R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-18-2003, 08:33 PM   #61
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Alittle more info:

The track is ozite ( the gray kind ) over a hard concrete layer. The put down thick carpet after the jumps so we don't tear up the track. Jumps range from all kinds of types, a lot of the long jumps are basically BMX jumps you can but at the store. The straight is about 115ft long and we run a fast sweeper right into the jumps.

One thing I noticed is that by running a lot of camber ( 2 to 3 degrees ) my car hooks up a lot better in the turns.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:11 PM   #62
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Gped0124 Send a message via Yahoo to Gped0124

I finally broke the notoriously weak A-arm. I broke it right on the inside where it mounts. But that gave me an excuse to make my T4 fully graphite. yay
Gped0124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 01:30 PM   #63
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff

Be careful with that graphite..those arms will break easier than the plastic because they are more rigid and firm....I'd keep those arms plastic and save yourself the money of having to replace them sooner...
nutfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 03:19 PM   #64
Tech Legend

I contacted RPM to see what they are making for parts but they gave me the corporate line. I think they should make everything similar to what they had on the T3, definitely the front arms and the steering knuckles.

So far the A-arms have held up for me, I drive pretty conservative though, but it gets me around the track faster
Old 11-19-2003, 05:19 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Quote:
Originally posted by nutfluff
Be careful with that graphite..those arms will break easier than the plastic because they are more rigid and firm....I'd keep those arms plastic and save yourself the money of having to replace them sooner...
This all depends on driving style...
With how the post is worded, it took a while to break the plastic arm, so I would guess that the driver is not prone to crashing. Then I would sugest getting the graphite for the replacement.

Also incorperated into this should be ridgity. Some of the posters race on carpet with the T4(Cain), and when you use the standard plastic arm, it will flex more making the spring feel softer. Then when you use the graphite arm, it would flex much less, making the spring feel stiffer.
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:21 PM   #66
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Yeah i'd just get the graphite chassis and the shock towers thats it. Maybe some of the cool blue alum.
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:40 PM   #67
Tech Legend

How are you liking the graphite chassis? I was thinking of getting it and the shock towers as well, but I figured to try going first in stock form. Seem to like it

Only thing aluminum I have picked up was the front brace. But other than that, I picked up things to make it stronger.

Anyone else running on carpet? if so and you have graphite, how does it feel?

Also, I bought the wrong type of pinion ( Kimbraugh ultra mesh ), wonder how these will hold up on an offroad truck. Will post when I get a chance to run them, though, man, they are sure light.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:34 PM   #68
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

It's cheaper to buy the graphite kit,at least at the hobby shops in the area where I live,$49 for the kit.You get front and rear A arms,shock towers,rear brace,top plate,chassis,front hinge pin brace,and battery brace(not the graphite weave).great deal at $49.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 07:45 PM   #69
Tech Fanatic

Cain,
When you race on carpet, do you have jumps, or is it just like sedans when running on carpet?(no jumps, and ultra flat)
Old 11-19-2003, 07:48 PM   #70
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Cain I didn't really notice that much of a change actually between the graphite chasis and shock towers. I didn't get any of the alum. stuff yet but prolly will later when i get more money. i also have to get the threaded shocks befor anything else because threaded shocks are so much more easier to adjust and get the proper settings. I also race off-road on dirt which is totally different from racing on carpet. but i'm sure it won't make that much of a change anyways though. Just a little lighter.
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 03:37 PM   #71
Tech Legend

We run on carpet with jumps like a real offroad track, Don't have any table tops ( yet ) But all in all its very fun.

No racing this Friday as they have a big oval race Saturday , so I won't be able to test my setup yet. I got some of my parts in today, so I will probably look into putting them on tonite.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:39 PM   #72
Tech Fanatic

I see, that is cool, only fuzz in your car after a run, rather than dirt in the car...
So for the layout, is it like a on-road track with some jumps added for fun?
Or is the layout SPECIFICLY for off-road cars?
Old 11-20-2003, 06:01 PM   #73
Tech Legend

It depends on who setups the track. Alot of times we put a series of jumps down on a touring layout, other times it something specially designed. We even run a figure eight configuration too! pretty cool as long as you make the jump. Emaxxs are the only ones who usually have some trouble. The Monster class is pretty much 19T motors with 3300 packs, I run spec truck for now, 1800 and below with Street spec motors.

I am looking to start up a pro truck class soon. Got enough guys to do it, 19T motors with 3300 packs.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:41 PM   #74
Tech Legend

Anyone having trouble getting parts? I checked with my LHS and one closer to me ( I don't go to them, too spendy ) and none had T4 parts.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:47 PM   #75
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Any and all parts,even ALL the hop ups,Associated,Trinity,and Racers edge. My LHS has it going on.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote