Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
T4 Owners Post Here! >

T4 Owners Post Here!

T4 Owners Post Here!

Old 03-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

browndawg, Ron at R.C Plus knows his stuff. He is in Salem behind the K-mart near the airport. He might have some from the tc if not he can order them for sure.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Tall Can, how did you do Friday night? I won the Novice but wasn't totaly happy with the set up. I geared down like you said and it helped alot...some one said to run green shock springs in front what do you think......Heres a Novice question....is 40 wt shock oil thicker or thinner then 30 wt.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Shock oil.

Larger the number, thicker the stuff.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well thats what I thought but at the track they told me I needed to stiffen up my suspension and asked what wt oil I was running and I told them 35 wt. They told me to try 30 wt or even 25 wt but that wouldn't stiffen it up or am I missing something? Maybe there just pulling the old Novis chane a little. LOL Thick oil going through the holes of the piston should make for more resistance right?
Old 03-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Or.....does the oil serve a differnt purpose than what I assumed it does...maybe the springs stiffens and the oil is how fast the shock recovers...........Daaaahhhhhhh! Am I on the right track! Some times a guy just needs to stop and think. LOL
Old 03-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

browndawg, what was your setup like. was it the one I posted or not? I thought the truck was very planted (almost to hooked up to go real fast) but would have been perfect for a newcomer looking for loads of traction. last time I tried blades up front and thought they were comparable to taper pins. As far as green springs in the front you might try them. I liked the silver ones. blues felt twitchy worked on the old track. it didn't have a lot of jumps. just remember your driving style is different so don't get caught up in the setup game, experiment as much as possible. and ask general questions. like if I do this what happens? and yes the oil controls the speed of the shock in both directions. I wouldn't get to far from 30 or 35 wt. that seems to be the most consistent.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yah your right I'll just keep doing small adjustments untill I see whats right for me. I dropped my pinion to 17 and that made a big difference. Tell me about clutches and how often do you change the fiber wheel thats in them. Could be some of the problem. it just doesnt seem to go sometimes.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Try not to touch the face of them first off. they don't like the oil from our hands. if they get all glazed up you can scrape them with and exacto or mild sand paper. at a-main I run my slipper so tight that the slipper is not a factor much, but keep a eye on it. keep the plates free of oil and debree also.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Addict

Default Notchified

Try this set up. Move all your ballstuds to the outer holes on the camber links. Remove a washer underneath both the front and the rear inner ball stud. Take these washers and place them underneath your outer steering link ballstud. Put 32.5 losi oil up front with the number two pistons and 27.5 losi oil in the rear shocks with the number one pistons. Silver springs in the front green in the rear. invest in the contured battery brace. Buy a bag of mini four fourty nuts and a bag of washers. Take the nuts and back up your caster blocks and hubs with nuts on the backside of the studs. Now take the washers and capture your shock ends. Also purchase a losi kevlar spur I perfer the 86 and you will also need the losi slipper disks for this modification. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails T4 Owners Post Here!-chevy.jpg  
Old 03-21-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default I concur

Stu541 I couldnt agree more about thos yokomo caps thos guys are thinkers.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Stu, I will take apart the slipper and see whats up and then crank her down! I looked up the Yokomo web site but couldn't find the shock caps with screws. They did have a lot of parts to look from. Maybe if we get Ron or Roger involved they could track something down for us.
Have you ever ran Oval...Amain will be running one on Thursday nights.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

I got my new Trinity P2K2 Pro in the mail today. Got some green springs for shocks, i'm going to rebuild the clutch and set her tight.....then kick some ass on Friday night!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Cool Little help from the T-4 Crowd please....

I just picked up the rtr T-4 and a few things for it, but the on thing I didn't get was another steering servo.
I stripped the nylon gears inside, the third run on the track.
Maybe its just my luck, but can anyone send me a name or two for "good" replacement steering servo's. Metal gear, hi speed, hi torque???? Anything you all have had great luck with.
Thanks for your time
Dalton
ITS NOT HOW HARD YOU HIT THE WALL, ITS HOW FAR YOU MOVE IT......
Old 03-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dalton - How much money you looking to spend? The reason I ask is the best servos are around $110. But you buy it once and thats it. Look into a Airtronics 94358 or 94357. They are retarded fast and have plenty of torque. I personally run the 358 in my t4. Another thing you need to get is the heavy duty servo saver spring..

A JR 8450 is a great servo as well... plus its digital.. any of the high end Airtronics digitals are good as well.. like 758's or something...
Old 03-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks, so airtronics might be worth a peak,,, cool, at this point, I dont care about price, just as long as it will get me around the track, and be there when I need it lol.
ITS NOT HOW HARD YOU HIT THE WALL, ITS HOW FAR YOU MOVE IT....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.