Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless ESC for stock racing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Brushless ESC for stock racing?

I'm pretty new to brushless stuff(been running mostly nitro the last few years), and I am looking to get a 2wd stock buggy going for this winter, but I don't know what speed control to get, I want something that isn't going to be super expensive, just something to get me going, and something that will work with 2.4 ghz.

I have been looking at the speed passion line of esc's, and their website isn't all that clear on which speedo's are for 10th scale, does anyone know?

And how are the Tekin R1's, they say "sensorless" , what would then be my motor options?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you for your time
Old 12-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

The LRP ESC is really good with a Novak motor will be flawless. Get the 17.5 motor for stock. All ESC's brushless will work with the 2.4ghz.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

For stock class, to be legal you must run a sensored 17.5 motor. There are plenty of debates already out there as to the best one (i.e. Novak, LRP, Tekin, etc...) that you can read up on.

The Novak Havoc will be a good 17.5 system at an entry level price point. I run the XBR ESC in several of my vehicles which was the predecessor to the Havoc and I have no complaints other than the size.

The LRP Eraser system is also a good entry price point system.

Any of them will be fine with a 2.4 system and most now have LiPo cutoff built in as well.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIG RE
I'm pretty new to brushless stuff(been running mostly nitro the last few years), and I am looking to get a 2wd stock buggy going for this winter, but I don't know what speed control to get, I want something that isn't going to be super expensive, just something to get me going, and something that will work with 2.4 ghz.

I have been looking at the speed passion line of esc's, and their website isn't all that clear on which speedo's are for 10th scale, does anyone know?

And how are the Tekin R1's, they say "sensorless" , what would then be my motor options?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you for your time
the SP Gt is their best 1/10th esc. I run one and It's been the best esc I've used.And I've had quite a few.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Team Wave RB-50 is hella fast!