R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-27-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default E-Revo - Novak or Mamba?

I am converting my E-Revo to brushless, and I am not sure which would be the better choice. Before Traxxas came out with the brushless version I was going to go with the Novak HV system. Now that Castle Creations has a package for the E-Revo I am not sure which one to get. For once the Novak system seems to be the less expensive of the two. Price it not a huge issue, performance and realiability are the more important factors. Also run time is important, so I wouldn't get getting the Hottest version of either. The two systems I am considering are the Novak HV Pro system with the 6.5T and the Mamba Monster with the 2200KV motor. So what are your opinions?
Old 12-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
Tech Addict

I would go for the MM with neu motor. 6s will give insane power if you can mount the battery somewhere.

Only think i like is Novak HV ESC battery wire are pre-connected to take 2x2s and its sensored. Better pricing. Abit difficult to programme.

I only run the Novak HV. So thats all i can say but the new hobbywing ezrun 1/8 150A and Losi Xcelorin 1/8 160A looks very nice as well. But price for Losi is abit steep.
skyblueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:04 AM   #3
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

I have had both and i perfer the mamba monster max
trackerracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

if you what to make 30 min mains go novak if you just want power go mmm & nue
xxxtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default novak hv or mamba brushless

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxtruck View Post
if you what to make 30 min mains go novak if you just want power go mmm & nue

the mamba monster /neu combo will go longer than a 30 minute main if you have some good batteries. my teammate has the mamba monster esc with a neu motor using a pair of maxx amps 2s 8000 lipos and he got 43 minutes runtime on the track.

prior to using the mamba/neu setup he had the novak hv with 5.5 turn motor and it thermalled pretty much all the time once he ran it past 10 minutes straight . alot of guys running the novak hv have found this to be a problem. you will get through your quals without any issues because they are only 5 minutes in length. but once he raced in a main it would thermal after about 12 minutes of hard racing. he even sent the esc and motor back to novak and they sent him a new system and it still thermalled.

i have the mamba monster esc and a neu motor in my e-revo and the temps have never been an issue. the novak was a different story.
HOTBODIES D8T, VE8 AND CYCLONE D4 WCE
www.hotbodiesonline.com
thrash metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #6
Tech Adept

That's what I have herd about the Novak system, that it thermals easier in heavier cars. The Novak systems that you guys have, do you you have the motor heat sink in stalled? I guess it's more made for 1/8 buggies, and not trucks. I know the Revo is not 1/8th, but I am sure it heavier then 1/8th buggies. Looks like I will be looking for a Mamba system. Thanks guys.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

novaks seem to get hot and cut out if long mains.mamba in mine does great
diesel16 is offline   Reply With Quote