R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have also drifted so off topic it is not even funny.

To the original poster:

Talk to your race track owner, or race director and ask him if he would allow X pack. Unless they are hard and fast ROAR track most will allow any hard cased lipo battery. Charging rules differ from place to place, but I would be sure to just ask and see..I would bet they would let anything run if it fits in the capacity requirements for a weekend club race.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #32
Tech Addict

What was the topic?
huskerdually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdually View Post
I'm just saying in general. It seems like every other hour someone is asking how to get this or that cheaper on here.

Pretty soon we'll all be waiting on the slow boat from china, there will be no lhs and nothing will by worth buying anyway so it won't matter.
That's the excellent point that nobody cares about. it's all about saving 10 bucks.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #34
Tech Regular

I don't remember
Old 12-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
We have also drifted so off topic it is not even funny.

To the original poster:

Talk to your race track owner, or race director and ask him if he would allow X pack. Unless they are hard and fast ROAR track most will allow any hard cased lipo battery. Charging rules differ from place to place, but I would be sure to just ask and see..I would bet they would let anything run if it fits in the capacity requirements for a weekend club race.
If his track sells lipo's he should buy what the track sells and support it.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
That's the excellent point that nobody cares about. it's all about saving 10 bucks.
I am not looking for the cheapest way out, i'm looking for the best priced quality product. Seems that YR at this time is quality enough for me at a club level and have yet to hear a bad report on them. I really hope your not talking about me, the OP, as trying to find the cheapest way out. My very first offroad truck has 900 dollars into it, all brand new equipment, and I bought the best I could afford.

I bought my xxxt-cr from my LHS (254.99 while amain had them for roughly 200 at one point). I bought my losi 10.5 xcelorin setup from the lhs when it was found for roughly 200 as well, but I went and payed 250 with taxes. I am in there almost daily buying little ins and outs to get my ride going here shortly. I support them as much as possible.

It's not always about 10 or 20 dollars, some people like "the little guys". I am in that group, so I bought a couple YR packs. Locals run them no problem, on and offroad. Where is it a bylaw that you have to spend a fortune to get quality.
Bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #37
Tech Addict

I was just saying in general. No offense to any one. Just want to make a few points about how we need to be careful how we spend our money.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #38
Tech Champion

bump, why you take everything i say personal to you ?

best bang for the buck is the smc 5200 24c lipo @ 84.95.

alternatively you have no idea who us peeps are or where we come from. Look at cherokee he will swear up and down that lipo's great but has raced for a month. how old you think his lipo is ? 30 runs on it ?

I have had car lipo's for over a year, no issues. Go orion. I know the trinity packs are good too the 3800 30c's again only around 80 bucks.

This is stuff we at lir have used and tried. I race among all sorts a pro drivers with new products they try all the time.

smc is a company with market presence in the usa and on rctech !!

My best example for why not to buy those yeahs is when my friend had a issue with his orion lipo and it was replaced by orion for a discounted fee.

right there just shows why you pay alittle more among other things.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #39
Tech Champion

working to get validated. look where yea racing is !!! Go usa

I-Creation Ltd. (Yeah Racing)
4/F, Morlite Building,
40 Hung To Road,
Kwun Tong,
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2858 6698
Fax: (852) 3586 0488
Old 12-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #40
Tech Addict

Dude I've seen several threads where you bash yeah for coming from hong kong, and you praise your smc batteries.

Hong Kong is part of China.

Last edited by huskerdually; 12-18-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Yes I have only been racing for a month now, but I started fresh out of college in the early 80's. And watched my uncle run 1/8 gas onroad as early as the 70's.
So I have been around, just took some time off to run real race cars, now that I am forced from real racing because of injury so I started playing with the RC toys again....Just to give a little history on me, I am an old guy. I also fly electric planes and have been for almost 10years. I have been using LiPo batteries in planes for about that long as well, so while I have little experence with a lipo in a car, I have thousands of hours of flight time using lipos in planes of all sizes.

The simple bottom line is that SMC does not make their own cells, the buy them from someone else....If you knew the source you could buy them and build your own packs that would be every bit as good as a SMC cell. (the only reason I am using SMC is it is bantered around most in this thread, nothing personal).

You think that SMC is the best, and I agree that they do make some very fine battery packs. But there are others out there that make fine packs as well for a lot less money.

I am just happy I don't have to worry about dumping anymore, last time I raced cars we used red cells and geared so we would not dump, what changes...be happy we have what we have.

Pick your product and pay your money...thats what makes the world go around.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Actually now that the Brits had to give HK back it IS part of China....But that there is funny I don't care who ya are that there is funny.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #43
Tech Addict

You beat me to my edit.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #44
Tech Champion

smc is from elkton, VA usa.

icreations - hong kong.

orion is from cali.

My m11 is made in china,my cell phone is prolly made there too.

orions are made in korea.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #45
Tech Regular

One other thing I noticed....just to poke some people a little more

IS THAT A TRAXXAS PLUG ON THAT RACE PACK!!!!! WHATS A TRAXXAS PLUG DOING ON A RACE PACK!!!!! THEY DON'T MAKE RACE CARS THEY JUST MAKE BASHERS!!!! OMG THE WORLD IS GOING TO END...THE SKY IS FALLING...DOGS AND CATS SLEAPING TOGETHER

All in good fun of course.