R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-19-2003, 08:31 PM   #16
Tech Adept

It is truly unfortunate that Losi was cheated out of this win.

I am sure that AE drivers are happy about winning way they did but I suppose that is typical.
Tony Soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 08:46 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Buff

Anywayz.....congrats to Billy Easton for kicking major butt, and congrats TO THE ASSOCIATED B4 FOR GETTING BILLY THAT WIN.
With all due respect, how about congrats to to BILLY for getting the Associated B4 the win.

Taking nothing away from the accomplishments of AE and the B4 in the last 9 or so months, the car does not make the driver - quite the opposite in fact.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:56 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Buff obviously you CANT READ at all.I didnt say anything about JUST brian getting tangled or anything did I?I looked back and didnt see anything.I just think it's funny that ONE HELL OF A DRIVER named Billy that EARNED his win makes guys think one car is better than the other.THATS ALL.The rest of it was a JOKE and Im sorry your such a MORON you didnt see that.Tell ya what.Go back and read each post and MAYBE just MAYBE you will see that.Do I know how to set up cars?lol.Yes.You may wanna check my finishes at Big Races and Been Sponsored FULLY by both.I like the B4 in stock on a SMOOTH track.I just love how people WITHOUT knowledge of both chassis nor owning both make comments out their BUTTS when they have no clue.Thats all and thats the JOKE of this Post or a LOSI post.Plain and Simple.
Billy drove his arse off and the B4 prevailed.But would a new guy that cant drive an agresssive car over a smoother car do better?Thats the scary part of our industry.But to say My post was rediculous just shows the stupidity of some people.It was a JOKE.
Gezz take a pill or something.lol.
AE and LOSI rules.happy?
Old 10-19-2003, 09:06 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tex....you can't wiggle your way out of that one.....you weren't joking nor did you emply anywhere that you weren't serious.

Somebody needs to get the corncob out....quickly. Geez, talk about your defensive...

I know it may hurt, but pain's only temporary, and I'm sure Losi will win a race sooner or later too....

What's the deal with taking this so personal anywayz? If somebody's gotta start resorting to name calling, it's not worth your time.

We all give up....you're right, Kinwald actually would've, could've, should've won....technically he did (if it hadn't of been for that bright red B4 in front of him)
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 09:22 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Buff are you NEW to the industry and the BOARDS cause I have experience In Both and it doesnt seem like you DO.I in NO way defended losi or Brian I was stating a fact of it being FUNNY how guys think one DRIVER justifies a car is all.That is the JOKE part of it and people that KNOW ME on this board know that I joke alot so Im not backing out of ANYTHING.I respect Billy and have for a LONG TIME and LOVE what Tufferwilde had to say and I in NO WAY am wiggling out of anything.I stated FACT of what happen to some Losi's driver's in 2wd and NO ONE got flagged for it.That in itself is sad when it happens in 2 out of 3 races.
But I love AE and have for a LONG TIME but I just LOVE these car wars over 1 driver doing well.Same with LOSI.Did you see what I JUST WROTE.SAME WITH LOSI incase your slow.
So was it a JOKE what I wrote?Yes it was as well as people thinking this car is any better than a Losi due to a skiller driver taking it there.
P.S.Losi's handle rough tracks alot better than AE's no matter the setup.Can a AE car handle it?Of course it can but which one is better in the average driver's hands?Losi.
Thats a FACT.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:49 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Dude, you need to grow up... I've never seen somebody make so many excuses and get so upset over who won a race of r/c cars. You were serious about what you said, so you can't change what you were emplying now that you already reacted the way you did. Both cars are fast, and it's a matter of choice and preference, but it doesn't hurt the fact that people can come on these forums to post who they think is best....but there's a difference between praising/posting an opinion about your own brand as opposed to try and FORCE everybody into believing that they're stupid, and you know what's best for everybody, and if they disagree, they're so called "morons".....so high school.

By the way, yeah, I do have enough experience to know the differences technically between the B4 and xxx/xxxbk2. I've driven xxx's and know what they're about, and what they're capable of. I run a B4, so nuff said. But dude, if you gotta take this hobby so personal, you're in the hobby for the wrong reasons.....geez. Might wanna dismount that horse every now and then....

Anywayz, let's get over ourselves and quit wasting space and time, and get back to what the thread was about.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:11 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by TexRacer
Dont mean to Break Any AE hearts and Im a HUGE fan.But you might wanna thank Jason Ruona for that win.Ask about what happened in 2 mains when Jason ran OVER brian.I love that Billy Won I just wish it would have been some cleaner racing.
TexRacer - Here is where you mentioned and implied that thanks to Jason Ruona (driving a B4) caused the win for "running over Brian". I might not have been there but I had friends who were and they gave me lots of blow by blow accounts almost in real time (SMS). Question is, were you there? If you were, are you sure it's the A-main that you were watching? Everyone so far has posted that the race was clean and if there were pile-ups (accidents), then that's just part of racing. If your good enough, you overcome them. If your out front and avoid them, you probably deserved it by EARNING the TQ! For someone who apparently has had good" Finishes at Big Races" and even claims to have been "Sponsored FULLY by both" it surprises me you can't figure out how to get your B4 working right on a rough track or even feel comfortable with it in Mod?!?! Maybe it's yor driving style or your a Losi fan at heart and try to find faults in the B4 where there really are none. from what you post, sounds like you got lots of experience but maybe you need more..... especially with a 2WD buggy that is just 8 or so months old yet winning A Lot!

