Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread >

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm looking forward to picking up one myself

FYI .... You guys should update the specs on the website to include the dimensions and weight in millimeters and grams too. Even though I live in the US I prefer the metric system...LOL
Old 12-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Can't wait to see motor options and price on this unit. I had my lhs order me a MMM on Saturday, but told him to hold off today until we find out more about this system. I won't be running it for a while any way.

Hope it comes out soon.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
Can't wait to see motor options and price on this unit. I had my lhs order me a MMM on Saturday, but told him to hold off today until we find out more about this system. I won't be running it for a while any way.

Hope it comes out soon.
What car are you going to run, Andrew?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Gary NJ View Post
What car are you going to run, Andrew?
I'm converting an Eight to electric. I can't wait. I've been wanting to try 8th scale for a while, but nitro always puts me off. This seems to be the answer.

How have you been Gary? I haven't seen you at LIR in while.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

I'm doing fine. Should be out to LIR soon - outdoors finally ended, and I usually don't run much anywhere between Thanksgiving and New Years. I do read the LIR trash talk thread regularly, and it's hard to miss Jason on TT no matter which thread you read Glad to see you trying E8 - see ya soon I hope!
Old 12-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I am all for the solder tabs. I want to make the install as neat as possible with no extra wire.
I have been waiting a long time to see this finally reach production. Great work guys. Hurry up so we can see the specs on the motors that are in the works.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Team Tekin

Motors are 40mm dia in 2 lengths of 65mm and 76mm. They will be identified as the the 4030 buggy and the 4038 truggy. We intend to offer kvís from 1600 to 2200 initially for 4s and 5s. Pending the market demands we will also offer some lower kvís for 6s. The motors are sensored and will run as well as any in sensorless also. We think the dual mode operation of the Rx8 is the best answer overall. Sensored for instant start and stop control, sensorless for efficiency and accurate timing control while running.

I was smiling ear to ear while we wore out our buggies and truggies testing before the snow covered our track. FYI we were also testing some very nice 4s and 5s batteries to go with this system. Coming soonÖ..

Tekin Prez
Old 12-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin View Post
Motors are 40mm dia in 2 lengths of 65mm and 76mm. They will be identified as the the 4030 buggy and the 4038 truggy. We intend to offer kvís from 1600 to 2200 initially for 4s and 5s. Pending the market demands we will also offer some lower kvís for 6s. The motors are sensored and will run as well as any in sensorless also. We think the dual mode operation of the Rx8 is the best answer overall. Sensored for instant start and stop control, sensorless for efficiency and accurate timing control while running.

I was smiling ear to ear while we wore out our buggies and truggies testing before the snow covered our track. FYI we were also testing some very nice 4s and 5s batteries to go with this system. Coming soonÖ..

Tekin Prez
Sweet... I am definitely going to pre-order as soon as stores start taking orders.

If you are still considering bullets for the ESC... I vote for bullets.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Tekin Prez
Thanks for posting the motor dimensions, Jim. My 7075 plate came today, and I'm ready to start whittling up a chassis. The dimensions really helped. Can't wait to see the ESC and motors!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tekin Prez
Jim,

Will the motors be 4 pole? I think the 1600Kv will do fine with 6S.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Team Tekin

Yes the motors are a 4 pole design.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes the motors are a 4 pole design.
Very nice Jim. I love all my sensored Aveox motors and it's nice to see someone actually doing 4 pole sensored again.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Team Tekin

We honestly prefer to run the motors in sensorless as much of the time as possible. The sensors just make the instant stops and starts that aggressive drivers use cornering and in the air a little easier to handle and consistent. Also tames the beast for those who actually use the throttle and roll the corners.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

We honestly prefer to run the motors in sensorless as much of the time as possible. The sensors just make the instant stops and starts that aggressive drivers use cornering and in the air a little easier to handle and consistent. Also tames the beast for those who actually use the throttle and roll the corners.
As it is now in 1/8th nitro, I think in time the development in 1/8th E will shift from raw power to drivability and efficiency. In the end, when racing offroad, its all about traction and balance, not power - the basher market is something completely different. I think racers, especially 1/10th electric racers, will leverage the ability to have sensored starting and go much faster with it. The guys coming into nitro now from an electric offroad background are doing very well right now, especially when running the 'new generation' nitro 1/8ths that are more nimble and "1/10th electric-like". I can't wait to see the new Tekin products - coupled with the right batteries and cars they may very well be the next level.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sensorless is a great technology, but it still not as smooth on start ups as a sensored ESC/Motor combo. I've seen plenty of sensorless ESC have trouble when the vehicle is rolling backwards, but with sensored the vehicle just moves forward with no issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service