Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread >

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Dunno man, I seen rspro's go up in smoke in a few speedruns and dragruns. I'm hoping this rx8 can compete with the ESC I am using right now, which is built for a 1/10 scale. Any way I can get my hands on an early edition?
Old 12-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by snellemin
Dunno man, I seen rspro's go up in smoke in a few speedruns and dragruns. I'm hoping this rx8 can compete with the ESC I am using right now, which is built for a 1/10 scale. Any way I can get my hands on an early edition?

The only RS's we have had come back were because a larger cap than what we supply with the ESC was not used when using 3/4s applications. Just a mistake, we our caps for 1/8 scale need to be used in drag racing.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I can also attest to the testing of all of our esc's personally. My current setup is/was the RS PRO with 4s in a Mugen. I've had NO issues at all.

The sensored start is essential for proper throttle management that the top level and enthusiast racer are going to require and demand.

If I'm in the A main at a large event or even a club race I'm not going to tolerate a bobble, bad start, inconsistent anything. Sensores give you that. The D2 drive system is the best of both worlds. Pefrect starts, super efficient and highly tunable continual drive.

Ty is right. The few that have used them in drag racing were using 3s+ and did not have the proper cap for the application.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I can also attest to the testing of all of our esc's personally. My current setup is/was the RS PRO with 4s in a Mugen. I've had NO issues at all.

The sensored start is essential for proper throttle management that the top level and enthusiast racer are going to require and demand.

If I'm in the A main at a large event or even a club race I'm not going to tolerate a bobble, bad start, inconsistent anything. Sensores give you that. The D2 drive system is the best of both worlds. Pefrect starts, super efficient and highly tunable continual drive.

Ty is right. The few that have used them in drag racing were using 3s+ and did not have the proper cap for the application.
sooo when will it be avalible?
Old 12-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by charly71
sooo when will it be avalible?
Feb. '09 boss!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

AWSOME!!!!!! BOSS!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by charly71
AWSOME!!!!!! BOSS!!!!!!
LOL, trust me, I can't wait either!!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Will the Tekin 1/8th BL motors be coming out at the same time? Any more info on them dimensions, kv's - are they sensored also? Also - pricing info yet RX8? So many questions, so many questions....
Old 12-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

what cost are we looking at for street price?

Also, can you explain the reasoning as to not including the hotwire interface?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Team Tekin

Yes, motors are sensored.

Street price is to be determined/announced soon.

We don't include the hotwire because it's not neccessary for operation. You can access almost all of the functions via the onboard programming.

The Hotwire is very helpful don't get me wrong. However if we did include it in ALL of them the price would just be more. Quite a few people already have the Hotwire so no need to have two.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

This all sounds great! Really looking forward to more information on the motors. I have to agree with what Randy said about the hotwire. I am a little disappointed that Castle Creations included it with the Mamba Monster. I have 4 of them from Mamba Monster ESC's, and another I bought previously for the Mamba and Mamba Max systems... now I have 6 in total that is a complete waste.

I will definitely be picking up one of the RX8 systems. Do you plan to make different KV and sized motors right from the start?
Old 12-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

What are the features that you can't access without the hotwire?
Old 12-27-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin

We like solder post so we can put the wires at any angle and get an ultra tight install. The motor also has solder tabs. They solder pretty easy with 12awg, but it is definitely not for newbs with an anvil size solder iron. Fortunately you only have to do a good job once. This is pro level stuff for true hobbiest. We will offer a more drop and go version that requires no soldering at some point as well. Maybe immediately if a lot of people really want it.
Definitely make a pre-soldered edition. There a lot of "all show, no go" folks out there with no budget limits who buy the best but don't want to do the fab work. When it comes to high end electronics pre-soldered leads are nice between the motor and ESC then a bare wire for the battery lead so the people can use leads of their choice.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Randy - Can you gives us any info on the external dimensions of the new 1/8th motors (length and diameter) and what kinds of kv's you are planning? Building a new car from scratch, and I'm trying to get an idea on the fit. Thanks!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Team Tekin

I'll wait until the press release/info is ready for motor sizes and KV. We are going to have a nice selection and that info will be ready soon along with photos.

Currenty the motor timing, custom voltage cut off, and the soon to be used custom profile setting slots are what the Hotwire will gain you access to on the RX8.

Don't forget that if you have your own Hotwire you have the ability to update your esc as soon as updates are released. Some drivers prefer cetain software. If we make an improvement you only need to update your esc, not buy a new one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.