newbie need help

Old 10-16-2003, 02:02 AM
Tech Addict

Default newbie need help

guys, what are the parts of current team losi offroad cars that can be used/fit in XX-CR?
Old 10-18-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

do you still run that and be competitive
Old 10-19-2003, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

what do you mean by that?
Old 10-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

yeah what DO you mean by that??
Old 10-20-2003, 01:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by losi4life
do you still run that and be competitive
by this
Old 10-20-2003, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hhhmmm... I have one of those. I remember it winning the World's back in the late 90's. Seems like he is insinuating the XX CR now sucks and isn't even worthy to be raced on the track (if your trying to win that is). Oh well, guess that's Tough! Use it for backyard bashing then.....

To answer your questions, lots of parts are interchangeable with the XXX. The best one to answer your question would be the local Losi guys at the QCRCCC track like Emer, Toti (RallyAddict), Jordan (Kornok), & Long (Sanib) just to name a few. I remember racing mine months ago for fun and managed to get 3rd with it!?!

Last edited by STEALTH; 10-20-2003 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know the rear arm and hubs where taken directly from the CR', but I am not sure about the front suspension....
Old 10-20-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by STEALTH
Hhhmmm... I have one of those. I remember it winning the World's back in the late 90's. Seems like he is insinuating the XX CR now sucks and isn't even worthy to be raced on the track (if your trying to win that is). Oh well, guess that's Tough! Use it for backyard bashing then.....

To answer your questions, lots of parts are interchangeable with the XXX. The best one to answer your question would be the local Losi guys at the QCRCCC track like Emer, Toti (RallyAddict), Jordan (Kornok), & Long (Sanib) just to name a few. I remember racing mine months ago for fun and managed to get 3rd with it!?!

you mean is i should be displaying the xx-cr and get a newer kit? what would you recommend? i'm planning to get a xxx-t, is this can win race?
Old 10-20-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
I know the rear arm and hubs where taken directly from the CR', but I am not sure about the front suspension....
thanks bro.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by ruftnik
you mean is i should be displaying the xx-cr and get a newer kit? what would you recommend? i'm planning to get a xxx-t, is this can win race?
ruftnik: of course a XXX-T can win a race! Didn't you hear about the recent spanking paulc and his T4 got from emer's XXX-T? (Biro lang Paul if you read this.) If you're on a budget and want to race off-road right away, a 2nd hand XX-CR is a reasonable and still race-worthy kit to run at Circle. I'm sure you don't have to worry about parts since emer has lots of Losi parts. Pero if you're not on a budget, go with either the World champion B4 or the XXX-KE2. In the end, it's really all about set-ups and of course, knowing the right tires to use in a specific condition. My secret-- dry condition-- Losi X-2000, medium wet-- Proline M3 Bowties, Super wet-- Losi Step pins) Hope I helped!
Old 10-20-2003, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

toti: salamas. my xxx-t din kasi si emer kaya nag-iisip ako kung ano ang kukunin ko. next week pa kasi sya babalike eh.