Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Evader ST on road setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 05:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Evader ST on road setup

New to this sport so need some help. I have an electric Evader ST That I want to learn to set up for on road racing. I have lowered the ride height and added on road tires. What next. Shock placement and oil weight confuse me. The truck pushes in the corners and I read that I need to Increase the rebound of rear shocks and decrease the bump of the front shocks. What does this mean and how do I do this. Any other suggestions welcome. Thanks
Old 09-27-2003, 12:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think that increacing rebound means lighter shock oil but i am not sure what decreasing bump means.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Initiate

here is a list of some ways to convert your evader (i have a nitro evader st myself):

1. get new oils for your shocks (50-80 wt. is better for on road, vs 20-50 wt. is better for off road)

2. replace your pinion gear (the gear that connects to the motor and to the main (spur gear)) with a one with more teeth, thus increasing your top speed. EX: 15 t. to 18 t.

3. get a battery with more mah. such as 3000 to increase your speed if that is what you want.

4. shock placement: getting new shocks might be a good idea, but using the stock ones that came with the evader may or may not work. if you are onroad racing for better handling stiffer shocks would be better, but with using the stock shocks, move the either more to the wheel for more resistance or vise versa (like a lever effect). also with the "rapid-tune" shocks you should be able to stiffen them up, however expierementing with the shocks according to road conditions is my best advice

5. if you prefer get a more aerodynamic body, which not only has better looks but less air resistance and possibly better speeds/handling.

6. get a motor that suits your on-road needs. my sugestion is a motor with fewer turns and more winds. below will explain more of what i mean:

What does motor turns and winds mean?
Turns: Turns refers to the number of times the wire is wound around each armature arm. The fewer the turns the higher the RPM or top end speed.So you want more speed choose a motor with fewest number of turns. Keep in mind that fewer turns requires greater battery draw. Winds: Winds refers to the number odf Strands of wire wound around the armature. The fewer number of winds the faster the accelration, higher number of winds the higher top end speed you will have.

playing around with these just may make your evader an onroad speed demon. just by changing a couple of things im sure you can add on at leas 20mph to the evader. good luck.