R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-01-2003, 03:43 PM   #91
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the in-line axles for the T4 yet? I'm still looking for a little more steering from my truck.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:45 PM   #92
Tech Initiate

Default Inline Axles

I ran them on my T4 for the main. Should have run them in the heats too. If you are racing on a tight track they will help, but you should also use the 30 deg. caster blocks. That will make it less twitchy.
dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 04:52 PM   #93
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Truck racing is a LOT of fun!
I had my first truck race on Friday night at SoCal, although I raced with a T3 rather than a T4, it made me want to get a truck more than ever!
I should have run in Sportsman Stock Truck, but I did not know how fast the Truck would be in the race. The truck did 9 laps in four minutes, and avarage mph would have possibaly placed me in the top three of Sportsman Stock Truck.

T4, is coming!!!
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 08:26 AM   #94
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thanks dale...
Old 12-02-2003, 12:06 PM   #95
Tech Adept

After reading this thread, the verdict is in...I'm going to order a T4 as soon as my check comes in! LHS, here I come!!!
Greg_Hager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 07:30 PM   #96
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

If you order one, make sure to pick up the parts ( hop ups ) you want on it right away. I mainly buy things to toughen the vehicle even though I drive pretty well.

I may have to look into those axles and caster blocks and give them a shot. I will have my LHS put an order in for me. I hope they got my parts in. I left for MS on Thanksgiving and parts were still not in after about 1 week wait. But I know that with the demand for the T4 going high, he should get more requests.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 11:00 PM   #97
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubblestc3
Truck racing is a LOT of fun!
I had my first truck race on Friday night at SoCal, although I raced with a T3 rather than a T4, it made me want to get a truck more than ever!
I should have run in Sportsman Stock Truck, but I did not know how fast the Truck would be in the race. The truck did 9 laps in four minutes, and avarage mph would have possibaly placed me in the top three of Sportsman Stock Truck.

T4, is coming!!!
Hey there Mr. Sandman!!!

Inaugural Member of "THE Yacht Club"
Blue Light
Old Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 01:02 PM   #98
Tech Legend

Had my third race the truck. We ran a pro class ( 19T motors, 3300 packs ). Wow, fast! Only a couple of other racers though but we wanted to put on alittle show. It was a T4 (mine ), a XXXT MFE, and a B4. THe B4 was driven by one of our top drivers in touring class, so it was a battle. I managed to win the first heat and the second heat as well. The XXXT wasn't really too much of a factor ( the guy drives really well though ), just a battle with the B4.

When it was all said and done though, the B4 can away in the mains. I kit a post and popped my battery connnectors, but for when I was in there, we were very close, considering the weight of the truck versus the buggy, it was a good match up. Of course the buggy would win, but I wasn't spanked, VERY IMPRESSED.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:53 AM   #99
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to MMR_Slingr

Hello. i just purchased a t4 rtr from towerhobbies. i am planning on going stock racing at my local track. www.planetrcraceway.com and am looking for a stock motor that will suit the track the best. my choices so far are

the Monster horsepower stock by trinity

p2k2 by trinity

Epic binary 2 stock 9 ive heard is illegal due to having 4 magnets instead of 2) someone plzz clarify)

plzz check linkl to look over track.
MMR_Slingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 06:58 AM   #100
Tech Legend

hmm, not sure. All I know is that I am not big on trinity motors out of the box. Seem to take alot of buying before you get a good one. I liked the motors that promatch produced, great power.

Quick question on your RTR, does your radio have the ability to adjust how much steering is dialed in?
Old 12-07-2003, 12:55 PM   #101
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to MMR_Slingr

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
hmm, not sure. All I know is that I am not big on trinity motors out of the box. Seem to take alot of buying before you get a good one. I liked the motors that promatch produced, great power.

Quick question on your RTR, does your radio have the ability to adjust how much steering is dialed in?
YES, what kind of motors do u perfer?
MMR_Slingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 02:29 PM   #102
Tech Legend

So far after buying a lot of crap from trinity, I am linking my Peak Performance Dynasty motor ( I run in a 19t class ). Great power, unlike my Chameleons.

Some guys by me tested the Epic motors and didn't like them.

So far though I hear that reedy motors are good, so whatever they are using for stock motors would be a good starting point. Also, if you want try picking up a stock motor from the company that pro-match sold there motor division to. There 19T motor was a BEAST out of the box, so this one should be no different.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:02 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
So far though I hear that reedy motors are good...
i have tried the reedy quad magnet 19T, both with a machine wound armature and hand wound armature... it has great torque, you definitely have to gear up to take advantage of its power. ( but you have to change the brushes to maximize its performance.)
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 09:12 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
One thing I noticed different when looking at T4 threads than B4 threads is that the initial setup seems to be a lot better than what the B4 starts out with. I am not sure why that is, but the T4's starting setup is really good.

i agree... ran my T4 and first time out was race day and right out of the box, it handles really well.

What should i do if i want more forward traction? my T4 was a bit loose on-power ( back tends to slide sideways )
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 10:49 PM   #105
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

On the T4 it's hard to beat a P2K2 based motor.The Monster stock is more of an RPM motor.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote