Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Pete Taulbee
How long does it traditionally take for Tekin's "support" to respond to an email? I have an RX8 that went bad last weekend and need a replacement. It is under warranty. My work makes it very very difficult to call. thanks for any info anyone has.
We've been having trouble with the server being really really sloooooooow or just not loading at all. I'm working on it as it lets me
Old 08-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
You guys have some sweet rides. I bet that Revo can get it too.

Reaper that is an awesome track! Is that grass on the straight away?!
Nice wide lanes, sweet jumps and transitions...you're blessed.
Yeah they just re did this track for this race, The Grass area...

Its that patio carpet that looks kinda like grass. They use it cover the timing loop. I guess thats one way to do it.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
Yeah they just re did this track for this race, The Grass area...

Its that patio carpet that looks kinda like grass. They use it cover the timing loop. I guess thats one way to do it.
Hey REAPER, are you guys offering 1/8 E Buggy and 1/8 E Truck down there this weekend at the CO. State Champs? I was planning to make it but decieded on the Onroad race in Utah instead... maybe next year!

DJ

æ
Old 08-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

They will be running with the nitro's at this event. I am guessing by next year we will have our own class at all the big races...
Old 08-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

They will be running with the nitro's at this event. I am guessing by next year we will have our own class at all the big races...
I hear that, our track is probably 80% electric 1/8 already.

DJ

æ
Old 08-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
We've been having trouble with the server being really really sloooooooow or just not loading at all. I'm working on it as it lets me
Thanks TY. Randy responded last night and everything should be cool. ESC will be on its way tomorrow.

side note: the sensored system is just awesome. being able to just creep around then just nut it and over jump a triple is incredible!!!

In a 6 minute qual. i was 13 seconds faster with the ebuggy than my nitro buggy. 4 races on the nitro and 1st time out with the ebuggy. it just makes you smile on the stand.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I hope for your sake you dont have anymore problems. Hopefully I have had enough for everyone....
Sorry Reaper I'm a lil late on this but I feel for you because I myself had way too many problems with the product so it's in the corner of the cubical here at Ofna and ordered and Castle product.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I must say I myself am dissappointed also as I just installed my RX8 in my Buggy and It has been determined by Tekin that I have a bad sensor in my motor.

The good news was they told me it is an easy fix. The bad news is they don't have the part in stock

Randy I originally spoke to you and I was leary of trying a new system with out seeing it first and you were going to find some team guys so I could check it out, I never received a reply, I guess no team guys in Tampa.

I gave it a shot anyway and right out of the box problems. I hope this system ends up being worth it seeing how it is almost $100 more than the Mamba with the Hot Wire.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anotherrcguy
I must say I myself am dissappointed also as I just installed my RX8 in my Buggy and It has been determined by Tekin that I have a bad sensor in my motor.

The good news was they told me it is an easy fix. The bad news is they don't have the part in stock

Randy I originally spoke to you and I was leary of trying a new system with out seeing it first and you were going to find some team guys so I could check it out, I never received a reply, I guess no team guys in Tampa.

I gave it a shot anyway and right out of the box problems. I hope this system ends up being worth it seeing how it is almost $100 more than the Mamba with the Hot Wire.
dont worry,if i was closer i would take mine out and let you run it

Last edited by 20 SMOKE; 08-20-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Less then one minute into my "test run " (on LEVEL DIRT!NO JUMPS!)
My "revised" new rx8 esc stopped working
Servo works,no chirps,no fan on startup.
So to recap.... I have bought my 1st esc Early July and that one lasted about 5 minutes. That gives me about 6 minutes of total run time since early July.
I know what you all are thinking."He must be doing something wrong". Well I have been using a Castle esc (with the 2050) while the 1st one was out for repair with no problems (aside from broken fans). I also let a fellow racer (electronics repair person) solder this one (just to be sure I did not mess the last on up).
No luck....
I am going to try a reset with the hotwire and check all the wires but it don't look good.
I don't know what else to say... VERY mad right now.

BTW I had five other racers that were at track with me that can vouch as to what happened.Not sure why I feel the need to say that ,just do.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 08-20-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: btw
Old 08-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

It won't connect with the esc at all(hotwire). I did work before the test run.
What can I try next?
Old 08-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Send it in for a new one, it is broke. I wouldn't want it.

Even if you did get it working would you really trust it.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

when you power it up from a battery do all the light flash or nothing at all
Old 08-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

I'm thinking of getting the RX8 setup.

Advise would be appreciated.

I'm limited on space on my Z01B and moving the chassis brace/diff is not an option.

Would a 1550kv with 19t pinion work better or
1700kv with 17t pinion.

running 4S 5000mah. 95% of the time.

I don't want it to overheat. and smallest pinion I can fit on my car with tekin motor is 17t.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

when you power it up from a battery do all the light flash or nothing at all
Faast rx and servo boot up.
No lights.
I don't get get it. Maybe they sent me someones to be serviced esc by mistake? There is no way this was a tested new one.
I have been in the hobby for 25 years and have never had bad luck like this. I used EVERY precaution on this one.No screws,gyro jelly pad,clean solder job,no jumping.I know how to treat my equipment. (sorry feel the need to say that too).I guess I am in a bit of shock about this all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.