R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default ACADEMY SV2 OPINIONS

I know there is probably a thread on this but I couldn't find it. Give me some opinions on this buggy vs others. The price is compareable to a b4 team but is it as good or better? Just wondering cause I saw that A-main lowered there price to $159.99 on them. Why are these so cheap and the truck is $70 higher?
rc10t4orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc10t4orange View Post
I know there is probably a thread on this but I couldn't find it. Give me some opinions on this buggy vs others. The price is compareable to a b4 team but is it as good or better? Just wondering cause I saw that A-main lowered there price to $159.99 on them. Why are these so cheap and the truck is $70 higher?
Sounds as if you mean the GV2. The GV2 is cheaper than the truck because the truck was just released less than a month ago.PLUS a main lowered their price because the mrc site was selling them for that.

On the any good part of your question, I put mine in the A everytime i run it.
It comes down to personal prefference. I have tried all of the top cars

losi xxx-cr
AE B4
kyosho rb5
and the GV2

all of them were nice cars the gv2 just fit my driving style better than the others.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-buggy-84.html

It is going to someones opinion on how good each car is. At this point its safe to say results wise the B4 is on top as Associated has the best overall team right now. Academy is a really nice car but don't have the driver support on the level of any of the top tier teams.

As far as pricing the truck is new so no company has a sale on a brand new item. After it is out for months or a year maybe you will see more than likely start to see some lower prices. Its simple supply and demand. New vs old.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you ment the GV2, then yes it is an awesome car. I also put it in the show every weekend. I made the C main in 19t at the nationals with it, but I was driving like crap, I should have been in the B at least. The car was good, I was not. One of my friends drove mine 2 weeks ago... he sold his B4 that day for $50 and went out and bought a GV2. He called Amain and asked them to price match MRC, so they lowered the price for everyone.

Now if your talking about the SBV2, that is a different story. That car is a pile of almost. Lots of good ideas, but with bad execution. With alot of work the SBV2 could easily be the best 4WD out. At the nationals Skylar Galls (factory MRC) SBV2 looked so good, but then he would have some sort of mechanical failure. 2 of his 4 qualifiers his wheels fell off!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sorry ya'all I did mean the GV2. Thanks for all the opinions. I wish more hobby shops supported Academy. I have always been an associated guy but the GV2 caught my eye for the awe some price.
rc10t4orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc10t4orange View Post
Sorry ya'all I did mean the GV2. Thanks for all the opinions. I wish more hobby shops supported Academy. I have always been an associated guy but the GV2 caught my eye for the awe some price.
MRC is good about getting parts out if you order them or the hobbyshop orders them plus A Main hobbies and Stormer have parts as well.

Just order a few spares and over time order a few more and you will be fine. I like to be able to get stuff at the local shop but I also like to run new stuff and if parts support is low well thats ok I would rather run a car I like and worry about order later.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

at 159.99 thats a killer price. it has a lot of features (GV2) that you pay extra for even on factory team kits.

If I had a track for it, I would pick up the GV2 too.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

GV2 is the best buggy so far for my driving style. I have 2 of them in my arsenal.

I feel it has a smoother response than AE (not as twitchy) and better steering than the Losi. Some of that is in setup, but the car lends itself easier to find the right balance point.
gndprx is offline   Reply With Quote