R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-31-2008, 01:41 PM   #46
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdMod View Post
I cant wait until the out door season is here!! I will probably get one of the caster fusion buggies to run in our yearly points series.It just looks like too much damn fun!
That's what I'm going to get..the RTR looked like the cheapest way for me to get into the electric 1/8..i would go the conversion route but the ones Ive seen dont look to well thought out..The Tecno kit for the Losi looked to be pretty well thought out..I dont care much for the Novak conversion..
Old 12-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
I have "been their done that" longer than most here on this board....most of the tracks that I race at is ALL nitro..1/10th scale off road in my area is non existent..DOA..so when I was done with on road..Nitro off road was the only choice....and like I care about what the neighbors think..if its before 10 pm..tough..I'm running my Nitros up and down the street....they show me no mercy with their weed blowers at 6 am..and the guy who lives next door has his going at 8 pm....
Been doing that over there since 1984 so I am definitely not a newb.I had 11 nitro vehicles at 1 time.Loved to run them, there was just nowhere I could without it pissing someone off. I found that neighbors were accepting at first,until the "oh wow that thing hauls" wonder wore off.Then the calls to the police start. So , Electric it is!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:03 PM   #48
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdMod View Post
Been doing that over there since 1984 so I am definitely not a newb.I had 11 nitro vehicles at 1 time.Loved to run them, there was just nowhere I could without it pissing someone off. I found that neighbors were accepting at first,until the "oh wow that thing hauls" wonder wore off.Then the calls to the police start. So , Electric it is!
That's when I started racing..been racing ever since..I have 9 nitros right now..but I have more electric cars..I am going to get a Caster Fusion..this coming year
Old 12-31-2008, 10:49 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

i quit racing electric for a reason.. the reason was not to watch them invade the nitro class... i am fine with them having electric 1/8 scales but please leave them in there own class
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:47 AM   #50
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminnay View Post
i quit racing electric for a reason.. the reason was not to watch them invade the nitro class... i am fine with them having electric 1/8 scales but please leave them in there own class
I'd hate to see anyone quit racing (or anything) out of a position, but suspect the key is for both the electric and nitro racers to respect each others preferences and go out and have fun.

If it isn't fun, why bother.....

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

- and -

"Need More POWER" Tim Allen
HandyRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:16 AM   #51
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
The best looking factory electric 1/8 buggy is the Caster Fusion..It's set up for 2 packs and the balance is really good..very well thought out buggy..you guys should give it a look..the Losi looks primitive in comparison..
Personaly, I think the weight is too far back. I would also rather have one pack to keep it simple, faster battey changes, and to keep the weight down.
thuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #52
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuren View Post
Personaly, I think the weight is too far back. I would also rather have one pack to keep it simple, faster battey changes, and to keep the weight down.
The thing I like about the Castor product is they're helping bring the new class opportunity to more folks at a lower price point, of course the opposite being the Losi offering with the premium price point.

And of course, with the new Castle combo specifically designed for this platform, the options are nearly unlimited.

More than anything I think more options are better, for everyone. I feel the new class / platform / brushless electric racing will grow exponentially, and I suspect far more doors will be opened than closed.

I'm especially encouraged to see folks like Truhe speaking out in a positive light about the potential upside - and with more and more Pro Nitro drivers "coming out of the closet" and being willing to be seen / quoted about the new racing paradigm, it cant do anything but help.

The thing is now, unlike before, racers of all skill levels and budgets can begin to get into a brushless 1/8 buggy and race. And of course, at the club level is where the revolution is happening.....

- and -

Old 01-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't see electric 1/8th taking over nitro 1/8th. There will be two big classes at most tracks and the hard core racer will run both classes.

ARCS Hobbies / Paint Monster Airbrushing / BFast / Tonys Screws
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #54
Tech Regular

Speaking of brushless 8th scale off-road racing in the Great Lakes Region and what some folks are saying:

http://www.offroadrc.ca/showthread.php?t=29637

- and -

Old 01-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #55
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
I don't see electric 1/8th taking over nitro 1/8th. There will be two big classes at most tracks and the hard core racer will run both classes.
That might even be helpful for bringing new business into the local hobby shops, at least the ones that are savvy enough to get behind the opportunity.....

- and -

Old 01-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #56
Tech Regular

RC Driver had this to say back in the Spring of 2008:

http://rcdriver.com/blog/?p=26

- and -