Battle of the plastic 4wd $200 buggies thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Battle of the plastic 4wd $200 buggies thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Well hey since you can get yok parts easy you wanna ship me some cause I cant find them nowhere. haha
Old 12-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I had the durga, great car, and NOT hard to get parts for.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetracer745
Well hey since you can get yok parts easy you wanna ship me some cause I cant find them nowhere. haha
Streetracer,
The easiest way would be to email Masa or Hirotaka at RC Champ. They will ship international and have great prices. Here is their e-mail: [email protected]
Also, here is the home page: http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/Champ_Inte...onal_index.htm
If this does not work out for you send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Josh
Old 12-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Yeh I tend to order stuff straight from yokomo and tamiya... I will look into rcchamp though. Thanks
Old 12-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

The Durga's are good cars. The Pom's love them. If you get one there are some early hop-up's to get, once you get the hang of it, that will make it VERY competitive.

Look at the oople.com forum. HEAPS of info on the DB-01 there.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah i could just get a used roller but i would miss that feeling of opening a fresh box and smelling the freshly molded plastic. ..eeh yeah i;m a freak
and that first run from sealedbox to the track. it's great!

you know, as much logic that says go for a b44 at $249 just as much logic says don't buy a yokomo. i've always wanted a yokomo but never got one. i guess the bmax gives me that opertunity. but the parts man the parts! i still can't find replacment parts.

i can get a db01 baldre on sale for $135 so that puts me a liitle over $200 for kit, slipper, skrew kit, 501x shocks.

in terms of handling, from videos the db01 seems to stay planted on all 4 wheels and drives flat and plower slides as smooth as butter.

my perception of the zx5 is that it can become jumpy or or unsettled at high speeds. is this becasue of the rear mounted motor?

how dose the Fs handle compared to the sp?
Old 12-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

2 fs's 1 sp in these fights. orange and yellow is fs silver red black blue is the sp (me) lol.

the FS has more forward traction so the boys say. I am waiting for the kit.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Nice driving man. Both of y'all
Old 12-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

cool vid. the fs seem to jump real nice. check out this vid of a db01 baldre detroying $500 buggies! the cam follows the db01. watch how that car can slide into turns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXnct7IY4VU
Old 12-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nsr250repsol
Oh the only thing I dislike about the B-Max is the ugly body
Looks a lot better with a different window line and without Yokomo's ugly stickers.

Here's mine...

http://www.sosidge.com/wp-content/up.../img_0624s.jpg

Here's Matsukura's Japanese Nationals car...

Old 12-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

with the Jconcepts Supercup series coming in january in florida i decided to drop the idea of the bmax. maybe for japan or europe it would be fine but for the u.s parts are non existant. zx5 and db01 parts are pretty common. second to asso, losi,jcon ofcourse but my lhs stocks parts on the shelf for zx5 the manager says any tamiya part you want is just a phonecall away with free shipping that works for me.

sosoige, any verdict on bmax on track performance compared to the full optioned db01? any loud differences in the the driving style between the two?

Josh, didn't know you live in japan. cool. i used to live in Yoyogi tokyo 10 minutes from yoyogi station it was right between shinjuku and harajuku. i love yoshinoya haha. moss burger is pretty relaxing place to get off the street for somthing more westernish. ahh. i loved it.

every day you could hear the monks ring the temple bells from my dorm house. oh sorry to go so far off topic...hehe
Old 12-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jonny,
If you decide to go Kyosho the FS version is the way to go. I know several guys here in Japan are running the Tamiya db01 buggies and they are fast with them. The only thing is by the time they get them all upgraded with slipper, shocks, univesals, screws, and turnbuckles they could have just bought a 501 or other compitition level buggy. But over here many traks run that Tamiya only class, minus the 501X and compete in TCS Cup races. I can understand why you have ruled out the Yokomo but it is a great buggy.

Yeah I have been living in Japan for a total of 7yrs now. I really love it here. CoCo Ichiban is the bomb! Sadly I have to leave Japan for a year for a tour in Korea but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for orders back to Japan. I hope to go to Yokota AB next so I can go to Yatabe Arena more but I would be very happy comming back to Misawa.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Truely the only thing necesary is the slipper kit... Screws arent an absolute necessity... Neither are turnbuckles or anything. The db01 has them I think anyways. Shocks really arent bad. You can tune them with one of the on-road shock pistons. I dont remember which ones fit but I know you can.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jonnyutah
sosoige, any verdict on bmax on track performance compared to the full optioned db01? any loud differences in the the driving style between the two?
I would say B-MAX4 has more steering and rides the bumps better compared to my old optioned DB01.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default the battle contiues.....

sosdige, i seek your advice again.

i found some after christmas sales...

i can get a new durga nib w/slipper kit and 501x dampers for $200 i also found a yokomo bmax w/champions pack for $210

what wheels fit the bmax? will losi or ae wheels fit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.