R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-20-2003, 11:55 PM   #61
Tech Addict

WHO CARES?????

buy and run what you want,none of us could keep up with those guys anyways....

and despite my name i prefer the b4..................

arguing about toy cars over the internet?

blah!
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:18 AM   #62
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

lol....you don't get it losi jon.....

it's all good between Tex and I.....we're here to entertain..
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:36 AM   #63
Tech Addict

Buff-no I do understand it but some people,if not most don't and take it WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to seriously,i thought we were supposed to have fun doing this!?...LOL..

'run what you brung and drive it like ya stole it'
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:08 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

You say you run 17x1's and others are running 19 turns.What mod cans do you guys use?
Goodluck at the races.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:51 AM   #65
Tech Master

Yelling and fighting doesn't seem fun to me.

Wish I could have seen the worlds. And I wish Orion had videos of the mains like they did in 2002 so we could see everything for ourselves. Oh well.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:59 AM   #66
Tech Adept

Im2lazy....nah, we weren't yelling....and we weren't fighting...both which are impossible through a keyboard....

We were just using our opinions to "smack talk" for fun....it's good practice to get people psyched out at the track...

Tex and I have chatted, and it's all good. He's a cool guy, we just have some differences of opinion on which car is better.....just so glad there's two cars again to choose from. Seriously, both the Losi and Ae cars are awesome. It's too bad that even more companies aren't seriously involved in electric offroad racing, kind of like what Traxxas and the TX-1 and their truck used to be. The more the merrier....

Old 10-21-2003, 11:00 AM   #67
Tech Adept

You also have to admit, we sure kept everybody reading too didn't we??! LOL
Old 10-21-2003, 11:43 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Shut up Buff you dont know.lol.Guys we thought we would spice it up a lil due to some others coming on here doing the same thing NOT ON purpose but not having the knowledge Buff,me and others share.No hard feelings from you guys I hope being there isnt any between us.
Now then.lol
Yea traxxas is close to me and their old offroad stuff wasnt bad at the time it was out.Their last buggy called the TCP and their last truck the SRT can still compete on certain tracks but thats before the blue groove days.
I would like to see schumacher get more of a US PUSH with a truck and buggy but I know it's a hard buisness.
Kyosho tried but didnt seem like they tried very hard.I think they could have been something with more of their OWN design.But man I love those shocks.
Guys whatever chassis you pick to run they should do you just fine.It's like buying a radio when someone ask me for advice.I tell them to goto the store and see which one is more comfortable for them and to purchase that one.
Goodluck to all the racers and to the bashers-HAVE FUN.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:57 PM   #69
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Well the way I look at is the USA won the worlds,We rule at off road!!
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:16 PM   #70
Tech Regular

Yeah Tex, you and buff really had me interested in this thread LOL. Usually I hate the bickering on the forums, but there was actually some good info being exchanged in your "heated debate" or whatever it was. It was nice for a change to see people debating that actually knew what they where talking about, instead of the usual, even if it was getting slightly out of hand.Glad you guys were able to put it into perspective and work it out.

Anyway Tex, you were at the worlds right, I ask because I'm interested if you saw anything new from schui? I have a cat 3000 which I really enjoy and I know they are coming out with a new cat. I was told by schui that it wouldn't be until early next year and they have just started with the project. I also heard, but am not sure if it is true, that they will be coming out with a new 2wd. Did you see any sign of either of these cars from schui? I would love to see some new off roaders from them, even if they never win the top races, they are good cars. I guess they just don't have the drivers or emphasis on off raod like AE or losi.
midnight oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:29 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Well midnight Kyle Skidmore from Associated was suppose to Run the car for them (4wd) if it was ready by the worlds but it wasnt.
I talk to Adrian and Paul alot and they are mainly focusing on the Mi2(New Sedan) of putting finishing touches on it and getting it ready for U.S. Shipment and release.Then the new 4wd will be finished up(Most efficient belt drive out in offroad) and YES there is a rumor of a new 2wd.If I see anything on it I will email you direct.
Yea buff is a good guy and is very fast in mod.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:44 PM   #72
Tech Regular

Yeah, thanks Tex, I always talk to Adrian and Paul, they are really good guys and have been a big help getting my fireblades and cat set up. I was just asking paul a little about the new cat, but forgot to ask about a new 2wd. Would you know if the new cat would have a similar layout like the mission with all the batteries on one side? I heard that it will be using a similar drive train design as the mission which will be an improvement for sure. It would be nice if they could incorporate some of the b4's design if they make another 2wd.I especially liked how much easier my b4 was to work on compared to the Fireblade, hopefully schui can improve on that and a few other weaknesses the fireblade has.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:49 PM   #73
Tech Elite

I just hope they go to a TUB.lol.Whats funny is they had this Sacs Front end a while back and it WORKED on american tracks.But I love their shocks when setup right.
But they need a different ratio tranny and being the car will be naturally wider now it should be a better drive.
On your Cat3000 are you WD40ing the belts?This helps alot.
The new car is Mission based I hear Yes.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:01 PM   #74
Tech Regular

No, I never did the whole wd40 thing, I use the speedflex belts and run the tensioner pretty tight, plus I have both f/r power roller, so belt skipping was very little. I think I read somewhere guys soaking their belts in wd40 and than saying they got too loose much faster, so I never bothered. On both my cat and fireblades I always use the wide hexes to improve handling. also on the blade I had the front axle losi conversion which widened the front and allowed me to use the wide rib tires, that didn't quite fit properly on schui's front narrower rims. I really like the fireblade and found it super fast, but just needed a little more work to get it to perform on US tracks. As for the cat I love that thing, I guess I just like 4wd allot more than 2wd's, I was thinking of trying the new yoke or xxx-4 to see how they compare to the cat, any opinions or experience with any of these cars?

Damm sorry guys, I guess I'm way off topic.

ahh...good job AE, love the b4, though never tried a xxx
Old 10-22-2003, 08:13 AM   #75
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by TexRacer
You say you run 17x1's and others are running 19 turns.What mod cans do you guys use?
Goodluck at the races.
I personally use a D4 can with P-94 brushes for my 17x1. Others use a Reedy Ti can or even the stock Chameleon 2 Pro Can for their 19x1's. Good luck at the races too! You know, RC racing is worthwhile as long as you have fun no matter what brand or kit you drive!
RallyAddict is offline   Reply With Quote