R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-21-2003, 05:05 PM   #76
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Wow, your lucky. We have RC madness north of me, but its a little bit of a drive to get 1 steering block Thats ok though, my LHS isn't running trucks tonite since they have a big oval race tommorrow, and I will be gone next week, so they better get it in for two fridays from now
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:49 PM   #77
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

As far as hop up parts go It's very hard to beat Showtime hobbies..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 10:01 PM   #78
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
Anyone having trouble getting parts? I checked with my LHS and one closer to me ( I don't go to them, too spendy ) and none had T4 parts.
I have no trouble(I don't think) getting T4 parts, here at SoCal, I think that they have enough spare parts to build some full trucks. Although I don't have one yet, I see the parts section, and it is always full of T4 and all the other cars that Associated makes.
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 12:11 AM   #79
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Gped0124 Send a message via Yahoo to Gped0124

My associated graphite hasn't broken yet. I ended up buying ever thing peice by peice because I accidently bought the carbon chassis already. The car feels more plugged into the ground and feels like it floats over turns. It tends to nose dive even more than before because most of my weight is now centered towards the front with the heavy chassis gone. With the chassis and shock tower change I switched to 27 wt oil over 30 wt, made it a little easier to handle in rough sections (it would bounce all over the place). I think overall it is easier to drive with the grapite. I suggest anyone with a T4 go one part at a time, as you break them. Oh, and for those who are wondering, this is my mods and I will post a full blow setup sheet later.

Full graphite
Unobatanium shock shafts
threaded shocks (fronts only, when are the rears coming?)
Ti turnbuckles
Custom Ti nitride hinge pins made by a friend
Aluminum shock caps (so bling)
Inline axles and supporting mods
I have the dogbones, but I am going to stick with CVD's for now

I also had a Oval setup going for oval, drilled the stock towers to take TC3 shocks, and a custom offset chassis...
Gped0124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 07:52 AM   #80
Tech Lord

It's alot cheaper to buy the graphite kit,if you buy one part at a time it would cost at least twice the money.Most hobby shops sell them for $49,the chassis alone is $35,so for $14 bucks more you get both front and rear A arms,shock towers,top plate,rear brace.I guess you guy's have more money,On the shock caps I use the Yokomo ones(they have a bleeder screw)function over form.They just make setting up your shocks easy.
Old 11-22-2003, 02:30 PM   #81
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Gped0124 Send a message via Yahoo to Gped0124

I guess you could. But when I got my carbon chassis (for 20 bucks mind you) my T4 was already built and setup to my liking. So I didn't really feel like doing the WHOOOLE conversion at one time. So I just decided to do it one part at a time to save a little frustration.
Gped0124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 05:24 PM   #82
Tech Lord

I bought all the hop ups and then put my T4 together,so it made more sense for me to do it that way(buy the kit)I bought a used B4 and had no other choice but to buy the graphite kit for it also(as in the car was total JUNK and everything HAD to be replaced )I guess his idea of nice was different than my idea of nice..
Old 11-22-2003, 06:37 PM   #83
Tech Legend

To each his own I guess. For me, I wanted to run it stock and see what I thought. I have bought some hop ups, but they were mainly for stength issues. Besides, TQ by 2 laps, I think I can hold off on the graphite kit
Old 11-22-2003, 08:17 PM   #84
Tech Lord

I dont hop em up because I think it's any better,It's ALL about the bling bling..
Old 11-22-2003, 10:21 PM   #85
Tech Legend

hell,

still need to get mine going Hopefully they will have the part. Will be gone though so no racing till next friday.
Old 11-23-2003, 02:22 AM   #86
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
To each his own I guess. For me, I wanted to run it stock and see what I thought. I have bought some hop ups, but they were mainly for stength issues. Besides, TQ by 2 laps, I think I can hold off on the graphite kit
Remember "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" if you kick some butt with the stock car(in this case a truck) then there is no need to hop it up, your skills are better than almost any hop-up. If you can master driving, then once you get the hop-ups, you should be able to kick some bigger butt!
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 08:41 AM   #87
Tech Legend

Definitely True. One thing I noticed different when looking at T4 threads than B4 threads is that the initial setup seems to be a lot better than what the B4 starts out with. I am not sure why that is, but the T4's starting setup is really good.

Today I may just do some Battery pack maintenance and testing, along with installation of new parts. Maybe even rewire the motor connections as I use powerpoles on everything but I am leaning towards running deans on that end since the connectors and wires are all going the same direction.

Anyone try those 1000mf capacitors compared to the 4700 that novak sells? I am wondering if you get any more punch and where would be a good place to buy some if they are for real.

Also, anyone running any pack pillows? If so who still makes them? I wish associated had included something like that, my electrical tape isn't staying down that well for some reason on this chassis like it did on my FTB3, could be that it was graphite.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:01 PM   #88
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Late to this thread.

<------------------------

The T4 is awesome!
II Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 09:23 PM   #89
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Four words...

.......This.........thing........is.........TOUGH!!!

I don't want to say how I know its tough <whistling innocently to myself>.....but lets just say the front suspension arms and front bulkhead have been tested.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:36 PM   #90
Tech Legend

yeah, it is very tough, especially for a new kit.

I think the T3 may have been slightly tougher, but overall including the performance of the kit, T4 hands down!