Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anotherrcguy
Horrible Day at the Track
My trusty RX8 let me down and I can't figure it out?
I have ran my rx8 with 0 problems for 2 or 3 months now. Last Sunday I practiced for 5 hours with 0 issues. I go to the track today and during warm ups no issues. I go to my first qualifier and turn on my car and LED's 1,2,6,7 are lit up?

Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't, I put it on my hotwire and everything looks good, I have re-calibrated, changed sensor wires, all connections look good, battery at 16.8 volts?????

HELP
Wierd because that indicates the wrong motor type. Check your solder connections, you may have a broken one which means that the ESC isn't seeing a BL motor and thinks it's a brushed motor.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I have ran my rx8 with 0 problems for 2 or 3 months now. Last Sunday I practiced for 5 hours with 0 issues. I go to the track today and during warm ups no issues. I go to my first qualifier and turn on my car and LED's 1,2,6,7 are lit up?

Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't, I put it on my hotwire and everything looks good, I have re-calibrated, changed sensor wires, all connections look good, battery at 16.8 volts?????

HELP
do a factory reset and see if it clears up
Old 12-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
Wierd because that indicates the wrong motor type. Check your solder connections, you may have a broken one which means that the ESC isn't seeing a BL motor and thinks it's a brushed motor.
correct, but when i hook it up to the hot wire it does not show that?
Old 12-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
do a factory reset and see if it clears up
done that with no luck
Old 12-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

I had your not recocnized problem first time I used the hotwire.

To make a long story short I learned to unplug & plugin the connectors very firmly.Felt like they were in but if pushed very firmly & wiggled it went in further. Has seated its self now & that dont happen anymore.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

correct, but when i hook it up to the hot wire it does not show that?
No, it will show what you set it for. You have it set for MT 1 but if the solder connection on ANY of the motor wires is broken the ESC will THINK it is a brushed motor regardless of what it is set at. Therefore, the 1,2.6,7 flashing LED saying you have the wrong motor connected to what you set.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
have you tried uninstalling and re installing the software?
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Make sure that you're using software AT LEAST as high is what's shown in the speedo.

198 is available here: www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html
I unistalled the software and then downloaded it directly from the website. Seems O.k. now. At least I can view what the esc is set at. But I can't see what version of software that it has. The little tab at the lower right hand corner does not light up when I put my pionter on it. Not sure why. I will play around with it some more tomorrow. I will say that this setup (2250) in my truggy is nice! Very smooth, I am very impressed with my first experience with this system. I hope that the demons stay away...........
Old 12-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Servo tape.

HELP

double check the motor connection's....when i has 1,2,6 and 7 it could be cured by pressing on the solder tabs 1 way or the other....1 would make it work the other would call for wrong motor selection.....basically it sucks but the ESC needs to go in for warranty.....Ty and Randy will take care of you.....give them a call in the morning and get the process started.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
sounds like a bad transponder. Don't use it until you get it fixed.

The original Spektrum recievers also had a "brown out" issue with multiple things plugged into them. They were given free updates back in the days.
Good call on the transponder. The wires were frayed right at the base. some minor surgery and i am back in business i think. Make me think this was the problem i was having with my 3pk! Wasnt there someone who did transponder repair on rctech at one point? This seems safe but it is not as clean as i would like.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i am buying a rx8 very soon with a 1900kv tekin motor and a 4 cell lipo. i hope i am not making a mistake. i am reading all these problems and its getting me scared
someone tell me what is going on????

thanks
peter
Old 12-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 68peter
i am buying a rx8 very soon with a 1900kv tekin motor and a 4 cell lipo. i hope i am not making a mistake. i am reading all these problems and its getting me scared

thanks
peter

Wht r yr doubts? U've read the thread? There are people who have faced problems on their systems and also those who have enjoyed theirs with no issues at all. In any case, Tekin has not shy-ed away from their responsibilites. I have 2 x Tekin RX8 & 2 x RS Pro and I'm not even a Team Driver. I've been following Tekin for a yr now and so far, they've not disappointed me.
Every 1/8 system now has issues of their own so it's really a buy & hope for the best thingy. I'm getting the new Xerun 150a as a standby ESC though.
Final words. Give Tekin a shot. U can come back here if u're having any issues. Everyone in here will try to help u out. I'm sure Randy too will give u his support.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 68peter

thanks
peter
Just remember out of the thousands of systems that have been sold you are only hearing about the ones that had/have problems. There are a lot of people that have not had any problems with there ESC or Motor. I have not had any issues with mine. I will purchasing another setup for a buggy in the very near future.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joe..Cool
Just remember out of the thousands of systems that have been sold you are only hearing about the ones that had/have problems. There are a lot of people that have not had any problems with there ESC or Motor. I have not had any issues with mine. I will purchasing another setup for a buggy in the very near future.
Often the problem is user error but Tekin is super about taking care of problems regardless of whose fault it is. I was updating one of my RS speedos when the cable internet either went out or glitched causing the program to terminate before completion rendering the ESC to be a paperweight. Tekin said to send it in and they warrantied it and sent me a new one.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Often the problem is user error but Tekin is super about taking care of problems regardless of whose fault it is. I was updating one of my RS speedos when the cable internet either went out or glitched causing the program to terminate before completion rendering the ESC to be a paperweight. Tekin said to send it in and they warrantied it and sent me a new one.
I agree, from what I have heard and seen written here Tekin has top notch customer service. All the more reason why I will be purchase my next ESC with their name on it.

Great Product + Great Customer Service = Customers for Life
Old 12-28-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joe..Cool
I agree, from what I have heard and seen written here Tekin has top notch customer service. All the more reason why I will be purchase my next ESC with their name on it.

Great Product + Great Customer Service = Customers for Life
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.