R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-10-2003, 01:45 PM   #46
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

you can make a show dog out of this thing!

I really don't see a need for anything right now. I may get some titanium turnbuckles and see what products RPM comes out with that fit and get those for protection.

I have to see how this weeks racing goes to see how the competition is ( ie- XXXT ). But just remembering what the XXXT drove like and how my T4 is, I am not worried.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 09:14 AM   #47
Tech Legend

Second Race Done!

Hey Guys, I got my second race out of the way, this time against Losi XXXT Matt Francis editions, good drivers all around. enough for two full mains.

1st heat

Car was a dream, what more can I say, I felt the whole time I was just going slow. I was passing people, but overall I felt like ( wow, should go faster! ). At the mid point it was obivous my laps were not all counting due to some transponder glitch, so we had to total it up at the end. When it was all said and done, I put down 27 laps, the heat before best was 25 laps! No fancy changes to the vehicle, I ran everything as it was out of the kit. amazing!

2nd heat

More of the same, this time however I got to get a fuller charge on my RC1700s ( only the 3rd run for them! ). It just amazes me the handling and acceleration of this vehicle. It is just flat out FAST. No ifs, ands, or butts. There was another racer with a T3 running foams and he was just as fast, so I am thinking maybe to try the foams out and see how that feels! I managed this time to put down 29 laps for a the TQ. closest person was 27. Beating Losi XXXTMFE and the rest. At the end though when finishing up I managed to hit the turn wrong and hit a solid barrier, and I broke the steering arm. Damn! No parts at the shop, so I was done. Looking at the hit, I can see it breaking, but it should be stronger overall. maybe something they can beef up a bit, but no real complaints here.

Mains I missed obviously, but the best lap time for the main was still 27 laps. Guys, if you are looking for a vehicle, this IS IT! Associated has made a winner, just some more updates to do alittle strengthening here and there and you have one solid truck.

I also decided to get a few hop ups:

Titanium turnbuckles with RPM cups
Titanium Hinge pins
HD servo spring
Aluminum front hinge pin brace

I think I got some interest going in the T4 at the track, may win some converts or some new drivers. One thing for anyone running a street specc motor in your T4, you probably can go 1 to 2 pinions above what they say for stock. I was running a 20T and the motor was cold with good top end and still lots of torque.

Anyone know what the inline axles ( I think thats it ) will do differently? Looking to start tuning the vehicle for better performance ( if thats possible! )
Old 11-15-2003, 11:44 AM   #48
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If your just running oval I would get the foams first,this will make a HUGE difference on the oval.I would also get the rear anti roll bar kit,the hd servo spring is also a must have.On your set up you should also try running more anti squat in the rear(adding anti squat will make the truck carry a little more speed in the corners)On the rear camber links, raising the ball stud will give the truck more traction in the corners(add washers)The in line axles will give the truck a more aggressive feel,it will have more steering in and out of the turns,but it will not be as smooth down the straights(twitchey).
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 06:23 PM   #49
Tech Legend

we run the trucks over jumps just like normal offroad. Right now she feels great, and I will look into your recommendations. Can someone explain what the heavy duty servo saver does for you. When I broke yesterday, my wheels were sort of locked and I had to turn the power back on to straighten them out. The servo was fine though ( Hitec 925MG, great servo )
Old 11-15-2003, 06:33 PM   #50
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

From what I understand the stock servo saver spring is not strong enough on (or for) high traction tracks,it makes the truck push in hi speed turns.If your track has jumps I would leave the anti squat at 2(stock).
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 06:44 PM   #51
Tech Legend

ok, that make sense for the servo saver. She steers great right now, no complaints, but nothing wrong with adding that. I am hoping RPM comes out with some hopups to add some protection, though teh vehicle is tough!
Old 11-16-2003, 08:33 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i'm mostly an onroad racer, and as such my batts are with bullet connectors... any mod i can do so that i can use bullets in the T4?

thanks.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 08:49 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Try using an extra battery bar in an "L " shape, moving the bullet conectors to the top of the pack, rather than the side where the chassis is.
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 09:41 PM   #54
Tech Legend

that sounds good. I run power poles, fit well. don't like deans too much.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:31 PM   #55
Tech Master

HeY!!!

i think i got a near awesome setup for dirt off-road, w/ a slightly bumpy track. the only thing is that the track was brand new and was the first time it was ran on, but it hooked up pretty good and will only get better once some of the loose stuff gets off top layer. i kept stock springs, 35 wt. oil in front, kept 30 wt. oil in rear. i'm using the stock tires in rear but i also like the evil twins for rear. at first i was a little loose but thats because i was pushing it and i was just so use to on-road (foams) and it was my first time w\racing on-road in 2 yrs. after that i got a hang of it and it was awesome i qualified 6th out of 45 and took 5th in A-main.
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:46 PM   #56
Tech Legend

Wow, great job. The vehicle really is setup nice out of the box. I picked up some Lunsford titanium hinge pins and turnbuckles, RPM cups, and the heavy duty servo saver for 32 bucks new.

I may look into making the steering a little more aggressive. Other than that, she hauls.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:48 PM   #57
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff

Move to the A-link in the front to get that steering you're looking for...

nutfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:34 PM   #58
Tech Legend

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:12 PM   #59
Tech Master

HeY!!!

cain is that for carpet off-road???
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:03 PM   #60
Tech Legend

yup, carpet offroad, running Proline Road hawg tires (sauced ). I will look into doing some tuning this friday and see what I can dial in.