, I am not trying to start an argument.

Adam
amckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:17 PM   #10
Company Representative

Our goal is to supply the racer with the highest possible quality Lipos. We studied and tested the inboard connectors and the way it has to be done adds resistance. To use the best possible cells only to add resistance by using a circuit board makes no sense to me but I do understand some prefer this and we can't please everyone.