As far as your arguement about the 6-10 ratio of Losi to B4 in the A-Main, did you bother to check and go further down the list? It's an even 10-10 for the top 20 (A-Main and B-Main). After all the qualifying, Losi has the edge in the A-Main 6-4 but AE has 3 of the top 5 including the TQ. Travis Amezcua, who's best qualifying time got a DQ (disqualification) due to being in a rush and missing tech inspection, still managed to finish in a tie with good friend and teammate Lloyd Dassonville for 10th in the A-Main. Lloyd got the edge (or tie-breaker) on points (which he rightfully earned). Travis showed True HEART by going against impossible odds to almost make and barely miss the A-Main even after that!!! (and I mean BARELY)! Truly Remarkable! Travis then finished things off by winning the B-Main with his B4.

By the way, just thought you should know that a lot of those who were at the race also mentioned that the XXX far outnumbered the B4 (again, like in most big races) and yet the AE drivers and their B4s managed to pull even on the top 20 (10-10) in time qualifying, they earned the TQ, and won 3 of the top 5 spots at the end. I agree that a car does not make a driver, but in a lot of ways the car can make the driver when racing at a competetive level. Your racing exerience should tell you that. Is it a coincidence that Losi came out with the XXXBK2 just in time for the World's? If the XXX-Kinwald was at least the B4's equal (and with Losi having an amazing line-up or stable of drivers), why then would they go through the trouble of producing the XXXBK2?!? Is it just a coincidence that the B4 has won practically every Big International Race it's been in even though it's been far out numbered by Losi buggies at all of them? That's a pretty Big Coincidence then to be the Australian Champion, The Japanese Champion, the British Champion, The U.S. National Champion, and now the World Champion isn't it? Doesn't that trend tell you something? So before posting to anyone about how they might be wrong because they were not actually there for themselves, you might want to start to learn to READ more yourself before posting. Here are the top 20 in Qualifying for the World's:

Overall Using 3 Best of 5 Rounds of Qualifying:

1 Billy Easton B4
2 Brian Kinwald XXX
3 Mark Pavidis B4
4 Jukka Steenari XXX
5 Jason Ruona B4
6 Matt Francis XXX
7 Joe Pillars XXX
8 Jimmy Babcock XXX
9 Rick Hohwart XXX
10 Llyod Dassonville B4
11 Travis Amezcua B4
12 Ryan Cavalieri XXX
13 Rob Schaffer XXX
14 Peter Pinisch B4
15 Billy Fischer B4
16 Paul Bradby B4
17 Allen Horne B4
18 Craig Drescher B4
19 Jon Ringer XXX
20 Mike Truhe XXX
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:26 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Well said Stealth....

Also, nice post with all the pix....great work. Kinda cool to see some pics of what's going on, not only here in the States, but around the world.

I can't be any more proud of my Team! No more getting hassled when I go to the tracks anymore!
Old 10-19-2003, 10:49 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Buff - Many Thanks!

I just think it's way more constructive to point out actual facts which in a way are now also part of RC history. Knowing some background only helps those who might want to make any decisions. Furthermore it fills current owners of the B4 with a true sense of pride that they made the right choice! Opinion's are one thing and vary from driver to driver and racer to racer. In the end, it's the results that count and it's only fair for everyone to know them and keep them in mind.

Congrats Once Again To Billy Easton For Earning the TQ and Winning The World Chmpioship Together With AE's Amazing RC10 STEALTH B4!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 10:52 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

By the way, just thought you should know that a lot of those who were at the race also mentioned that the XXX far outnumbered the B4 (again, like in most big races) and yet the AE drivers and their B4s managed to pull even on the top 20 (10-10) in time qualifying, they earned the TQ, and won 3 of the top 5 spots at the end. I agree that a car does not make a driver, but in a lot of ways the car can make the driver when racing at a competetive level. Your racing exerience should tell you that. Is it a coincidence that Losi came out with the XXXBK2 just in time for the World's? If the XXX-Kinwald was at least the B4's equal (and with Losi having an amazing line-up or stable of drivers), why then would they go through the trouble of producing the XXXBK2?!? Is it just a coincidence that the B4 has won practically every Big International Race it's been in even though it's been far out numbered by Losi buggies at all of them? That's a pretty Big Coincidence then to be the Australian Champion, The Japanese Champion, the British Champion, The U.S. National Champion, and now the World Champion isn't it? Doesn't that trend tell you something?

