Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
T4 Owners Post Here! >

T4 Owners Post Here!

T4 Owners Post Here!

Old 02-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

As per the AE manual...diff's are not meant to be a tuning option.

To set your diff tighten the screw just until the point where it stops turning. Then back it off 1/8th of a turn.

After a diff rebuild and you set it this way, run the car for a few mins and recheck to make sure it's still set at this position. After you retighten it to the 1/8th back position it shouldn't be touched until the next rebuild.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Thanks I'll try that setting!
Old 03-01-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

anyone have the T4 tuning guide? If so, what do you think of it? I am considering getting it but I want to know if it is good. Basically I am looking for it to tell you that for example:

If I move the top of the shocks in on the rear shock tower, it will do abc ...

Changing the oil will do abc for the front and abc for the rear...

Pretty much what I want to know. I have read differing things concerning this.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cain--

This link is ALL you need.

http://users.pandora.be/elvo/

Click on the buggy set-up guide in the main menu.

I consider this to be the Holy Bible of tuning guides!

Old 03-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default a-main setup

browndawg, did you try the setup I posted on the rc plus page? It will get you very close. It has plenty of rear traction and enough steering to get you in the ball park. For me the evil twins on the back felt more consistent. but red tapers on the back and silvers on the front worked good too. let me know steve w.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

I was out of town and missed the last race, I'll try your set up for the next one, what gearing are you using?
Old 03-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

browndawg, I'm not sure which motor you have but an 18 or 19 pinion should work. I ran 87/19 with a p2k2. I used racers edge hollow point brushes and red pos; gold neg springs. you can also try the purple springs on the motor as well. If you have a mod motor try the manual setup minus one tooth on the pinion. how is your track thing going? I heard Albany is moving/combining with Eugene. this is good news for me travel time down to 1 hour.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

I guess i have a lot to learn, I have a stock Axion motor but I don't even know what wind or turn and its still with original brushes and springs! I'm waiting for the weather to get a bit better to build my track. but i know it will be wide and fast with low fast, long jumps... let me know the next race in eugene or the next time you go to Amain....can always learn from others !

Steve
Old 03-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

was looking at the P2K2 pro.....team tuned does that help or would i have to still change out brushes ect...
Old 03-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

I'm not sure exactly what brushes that comes with. I think the trinity version has red pos; green neg. None the less the pro would be a good motor. The TOP based motor from Orion or Peak is also very good in truck. the pro brushes from Orion with red/ gold springs is very fast. Some times motor applications can get weird. A motor that cooks in your touring car might blow in the truck. My experience is that trucks like torque, sedans a little less, buggies like rpm. With stock it usually comes down to batteries and motor tuning. both the p2k2 and the TOP motor can be geared 87/19. good luck
Old 03-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Tech Legend

You can also try the Reedy MVP motor. This is the personal choice of Big Jim, especially when tuned with the trimmed brushes. You can go to www.bigjimracing.com and read more about it. He likes it enough that he is only tuning motors now that are made from Reedy.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you for the input....I think that I will give the Pro tuned P2K2 a try. It seems to be a choice that fits me now with my lack of knowledge of tuning motors. I checked out big jims web site (thanks Cain) and saw his book on tuning motors....I need that! But I couldn't tell if maybe Reedy was a sponcer of his that would sway his choice. How does anyone else fell about the Reedy MVP and are there any easy rules of tuning moters that a newbie like me would understand .. stu541 I would like to meet up with you some time at one of the tracks and share (copy) your set ups and learn a little about what each adjustment does and why you did it, if your up for it. I live in Silverton and can go either north or south.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

HeY hEy!!!

I'm using a Team1 stock motor and i'm using red on pos, and purple and neg. and for my Team 1 bi-nary motor i'm running purple on neg and silver on pos. that spring setup works really well for me. but w/ bi-nary you have to gear done only two teeth instead of three. and also you can be a little more agressive on the throttle.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Legend

From what I understand, Big Jim actually worked for Trinity twice with alot of input ( maybe lead designer, not sure so don't quote me ) on there motors up to the P2k2 I believe.

Since we don't have an official stock class at my track I don't have first hand knowledge of the MVP. But I do have experience with Trinity products and I am not impressed or even mildly pleased with there motors. I went through too many chameleons that were dogs before going with 1 peak dynasty motor that spanked them all. I now have a Quad Mag and it is extremely fast. I think I also have found why I was going through brushes so fast too so it will be even faster and lasting longer.

You can try team paradigm for your tuned motor. They have the P2k2 in stock and zap the cans and tune it up for up ( polish the comm, etc ) and they will rezap I believe free of charge. just go to big jim's site and then to the paradigm link. For the money, its not a bad deal.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Legend

actually if you read his tips section I think they have really good general info there. One thing to definitely pickup is the tribo drops. for brushes use the Reedy 767s or if you have to go with trinity stuff the 4500s seem to be a favorite of Big Jim.

Proper breakin is also important, but all this I believe is covered in his tuning section. Believe me, its not that hard. I didn't know much about motors and I could drive but on the track my motor would let me down. Now, I am one of the faster guys since the motor compliments me instead of holds me back.

For stock racing, you might want to also avoid the binary motor from trinity / epic as I don't believe it is legal for stock racing if you race at a ROAR sanctioned place. I have also heard compared to other motors it is a dog. go to integy's forum and read what Big Jim says.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.