R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-20-2003, 03:27 PM   #46
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tex......

Once again, you've got your facts mixed up. For starters, I never stated that you didn't give credit to Easton and his B4 for winning....I never disputed that, so I'm not sure where you're going with that, being why you keep mentioning it.

Secondly..... you DO need some sleep.

Thirdly... for your info, it wasn't just one guy that designed the B4. It's a TEAM effort in designing AE's race cars....being Cliff Lett, Curtis Husting, Kurt Winger, Tony Phalen and others I haven't mentioned, but as far as who they worked for before....I have no idea and don't know what your point would be even if I did....although you might be thinking they must have worked at Losi before they started at AE...don't think so.

Fourthly...You have every right to your opinion of the B4 and Losi car. However, it all changes when you try to convince and force people to think they're wrong, and you're right and that's it. So the Losi car suits your style better.....cool. No Problem. Doesn't mean you go around bashing everybody else because they don't run a Losi car like you, and run the B4 instead even though you hate it.

Fifthly.....You state in your latest post this...
"Plus Buff I never said something TOWARDS you but in general and you just took them that way.I never said BUFF did this or did that on alot of things.So who's taking things too serious or personal?I would say it's you my man.Sorry."

Hmmm....let's see....yet here, you say this...

"The rest of it was a JOKE and Im sorry your such a MORON you didnt see that."

and...."But to say My post was rediculous just shows the stupidity of some people."--referring to me.

Does anybody else see some contradiction here?? I believe so.

Then you ALSO said......"because due to the knowledge you think you know on the XXX NOT being designed for Smooth bluegroove tracks(This is funny)"......

I responded to Astro earlier in a conversation saying this.....
"Astro.....actually Losi DID design the XXX for the purpose of running on blue groove high grip tracks. Which is why the B3 struggled to keep up for quite a while as the B3 was a bit "on the edge" on these high bite situations. The XXX stayed lower, flatter, and more stable due to it's purposely designed background.".....
This was the VERY first paragraphs of a recent post of mine, so how do you say that I had said that the XXX wasn't designed for blue groove tracks???

Dude, you really need to do some more research about what it is you're saying, and who's posts you're reading as well. Don't just twist everything around to your liking so you have something to argue about, because you're just embarassing yourself from your contradictions....which makes your posts that much less believable and justified.

Last edited by Buff; 10-20-2003 at 03:35 PM.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 03:29 PM   #47
Tech Adept

jwf.....that's what I've been trying to say....
Old 10-20-2003, 04:56 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

K I dont like this but like I said be a MAN and email me if you have anything else to say.Im done here with you and your one sided post.

This meant you WHY?
...."But to say My post was rediculous just shows the stupidity of some people."--referring to me.
I wasnt and nor did I say I was referring to you.Do you feel that Guilty or something?

I said it was a joke that guys with not much experience say the B4 is best due to 1 guy winning a event.

Plus this Me hating the B4?Did I say I hated the car in everything or every track?No I dont think I did so please stop lying about what was said to make yourself look better.If your going to quote me quote me right at least and stop with the lie's.

There is one guys name in that bunch that designed the MAJORITY of that car and he wasnt always running a Associated car and thats a FACT.He got alot of his idea's somewhere did he NOT?Thank you for that one.

P.S.Im not trying to convience anyone but like other things in this industry (Trinity is famous for them) that not everything you read is true and there are such things as opinions.
I will email you the rest.
Les
Old 10-20-2003, 06:10 PM   #49
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to ruftnik

for short TAE have better driver than TL just for this year only

congrats!!! to TAE.
i'll be waiting for billy easton edition of B4.
ruftnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:26 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Yea that would be cool but I dont see AE following Losi there.They seem to do good with the Factory Team Idea.They always come out a lil after a year of most model years.When sales start to trickle.
I really wish Travis would have Made the A.That kid is crazy fast when driving on most tracks and did well there at the Losi Race(Worlds Warmup).Billy's car was strapped.
Ruff I emailed you and would rather finish anything else there.
Like I said Congrads to Billy on the WIN.
2003 World Champ for 2wd.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to ruftnik

Quote:
Originally posted by TexRacer
[Ruff I emailed you and would rather finish anything else there.
2003 World Champ for 2wd. [/B]

did you emailed me or Buff?
haven't received your email.
ruftnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 08:44 PM   #52
Tech Elite

No I emailed Buff.
If you guys run B4's check out David Joor's site if you havent already.
www.rc10b4.com very cool site if you havent been already.
Les
Old 10-20-2003, 09:03 PM   #53
Tech Addict

Wow, what a great, heated, and lively discussion here! But the fact still remains that Billy Easton driving a Team Associated B4 won the 2003 Worlds. (Congrats!) I'm a Losi fan at heart and have been following the Worlds event this past week believing that Losi would come through with a win with their XXX-BK2. But Billy was just so fast driving his B4, winning the last 3 qualifying rounds to TQ, and finally winning the first 2 rounds of the Mains to clinch the world title. Man, according to Team-Orion.com, Billy even sat out (DNS) the 3rd round of the Mains! That explains why Kinwald won the 3rd round (Sheesh! ) Seeing the race results of Billy got me thinking that there must be really something about the B4 that makes it an inch better than a XXX. It really hurts for a Losi fan to accept this fact, but it shouldn't hurt to accept defeat with honor. A win is a win, a loss is a loss-- no excuses! Congrats to Team AE! So Gil Losi Jr., how about that R&D for the new XXXX? In two years time, I'm sure Team Losi will be more than ready for their revenge.

P. S. At our local track here in the Philippines, Losi cars still rule! AE guys still have a lot of work cut out for them to knock us off! Hello STEALTH!!!
RallyAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 09:10 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Hi Rally addict.When someone wins the 1st 2 heats it's custom to sit out the last one.This is done on a regular basis.
Billy did win with that car but this is the point I was tyring to make.Billy won while DRIVING the b4 but it doesnt mean the losi is any worse or any better.
It will depend on track and the driver to which car is better.Billy just did some killer driving to take the win.
What are the tracks like there in the Philippines?
Old 10-20-2003, 09:34 PM   #55
Tech Apprentice

Of course BK would have EASILY won if he was driving a B4 instead of that tired, old XXX . . . . LoL

Seriously, Congrats to the AE drivers (and the TL drivers) for having the skills, dedication, and time invested to make it to that level.

It is nice (for a change) for us lowely club racers who drive our AE off-road toys each weekend, and used to be out numbered by (and not to mention the jokes we endured) from the losi drivers to be finally able to hold our heads high!!!!

Sometime it would be fun to watch all the top drivers compete on an even playing field by driving handout duratraxx RTR's instead of those paid factory rides
BarryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 09:42 PM   #56
Tech Addict

TexRacer: We have garden soil as our track surface here at my local track. It's really bumpy and rough as hell with lots of pebbles and stuff. (But thanks to STEALTH, my co-club member, and his maintenance work, it's been smoother nowadays with fewer bumps). The best and most experienced racer at our club is a die-hard Losi fan, and it will be very difficult for any local AE racer to defeat him. The B4 population is just starting to grow here at our club, and they are just beginning to find their right set-ups. It's worth noting also that some of the average racers at our club had more success when they switched to B4's. It's really more of the set-up, I think. Maybe the box-setup of the B4 worked better at our track than the XXX's or the KE's. Nevertheless, I'm just getting the hang of my XXX-KE, and finally found the right set-up that works for me. It's funny how I asked my friend who drives a B4 to let me drive it for a while. I liked his set-up and incorporated some of it to my XXX. Hey it worked! Now i'll be spanking me some AE butts! It's great to have this rivalry and I think it is really healthy for the hobby. It makes racing much more interesting.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:46 PM   #57
Tech Adept

Tex....I called you on everything, and the only comeback you have is that I just lied now? Is that it? There's no lying here....it's all in my posts and yours as well. I just told the truth and I know it hurts, but pain is only temporary.

Just keep doin whatever you can to make sure EVERYBODY KNOWS that it was only Billy that won....the B4 just happen to be what he won with....you have to admit, the B4 WAS the better car that day, and Billy proved it....stop denying it man! Suck it up and take a fall now and then! ......you're sending mixed signals by saying it was basically only Billy that won the World Champs, with a B4 in the background instead of the foreground WITH Billy. Listen to what people here are telling you man...such as what RallyMan said....

....."Seeing the race results of Billy got me thinking that there must be really something about the B4 that makes it an inch better than a XXX. It really hurts for a Losi fan to accept this fact, but it shouldn't hurt to accept defeat with honor. A win is a win, a loss is a loss-- no excuses! "

This is exactly what many people will tell themselves after each big race such as this.....Now, tell me that it doesn't make a difference which car wins even though they (B4/XXXBK2) may be closely matched, that this race will undoubtedly boost AE's sales.
Of course it does....you know what the saying is...."What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday."
Old 10-20-2003, 09:46 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Yea Im very glad that the b4 came out.It resparked offroad BIGTIME.This one sided stuff at most tracks was getting old.
Just keep playing with it and it will work great.
Do you race Mod or stock?
Old 10-20-2003, 09:58 PM   #59
Tech Addict

Buff: Ouch! But still... Congrats! A well deserved win for Team AE! Yup more guys at our track are thinking of buying B4's. I'll stick to my XXX-KE though!

Texracer: I race mod-- a 17x1! Yes that's mod for us! Some of the faster guys even use 19x1's or 19x2's. Buggies at our technical track have more success running these motors than the lower turn ones. The stadium trucks seem to have more success when equipped with lower turn motors.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:37 PM   #60
Tech Adept

RallyAddict.....nah, it's all good. Tex and I are just havin fun. I know sometimes it's hard to tell, but we both apparently get a kick out of entertaining an "audience"....

If this wasn't fun, I wouldn't be doin it. I'm just glad that the battle is back on between AE and Losi!!