Actually, what this doesn't really say too much for the B4 or it's drivers. It does however say the following:

Since "off-road" tracks are essentially becoming the brown-colored equivalent of road racing (with jumps), AE became smart and created a low-profile, short-shocked, wide-stanced vehicle akin to a dirt oval vehicle for racing.

It really is Losi's fault that either they can't accept the blue-groove track-type, or they are unwilling to give into the abomination of off-road racing.
It could be a course for Losi since these dried out smooth tracks cater to the B4. Evne with sweet drivers like Kinwald, they couldn't pull it off.
What they should have done is purpose built a vehicle like AE has done in the past (just for the worlds i.e., old stealth), and made their own B4, then went back and sold the stock XXX.

I give the props to AE for making a better car for the lame blue-groove tracks, but I chastise Losi for wasting their drivers on a true off-road car, when major $$$ is on the line for 2 years worth of bragging rights.

-Astro
astroloft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 11:07 PM   #26
Tech Regular

isnt it natural if ae puts out the b4 then losi makes the xxxbk2? but anyways congrats to all the winners at the worlds.
xxxtracer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 11:36 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

If you notice their is no room for excuses on the final prinout sheets.

Astro,

A worlds win is a win no matter how upset you are that Losi did not get it. Billy is an exceptional driver along with all the others their. I was not at the race but from what I have been told by friends that were their is that Billy was dominant and their really was not a question who was on top.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 12:04 AM   #28
Tech Adept

Astro.....actually Losi DID design the XXX for the purpose of running on blue groove high grip tracks. Which is why the B3 struggled to keep up for quite a while as the B3 was a bit "on the edge" on these high bite situations. The XXX stayed lower, flatter, and more stable due to it's purposely designed background.

AE finally saw this as an opportunity to additionally upgrade their line of cars to be more suited to these high grips tracks as well with the release of the B4. Some of it's designs were argueably said to be similar to it's competitors' but when it came down to it, the B4 was actually very unique, original, and ingenius as a result of R&D from AE's racing crew. Some ideas were designed into the B4 as there are certain things that are a given which would disguisingly look like a "copy" when it's actually just an incorporated "given" if you will, for today's technology in order to stay with the times of advancing the complexities of these highly tuneable race cars. AE even went beyond that with plenty of new ideas themselves, that even leaves not only Team Losi but the rest of us with a sense of.."wow, that's a pretty cool idea".

Did AE succeed with such a unique design and advanced ideas so that they all worked together to create a fast race car for today's types of tracks?? Well, not only has this been proved from all the recent wins at many national events, domestic or not, but all topped off with the most prestigious award a driver and his car can earn.

On that kind of level, the driver sure makes the car, but they still have to rely on the advancement and technology of their equipment to keep them on top and ahead of the next guy.

Wow, I feel like I'm preaching here....
Old 10-20-2003, 02:06 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Astroloft - your point with big races being run on smooth blue groove type tracks is true. Clay seems to be the choice for the top clubs. The buggies are literally flying around the track as compared to even 6/7 or so years ago. That companies (all companies) are realizing this and designing their products to better suit these type of conditions is also probably to some extent true. This though is a trend that has been happening for while now and really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. If the market and industry is heading that way then companies that want to survive adapt and are flexible enough to use their R&D dollars to improve their products to work best in these types of conditions. If that is what the public demands, then that is what the public will get. Even the top drivers seem to support this! Those companies that don't have the foresight to change just struggle to survive (unless you are a behemoth of a company like Tamiya with a whole spectrum of revenue streams that generate cash resources). In the end, competition between them all only improves the quality of their products for all of us - the consumers, hobbyists, and RC Enthusiasts!

One thing I do want to point out and stress is that all of the major International Championships that the B4 has won this year has taken place in varying (even extreme) track conditions and far from just Blue Groove tracks. It has won in Smooth outdoor Blue Grove (Tiltyard, VA), at times damp but smooth outdoor(Minnreg, FL), as well as Indoor (Yatabe Arena, Japan). It won on a mix of sandy dirt/grass/soil (England), and even in hot/dry conditions where the track had lots of ruts and bumps compounded by a severe heat wave (Austria, Euro Championships). What was the one common factor and final result in all of these with different drivers, different tracks, different track conditions? It was the Stealth B4 winning all of them! With the difference of the driver's abilities in all these races being rather minimal (meaning they all could win on any given day), the slight edge they have becomes their ride and how well they set-up. Luck plays a role too but great drivers who find a way to win make their own luck by TQing, etc. I don't expect losi to take these recent losses sitting down which is probably why they had to upgrade their XXX/XXXKinwald to the XXXBK2. They did better with it at the World's where they avoided being swept for the top 3 spots which is what happened at the Australian, Japanese, and U.S. National Championships. Again, it's no mere coincidence that all of these AE drivers just suddenly got better all at the same time and started a lucky roll of championship titles for AE. The B4 without a doubt played a major difference in all of their success and it really would be futile to argue otherwise. Just pointing out the facts.....

Last edited by STEALTH; 10-20-2003 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:35 AM   #30
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to ruftnik

its just pure luck!!!
ruftnik is offline   Reply With Quote