R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Food for Thought - Cheaper to run (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/261069-food-thought-cheaper-run.html)

racenut123 12-19-2008 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by tntpoof (Post 5186518)
you can expect 800+ runs with no decrease in power

This is false...lets be realistic and not overly dramatic.I am a electric guy,but come on now.

RCHR 12-19-2008 01:16 PM

the whole electric vs nitro thing is silly....Nitro needs electric anyway, electric motors and batteries in the stater, batteries for the receiver pack, battery for the glow ignitor.

No matter how much a nitro racer makes jokes about electric racing, they are still supporting electric.

Mack_Mechanic 12-19-2008 01:43 PM

With me the cost isn't the issue.I will choose nitro over electric anyday just for the sound and smell factor.Also I like the strategy aspect of nitro pit stops.As a mechanic I have no problem working on and cleaning my stuff.As far as the mess,suck it up and quit being lazy ;).To me it's all part of the "zen" aspect of the hobby,I love spending quality time in my workshop cleaning,prepping and repairing my rigs.

Flame away!!!!!!!!

Mack_Mechanic 12-19-2008 01:44 PM

And yes I have electric cars and love running and working on them too :).

tntpoof 12-19-2008 02:17 PM

?

racenut .. what is false?.. I have 2 batteries only 3600 7.4 kokam celld batteries I run each truck that is a total of 8 . 8 times a day total I have been racing once a week and in fall 2x a week 50 then another 10/.. that is a total of 480 in one year then add another 8 months.. 864 charges and uses.. you get real .. another jack off tell me what is what. Flipping Moron. nothing false about my POST.. Just a Lamer like you running his yap knowing nothing..TnT:flaming:

SMcpot 12-19-2008 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by SQC049 (Post 5183988)
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you ask pointless, overly analytical questions and disparage people who respond to your original abstract thought with their own opinion.

So....the guy asks a legitimate question and your response is to come in here and crap in the guy's thread by saying "who cares". You were then expecting a different response from him? :lol:

jamminnay 12-19-2008 02:34 PM

geez just run what you want and what you can afford.. thats the easiest way to look at it! IMO

hakmazter 12-22-2008 07:48 PM

Brand name is going to make a huge difference also......Most people will buy a nitro and then buy a conversion kit and that raises the price exponentially on the electric side.

You can technically take the kit out of the picture using Caster and I'm sure next year, others will follow, but at least if you start at point "A" comparing apples to apples.

Both kits are $450 msrp.... and virtually the same starting point.

Then of course, the argument begins price of motor and pipe vs esc and brushless motor.....

servo and electronics stays the same......transponder the same.....

interesting thread.....

I think the grenade motor and pipe vs the hobbywing esc and caster rtr motor pricewise would be very similar. At that point it would be batteries and charger vs fuel......

hakmazter 12-22-2008 07:52 PM

The advantage of electric is that you can run it whenever, wherever and your odds of a wire falling out vs flaming out are much better.

The advantage of nitro is that you can keep filling with fuel and run hour long mains with no problem.

On the track, they are very similar.